The Mourinho Thread

I'm still trying to get my head around this ridiculously poor form. It's not like this is a totally different team that was shutting out teams towards the end of last season and blowing away teams at the beginning. I'll go through some points that are rattling around in the old noggin that should be addressed.

- The team selection. We've been found out, simple as. We were far too reliant on Eden last season, especially towards the end, and now that he is misfiring (in a passing and dribbling sense as well as finishing), we are floundering. I have never been a fan of Cesc playing alongside Matic, don't get me wrong he's had some great performances attacking wise from there, but defensively it always felt like Nemanja was doing two jobs. The right back position is a massive worry but it shouldn't be, We have one of the best full backs in the world playing out of position because Jose for whatever reason he has in his mind (be it leadership or whatever) thinks Brana is the man for the job. I will never understand this, his goals/assists last season were just painting over the cracks of a dreadful season in a positional sense and I hope we part ways in the summer. He is too much of a liability positionally.

- Mourinho doesn't become a bad manager overnight, much like the team doesn't. I do worry about this 'third season syndrome' but I do genuinely believe he is the man to get us out of this. I hope he has seen the light now (finally!!) about our defence, but who knows. We shouldn't be too quick on the trigger finger. We need consistency in our management. I don't want to end up hiring a manager a season for short term success. I know that sounds crazy to most on here who would want Klopp, Simeone or another flavour of the year. I just hope he gets his head out of his ass and finds his 'special one' manual again because the moaning/covering up for bad performances isn't helping anyone, especially the players.

- Speaking of the players, they need to take responsibility for this,. From the start of this season we have been coasting, some more than others, Cesc, Eden, Diego in particular, They need to shape up, I know there is some problems with team selection but in my mind the attacking players we put out should be producing more and working harder than they currently are. We know what they can achieve, we saw it last season.

- Transfer window, that was a bloody disaster for me. We have coasted in a different way here. We have focused on squad depth rather than improving and challenging the current crop of players who have become complacent. While Man City, Man Utd and even teams like Swansea have strengthened, we just floundered. Begovic was a great signing as was Pedro, Falcao is always going to be a troublesome one (especially when he's preferred to Remy for whatever reason), and don't get me started on the defender we got. It was a weak window where we needed to be strong like the year previous.

Anyway I've got it out of my system now, I just hope we start getting results, even if its a midweek game against Maccabi, that would put a smile on my face, it feels like there's no win coming. COME THE FUCK ON CHELSEA. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!

:blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

He's confusing himself now. It's like the liar that constantly keeps lying, at some point they will thrip themselves up, he's doing that.

Him not dropping players and constantly telling us we are just unlucky has to stop. The big picture is very simple, he's been found out, he's gone stale, he has ran out of ideas and 95% of the team are shite.

No point glossing things, it's all there for everyone to see. It maybe hard to swallow but that's the truth.

Well said mate. When your getting the piss taken out of you tactically by the likes of Pardew, Monk and Martinez it goes to show your being left behind by managers who just pinpoint a couple of weaknesses in the team mainly Ivan and Fairy Ass and exploit them.

I never got why its widely accepted Benzema is better at Costa, he might be more flashy but the Frenchman is awful at decision making and is average at movement, any tactically astute CB locks him out of the game.

Benzema can hold the ball up 10000x better than Costa.

You should ask Cristiano about it. His passing ability is also significantly better and his decision making....His movement maybe looks average because he has this guy that occupies all the space inside the box aka cristiano.

He's confusing himself now. It's like the liar that constantly keeps lying, at some point they will thrip themselves up, he's doing that.

Him not dropping players and constantly telling us we are just unlucky has to stop. The big picture is very simple, he's been found out, he's gone stale, he has ran out of ideas and 95% of the team are shite.

No point glossing things, it's all there for everyone to see. It maybe hard to swallow but that's the truth.

Exactly!! Time to start accepting responsibility and make changes where needed! Start by never playing Ivanovic again this season!

Also, what happened to the idea of dropping players who simply aren't pulling their weight!! A bit of tough love needs to be in full force! Either start performing, or kiss goodbye to the Starting XI..

Needs to pull his finger out sharpish. Getting tired of his excuses and his ridiculous outbursts.

Don't want to see him replaced as he's better than this. Besides, we'd only go back to that constant 'transition' phase with a new boss every 6 months. I really don't want to go back to that.

Well Mourinho, for one, was not able to sign his number 1 targets in the summer. We were after John Stones and Abdennour as our primary targets in the transfer windows as full backs. We had to settle down signing second tier players like Papy Djilobodji. Mourinho has been a victim of the transfer window, not working for him. Yes I agree, his love for Iva is actually getting annoying but who else is he going to play? Baba Rahman? Unproven still.

