The Mourinho Thread

Last season when we were playing poor particularly after the Spurs drubbing, I remember Cahill was called to be dropped by many and eventually Zouma got his chance on a few occasions. Cahill was recalled yes, but at least his performance improved a tad bit.

I think Iva is at the point of no return as a top flight full-back, Jose is being too patient with him, when he's guilty of being impatient with other members of the squad(particularly youngsters).

I really hope Jose can give Baba a chance at LB with Azpi at RB.
I'm sure there will be improvement (we cant get any worse) and it'll open his eyes once and for all that we need proper fullbacks back in their correct/natural positions.

I honestly don't mind Ivanovic at CB, he did alright in our 12-13 season when Rafa was in charge. If he has to be involved it will have to be back at centre of defense.

The best way to move forward as a club is Jose coming to his senses and we get closure on the whole back-room incidents with Eva.

Jose brought us our best years and if anyone deserves more time and opportunity to turn this mess around, it's him.

Heck, Klopp was given the whole season with Dortmund and they came out looking better as club despite Klopp(his decision) leaving in the end.

I don't care what anyone says but if Baba is fit and he does not start in the next 2-3 games instead of Ivanovic then I'd want Mou to go to be honest.

This is my exact position. I'm a huge Mourinho fan but he is showing himself up with Ivanovic.

LOL and the same people here want managerial longevity!

Tough times really do show the character and support of some 'fans' of this club.

I will always support Chelsea even if we will get religated, but i'm not gonna support Mourinho when he plays Ivanovic, Fabregas, Costa and all others, when he doesn't change formations and still plays that 4-2-3-1 when it doesn't fit us, when he is predictible, when he doesn't rotate players, and doesn't use our one of the most talented young players in Europe from Chelsea academy.

LOL and the same people here want managerial longevity!

Tough times really do show the character and support of some 'fans' of this club.

Hmmm.

The thing is this has been happening for a calender year, it's not 5 games

His team selection and transfers have been borderline crazy.

His steadfast refusal to integrate any of our younger players has also not helped.

Then you have all the off-field antics

The guy since January is damaging Chelsea football club! That's who I support!

The absolute worst thing though is his refusal to admit he might be at fault - to me that is indefensible. He has a God complex and it will be his downfall and sadly the fortunes of my club are tied to his, so when he shits the bed - Chelsea suffer.

I'm pretty much done with him. He has until Weds night to prove he can turn this around, but sadly I expect more of the same...

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/13/9318099/matic-talks-about-confidence-emotions-in-the-chelsea-dressing-room?_ga=1.8129138.1983825573.1432878579
and now matic says we deserved a draw. so basically, everyone in our dressing room thinks everything is fine. from jose to iva to matic. hmmmm.. delusions of grandeur going around. i guess these guys need to watch the game once to say how we got owned by everton. shameful behaciour from us.

So basically like what AVB said before. I'll be the shit one if i have bad players.

Then that case a lot of manager can do good if we have good squad. We don't need him then!

In my opinion he'll come good, at least I hope. I'm just shocked at the way things are going.

Mourinho plays boring football compared to other managers but he always guaranteed victories, desire, passion from the players. And he did whatever he could to win even if he got rid of players who have fought for him. But he seems to fear ivanovic who has cost us so many goals this season (we're the worst in the league)

I don't see any signs of these positives he brings this season. I actually thought we'd come out against Everton, shut up shop with a low block and set out to not concede so that we can go from there. But Mourinho is looking different, almost as if he doesn't care about results because if he cares he'll make us defend deep so that we can salvage some points.

The football we played in the 2nd part of last season was acceptable because we were winning. But to play without creating proper chances, without any passing combinations that looks like we practiced attacking movement and we're loosing on top of it is unacceptable.

As a Chelsea fan he has my respect because of what he has done for us so he can be afforded more patience. But he has to either start winning with this boring football or get entertaining while playing youth.

To play the kind of football we aspire to play, we need better fullbacks and more technical fullbacks à la Filipe Luis. Azpilicueta and Ivanovic ain't good enough for that kind of play. Anyone who saw United - Liverpool yesterday witnessed how Shaw and Darmian completely bossed the game. Our fullbacks do not play like that.

I hope Baba is given some real chances soon but still I can't get my head around the selling of Luis. A huge mistake not to play him and then selling him away because of it. Selling Bertrand is another mistake which should have not happened considering the lack of academy products in the squad. With an attacking minded coach Bertrand could have reached new highs if he was given a real chance to play with Hazard, Matic and the co.

As to the other transfers under Jose, only selling KdB seems to be a mistake of epic proportions that will come back to haunt us. For the money received, selling Schurrle, Luiz, Mata and Lukaku were all right decisions.

So if we were to get a yet another manager, who would it be? Someone who is ready to bring up our youth (Musonda, Solanke, Loftus-Cheek) and give chances to squad players when the first team isn't performing. The term first team shouldn't exist at this level as the our bench should be more the way it was during the 13/14 season. But you also need to play the players and not just leave them rotting on the bench whilst playing your favourites. The new manager should be more attacking one as our squad is clearly built for that tikitaka but still lacks few players like better fullbacks, new centreback (Stones) and a new creative midfielder to fully utilize that system. The new manager should have a record of playing with high-intensity and high-movement football in the attacking third rather than prioritising the defensive movement. Many times in the attacking third our players are literally static but as soon as we lose the ball all players start running around like rabid dogs.

So who could be the new manager? I don't know. We still lack few players to play the football we want to play and changing manager right now might not be the answer. We might have to sign a nobody and hope he delivers.

Hmmm.

The thing is this has been happening for a calender year, it's not 5 games

His team selection and transfers have been borderline crazy.

His steadfast refusal to integrate any of our younger players has also not helped.

Then you have all the off-field antics

The guy since January is damaging Chelsea football club! That's who I support!

The absolute worst thing though is his refusal to admit he might be at fault - to me that is indefensible. He has a God complex and it will be his downfall and sadly the fortunes of my club are tied to his, so when he shits the bed - Chelsea suffer.

I'm pretty much done with him. He has until Weds night to prove he can turn this around, but sadly I expect more of the same...

Oh come on! Every football fan knows the kind of character he is so all this shouldn't be a surprise. Its sad to see to people forget the good things he has done for us and blame him for every petty thing. No one likes to see their team lose but there still needs to be a level of support to be shown.

To play the kind of football we aspire to play, we need better fullbacks and more technical fullbacks à la Filipe Luis. Azpilicueta and Ivanovic ain't good enough for that kind of play. Anyone who saw United - Liverpool yesterday witnessed how Shaw and Darmian completely bossed the game. Our fullbacks do not play like that.

I've been saying it for ages now..

There's no other top team playing with such fullbacks, this limits us in sooo many ways.

Just look at Marcelo, Carvajal, Alba, Alaba ...