The Mourinho Thread

Can't afford to replace one of the best managers in the world with an up and coming one and give someone their big chance. It could turn into AVB all over again. We also shouldn't want a manager like Simeone who will essentially play just like Mourinho does.

If you replace a world class manager it needs to be with another one. Klopp and Pep are the only two options in my eyes.

You just know with 100% certainty that if we sack José, once LvG's contract is up he'll take over there.

Can't afford to replace one of the best managers in the world with an up and coming one and give someone their big chance. It could turn into AVB all over again. We also shouldn't want a manager like Simeone who will essentially play just like Mourinho does.

If you replace a world class manager it needs to be with another one. Klopp and Pep are the only two options in my eyes.

You just know with 100% certainty that if we sack José, once LvG's contract is up he'll take over there.

Yeah and for 1 or 2 seasons they might win something - then they will implode like we are doing.

Sadly all this is proving that Jose is not long term - he cannot shape a future and build an empire

There's nothing to suggest youth integration, theres no concept of meritocracy

I don't blame the players for being disillusioned - what fun is it to go on the pitch knowing you will have zero options to be creative and defence is the primary goal.

I bet if Jose fucked off on a sabbatical for 6 months the players would respond and we would be fine

And that in a nutshell to me, means he has lost the dressing room - not in the conventional sense - just in the sense that players can't be arsed with his bullshit - they aint stupid they know Iva needs to be dropped and if the manager is too cowardly to do it - what message does that send!

Yes Cesc and Hazard have been quiet - but Cesc played some nice passes today and Diego fucked all of them up. There's no fluidity to our attacking movement it's just a shambles - we run out of ideas so quick

There's no footballing philosophy in our team and it shows

As much as I hate Wenger - you know he tries the passing game

Ferguson was all about swift attacking football, down the wings and into the box and it worked for him

Us? Fuck knows...

We have no suitable Fabregas replacement. Unless we moved Oscar back next to Matic and had Pedro, Hazard, and Willian behind Costa. Josè won't do that.

He might as well do that, though: the loss of technical quality is minimal (unlike if Ramires is selected), the midfield has more pace about it (unlike if Mikel is selected), AND we gain a threat from direct free-kicks. I mean, could Oscar/Willian possibly be LESS useful in defensive situations than Fabregas currently is? I don't think so.

I do not want to be seen as a c*nt but I'm going to make a list of every long term available managers seeing as everyone is talking about a new manager:

-Jürgen Klopp: Brilliant tactician at Dortmund he won some very big games and titles against the Mighty Bayern. His style of footbal is also very good to watch.

-Unai Emery: Another manager who overperforms with the little budget he get's, his Sevilla team have been playing amazing football but can he do it in a big club like us?

-Diego Simeone: His Atletico team play very high pressured football he is a very demanding manager and that's why he has been successful but he style is a lot different to Jose's.

-Joachim Löw: His Germany was a very good team in every cup competition and he won the World Cup... enough said.

-Rudi Garcia: He is the man that revived AS Roma, Roma is the only to challenge Juventus in a long team. His team has been playing some good football aswell.

These are the mangers who I would consider Chelsea quality. Who do you think would be the best replacement out of the 5?

Joachim Löw is an overrated manager.He just has the luck to have an amazing german team.Apart from that,he is average,especially when it comes to tactics.But I have to say that it seems that he is a good motivator.

I'd give him time till the end of the season to fix it. I'd be happy with a TOP4 finish and a reagained faith come the next season. I have all the faith in the team and staff to turn this around. This kind of bad form and experience will mold our (younger) players into much mature and better footballers I'm sure if they take this the right way and turn up to every training day after day, match after match.

He might as well do that, though: the loss of technical quality is minimal (unlike if Ramires is selected), the midfield has more pace about it (unlike if Mikel is selected), AND we gain a threat from direct free-kicks. I mean, could Oscar/Willian possibly be LESS useful in defensive situations than Fabregas currently is? I don't think so.

Is Oscar going to play those accurate balls over the top like Cesc does, though? Does he have the vision to pierce a defense with a through ball that Cesc is so good at? I don't think so on either point.

He would help our defense much more and wouldn't get bullied like Cesc does since he's far more athletic but I'm not sure it would do anything for our attack.

I'd try it, though.

-------------------Costa-------------------

Hazard---------Willian----------Pedro

-----------Oscar--------Matic------------

Baba----Terry------Zouma----Azpilicueta

-----------------Begovic-----------------

Guys does anyone else feel like fucking breaking down? I feel so bad that I think I will be sick tomorrow. I feel like I have a fever.

For some reason, football doesn't make me rage that much. Think TC has helped me calmed down over the years, like a realease valve.

Definately feel empty tho that this EPL season has been reduced to watching City win the league.

Aaaaaaaaaaand City just scored.

Fuck this Shit!

Is Oscar going to play those accurate balls over the top like Cesc does, though? Does he have the vision to pierce a defense with a through ball that Cesc is so good at? I don't think so on either point.

He would help our defense much more and wouldn't get bullied like Cesc does since he's far more athletic but I'm not sure it would do anything for our attack.

I'd try it, though.

-------------------Costa-------------------

Hazard---------Willian----------Pedro

-----------Oscar--------Matic------------

Baba----Terry------Zouma----Azpilicueta

-----------------Begovic-----------------

Mourinho simply needs to focus on getting the balance of the team right, because it's non-existent at the moment. Once that has been done, we can then begin to deal with issues relating to our limitations in attack (and think about bringing Fabregas back into the team etc.).

A starting 11 like the one above should hopefully give us a good base from which to attempt to recover some form and improve our team-wide defensive play, WITHOUT completely sacrificing the team's ability to hold possession and create chances (as Mourinho risks doing if he turns to Ramires/Mikel instead).