Listen, every manager has these moments where nothing is working out. It happened with Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti, Hiddink, you name it. Mourinho should not be sacked for the form of our attacking players like Hazard or Cesc. Only Pedro has been decent. The fans need to work closely with Jose, and put faith in him. Listen, this man has won us 3 titles of the 4 PL titles we've won. This man is Chelsea, and it's disgusting to see fickle fans treat him like this. We Chelsea fans need to learn from Dortmund fans. They were in relegation zone for 2 months under Klopp but still trusted him.

As Mourinho said today, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34233979

NOBODY is better than him, in terms of managing Chelsea. He knows best and I have faith in him still. Name me ONE manager that can take over Chelsea tomorrow and bring success. No one would.

Actually, what would be funny is if we win the Champions League or FA cup this year, fickle fans will be back celebrating Mourinho.

1. Dortmund fans are patience with Klopp because it is not entirely his fault for their shit season last year, Gundogan and Reus were out for the majority of it, losing his best mid the previous summer and then best striker for free. Jose will get similar sympathies have we gone on and sold Hazard, Costa with Matic suffering a serious injury and ruled out for 5 months.

2. No shit he would say that, what else would he say? I am out of ideas and don't know what to do, please hire someone else? haha and funny you should say, I can name at least 10 managers in the world who would WIN A TROPHY WITH THIS CHELSEA TEAM. Unless you mean success by consistent league and CL success then no shit, obviously no one can.

3. Your last point is hilarious, erm yh we would celebrate if we win something like that. Do you think people are demanding for Jose to be sacked because we all hate him or something? No we want change because it seems he is out of his depth now and his presence here is causing more harm than good. That is like saying a striker is good if he scores goal, captain obvious...

He's good defensively, but offensively he's not as a fullback, especially a Spanish fullback. I blame Jose, but even if he plays on the right side, I don't think he is that good as a offensive fullback.

I say 3 of the 4 are not quick enough and Cesc is better suited in a 4-3-3, but in terms of the EPL, outside of City, I can't imagine a better combo than Matic-Cesc.

In europe, most definitely, you are 100% correct, England, not so sure.

and that means nothing because Chelsea's selections in CM can be overrun easily by other PL sides esp. when the strength and positioning in CM falls to Matic alone. If Chelsea had two other strong and capable box-to-boxers, we wouldn't have anything discuss but the manager. But as things are, the squad and the manager are to blame.

We're all salty about this whole situation but I think people are being a bit harsh on José. Yes, some of this is his fault. His stubbornness and ego are huge issues.

If I'm assigning blame I'd put 60% of it on the players and 40% of it on Mourinho. What excuse do players like Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Terry, and Ivanovic have for just going to complete shit so suddenly? It's seriously mind boggling. These were all PL team of the season players just a few months ago and are now just shit? Come on. That's not all on José. These guys have to pull their fingers out and play to their true standard.

I'm not sensing any animosity or getting the impression that players are unhappy with him or don't want to play for him. It just so happens that all of the players in terrible form are the most important ones in the XI.

One more week like this one, though, and I'd fear for my job if I were José. If we get humiliated by Arsenal and all of our rivals pull even further away it could be curtains.

It seems to me Jose only comes with two-year guarantee policy... what can you do?

That's why he signed a new contract, so he can get a new two-year guarantee policy... but it seems that it doesn't work that way... at least for now...

1. Dortmund fans are patience with Klopp because it is not entirely his fault for their shit season last year, Gundogan and Reus were out for the majority of it, losing his best mid the previous summer and then best striker for free. Jose will get similar sympathies have we gone on and sold Hazard, Costa with Matic suffering a serious injury and ruled out for 5 months.

2. No shit he would say that, what else would he say? I am out of ideas and don't know what to do, please hire someone else? haha and funny you should say, I can name at least 10 managers in the world who would WIN A TROPHY WITH THIS CHELSEA TEAM. Unless you mean success by consistent league and CL success then no shit, obviously no one can.

3. Your last point is hilarious, erm yh we would celebrate if we win something like that. Do you think people are demanding for Jose to be sacked because we all hate him or something? No we want change because it seems he is out of his depth now and his presence here is causing more harm than good. That is like saying a striker is good if he scores goal, captain obvious...

Your first point is pretty much the same here. Hazard and Cesc are away on pre season still. These two players were the engine of Chelsea FC last year. That's like taking away Neymar and Messi from Barca, and expecting it to be the same.

During the Roman Era, we've had 9 managers different managers including Mourinho. Only 2 managers have managed to win us the title. 3 of the 4 were won under Mourinho. Mourinho is one of the few managers that knows the Chelsea system. No manager would be able to match Mourinho's achievements here, he's a proven manager. Klopp isn't proven and plus he is away on a sabbatical. Ancelotti showed why he was a failure here. Every manager has one of these moments, where nothing works out. Even Fergie had it in the 2004/05 season at the start.