The Mourinho Thread

What happened to Remy? Did he fight with Mourinho or something? He's been on the bench for all 5 games this season and he hasn't played a single minute

Mourinho choose Falcao over Remy, because he is one of his favorites, the same shit goes to Iva, Fab, Hazard, Costa.

Mourinho forgot what Remy did last year, when he scored alot important goals, that gave us 3 points. IMO if not Remy and Hazard we would lost our title last year.

This is flabbergasting to say the least. At the end of last season Jose spoke highly of Remy, saying he deserved to play more and it was his mistake not to give him more game time. Now he signed a past-it Monaco and Man Utd reject who has been injured and in abysmal form for past few years and plays him over the striker whose goals helped us massively to win the championship last term.

There is not even a hint of meritocracy in Jose's selections anymore, not even a faint smell. Demba Ba was right.

I don't know what people finding special in him! ok for 2 years, but what else?

2 CL in 12 years with team like RM and chelsea!

Can you please stop posting bullshit like this?

Ferguson won 2 Champions League with Mancheste United, and he was in charge for 27 years. Also this coming from a guy who want Ranieri or Di Matteo to replace Mourinho is even funnier, so next time when u want to write something "smart", please, think twice!

For the first time we need to show that we're not plastic club, board need to stick with Mourinho during this period, resolve problem ASAP, sacking isn't the option, because this can happen with every manager and then want Sack another manager? That's stupid. We need to make smart decisions and finally have stability with our manager, if we continue to sack managers after every bad run then only Hodgson will be available.

The worst thing about Mourinho is his favouritism of certain players. That's why he loses dressing room sooner or later. Second is his lack of imagination regarding to team selections and attacking style combined with solid defense. I'm not among disappointed on here. I saw this coming and went trough disappointment long time ago, precisely when he sold Mata and replaced him with Salah.

I don't think this situation is entirely his fault. Lack of transfer budget and 'ignoring' Jose's wishes and getting 'second rate' players instead is big part of the problem. This transfer 'inactivity' may be reacton to Jose's transfer failures (he sold better players to get worse ones in 80% cases) which left our squad weakened instead of stronger. Or maybe it is result of limited funds. We are about to build new stadium, we are likely to face restricted transfer budgets which may lead to underwhelming results in the near future.

I'm not sure we will be better of without him. He is more than capable to avoid relegation. Maybe even get top four because Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham are still shit. I don't think we would be looking like winning trophies with someone else. Just far less dramatic.

Little warming thing is that they don't have a week to prepare so there'll be no shit talking about 'positive reaction' from the players and how they worked the best ever !

One thing I noticed, isn't that Mourinho went more emotional ? I mean, when he praises his team after Chelsea - Liverpool (1:0 in COC semi-final) through the roof even though, let's face it, performance-wise it was average, we conceded several chances to them and scored only from set-piece, but Mourinho was so full of praise of the team like we smashed and outplayed them. When we win against any semi-decent opponent for Mourinho, at least what he says, is that everything is all right. He doesn't analyse performances anymore ? WTF ? He truly bielieves that they are really that good (even though they're not) because they're champions ?

Also he is super autocratic man, when he says that decision about team selection and tactics, it's not his decision but the whole team, assistans, analytics, well I don't believe it, it seems that it's 100% he makes decision and how dare anyone can have diffrent opinion ? His assistans seems scared of him. Don't believe there's much of discussion there.

You need diffrent perspectives to see things but it seems assistans just follow the leader.

Can you please stop posting bullshit like this?

Ferguson won 2 Champions League with Mancheste United, and he was in charge for 27 years. Also this coming from a guy who want Ranieri or Di Matteo to replace Mourinho is even funnier, so next time when u want to write something "smart", please, think twice!

For the first time we need to show that we're not plastic club, board need to stick with Mourinho during this period, resolve problem ASAP, sacking isn't the option, because this can happen with every manager and then want Sack another manager? That's stupid. We need to make smart decisions and finally have stability with our manager, if we continue to sack managers after every bad run then only Hodgson will be available.

i want RDM o ranieri at iterem, for a long time Klopp!

What it has essentially come down to is what others have alluded to; Mourinho put 100% of his faith in this starting 11 alone. He alienated almost every other player outside the starting 11 since 13/14 and now the chosen few are letting him down big time.

He needs to change his ways soon otherwise we will be left with a dejected starting 11 devoid of any ideas and a bench full of youth players - in fact, it actually looks like we are there already.

i want RDM o ranieri at iterem, for a long time Klopp!

Klopp or even Simeone have system. That system need patience and no pressure from board and fans. Klopp isn't manager that can bring instant success, and showing how patience are our fans he isn't really for Chelsea.

"Klopp would fit perfectly to an English club that is well lead and well organised. One which has a very good board of directors.

"A club with one person reigning, like Chelsea, would not be right for him."
If we get Klopp and have bad run under him? And again there will be "Klopp out", bring Simeone or Guardiola, and shit like this. Just check what Immobile said about Klopp and his trainings, only him said that, but still, he was there...
Real life isn't Football Manager, so for a change stop saying "bye bye Mourinho" and stick with our manager, player, club, and believe that this nightmare will be gone very soon, next game against Maccabi is our first chance to gain some confidence. I hope our board isn't that stupid to fire Mourinho without resolving current problems with squad, because this will happen with every manager in the world who replace Mourinho. For me he is the best manager for Chelsea, after this bad run some people seem to forget everything what Mourinho achieved in his career and how much he loves Chelsea and most important WHAT HE ACHIEVED WITH CHELSEA, and if someone know how to deal with this pressure and shitty results that's Mourinho.

Another reason we have to stick it out with him for at least the remainder of this season is the makeup of the squad. There are several players who work in a Mourinho system but probably wouldn't be fancied by other managers. A top manager may think to himself "I want to play with two attacking fullbacks, a highly mobile CM of high quality, and a pure, creative #10." We don't really have any of that. A new manager would have so much work to do to "cleanse" the Mourinho out of the side.

There's no way anyone could do that during the season. It's pointless sacking him during the season. If it happens it has to be at season's end when the new guy can scout players and make his own side.

Unless there's a Moyes-like public player revolt where the dressing room is clearly lost and the team stops playing for him he has to stay until the season is over.

Klopp or even Simeone have system. That system need patience and no pressure from board and fans. Klopp isn't manager that can bring instant success, and showing how patience are our fans he isn't really for Chelsea.

if he will come, i have patieunce to wait that he makes your ideas!
we could also lose one year ( but one year have to be lost becouse there is a project) not like now! you understand?

if he will come, i have patieunce to wait that he makes your ideas!
we could also lose one year ( but one year have to be lost becouse there is a project) not like now! you understand?

so basically now everyone wants jose out?

where were these guys during the wba game?

playing iva in that game was as criminal as this one.

jose has lost all my respect.

Dropping Ivanovic as much as it should happen will still do nothing to change the overall results.

The current form runs a lot deeper than one player being picked,Torres started the bulk of the games in 12/13 yet we still stayed relatively competitive.

Torres started the bulk of the games in 12/13 yet we still stayed relatively competitive.

Yes, but when you have a shit striker then you still can capture points either by drawing or having other capable players score. If you have obvious weak links in defence, you WILL concede goals and this team is not prepared to play the outscoring game. I'd rather have a Torres in attack than an Ivanovic in defence any time at the moment. We have got to start getting the basics right from the back to the front.

Dropping Ivanovic as much as it should happen will still do nothing to change the overall results.

The current form runs a lot deeper than one player being picked,Torres started the bulk of the games in 12/13 yet we still stayed relatively competitive.

i dont think so tomo.

i honestly think dropping iva WILL solve a LOT of problems. how can a RB not stop crosses from coming in? 12 goals in 5 games and atleast 10 of them were directly involved by iva. how can a RB just stand 6 yards off a player and let him shoot the way iva let naismith did yesterday. goals change matches and while our attack may seem lack lustre, we always seem to be chasing a game which is never easy. and most of this chasing is down to iva.

torres did start the bulk of games and we were still competent. but the point is that a striker can miss 5 sitters and score one goal and still be the match winner. a moment's lapse from a defender changes the whole game. i dont think thats comparable. the problem currently is iva or rather jose. if he cant atleast drop iva from the team. then like i have been saying since the WBA game, he needs to leave.

JM is starting to believe is own hype as the new God father of the Premier league replacing SAF. The problem is SAF was ruthless, innovative, clever and never ever thought his league winning team's couldn't be improved upon.

JM decided early on that we didn't need recruitments or that we didn't needed to improve our overall play. Barca and Bayern win leagues but still improve their squads and improve or change playing styles. So why don't we? Arrogance

JM is suppose to be innovative but he's stood still so we haven't changed our formation or player profile. Every team we now play knows our players and style. We use to be a team that could mix it up playing either a long ball, short passing, physical or tactical game. Now we are so one dimensional that it's predictable and poor.

JM needs to play players in their correct positions at the back that's a foregone conclusion. He needs to have physical imposing mobile midfielders with the remit to close down and destroy the opposition creative players and get the ball to our wide players who should be hugging the touchline and not constantly cutting inside. All our play is through the middle at such a laboured pace. We need to utilise Hazards, Kenedy, Pedro or Willian's pace purely as wingers who cross the ball. Get up and down the line. Play a 4-4-2 with Costa/Falcao along side Remy who by nature is a poacher. Someone Remy/Oscar can play off in and around the box. Team Gk Begovic Def. Baba Terry Cahill Azpli WL. Hazard/Kenedy CM. Matic Ramires/Lotus WR. Pedro/Willian FWD. Costa/Falcao Remy/Oscar.

This team will get us back to basics and give us a solid foundation to work from. Allow us to play back to front quickly either direct or wide. Stop us from being exposed down the flanks.

If we get Klopp and have bad run under him? And again there will be "Klopp out", bring Simeone or Guardiola, and shit like this. Just check what Immobile said about Klopp and his trainings, only him said that, but still, he was there...
Real life isn't Football Manager, so for a change stop saying "bye bye Mourinho" and stick with our manager, player, club, and believe that this nightmare will be gone very soon, next game against Maccabi is our first chance to gain some confidence. I hope our board isn't that stupid to fire Mourinho without resolving current problems with squad, because this will happen with every manager in the world who replace Mourinho. For me he is the best manager for Chelsea, after this bad run some people seem to forget everything what Mourinho achieved in his career and how much he loves Chelsea and most important WHAT HE ACHIEVED WITH CHELSEA, and if someone know how to deal with this pressure and shitty results that's Mourinho.

No, no, no. THE MOST important question is "Are we building something LONG-TERM" ? When we still patches things up with Mikel I'm not too sure. Maybe, or rather probably, we won't win with Klopp for the first 2 years but I'm fairly sure we will build platform for success.

I'm not on Mourinho out brigade either at least not until the end of the season but you see something build here ? Pressing ? Youth ? Identity ? No. He's yet to build something I'm afraid. He get teams over the line 2 seasons in the row, once we were close to the title, second time we won, but 2 times we did famous retreat tactic when we had to change tactic and play pragmatic, unattractive football. Therefore it looks to me like Jose is still here on short-term work, when he wants to win something and move on. I'm wrong ?

I wouldn't give up on him yet. Mourinho has to make decision(s). Remember when he benched Ashley Cole permanently after shocking displays, especially at Newcastle ? He moved Azpilicueta to the left and he has to do similar things this time with others. When we're at Azpilicueta, his switch to the left was just an emergency call, let's not kid ourself that he is the ultimate quality there.

Wow, watched Mourinho interview with BT Sports. He said that we created enough chances and that apparently Hazard missed 2 sitters (I don't remember something like this happening though). It fits well with what I wrote an hour ago that he doesn't see games in analytic way anymore. How he can say that we had any chances at all ? But you know, when we win playing ugly, but we win nonetheless, he praises players through the roof. BTW Guardiola is livid on the touchline when the players don't execute what he wants, regardless of the result.

Maybe his assistants are so deep behind him that they confirm what he sees and Mourinho thinks, since he has confirmation from others, that he sees everything in correct way.