The Mourinho Thread

Wow, now there's a shout in Jorge Jesus! But I'm curious @Jason & @DYC., why him?

Because he's aaaaaaaawwwwwweeeeesome. I've never seen a coach with such charisma.

He has the hair of a god (or a Farah Fawcett, depends on your perspective). And he's crazy. But in a good way. Very funny and amusing.

I genuinely do think he's a good coach. His Benfica teams played brilliant football, despite losing star players on a yearly basis.

Because he's aaaaaaaawwwwwweeeeesome. I've never seen a coach with such charisma.

He has the hair of a god (or a Farah Fawcett, depends on your perspective). And he's crazy. But in a good way. Very funny and amusing.

I genuinely do think he's a good coach. His Benfica teams played brilliant football, despite losing star players on a yearly basis.

I remember @Leif once said Jorge Jesus is the exotic version of Neil Warnock. :lol:

Typical Mourinho. Even fucking Young gets a chance ahead of Di Maria to prove himself.

But Mou cant for once try something and give chance to others. Traore, Moses, last season Ake, RLC are all just figures for Mou. No wonder our bench is so poor if Mou doesnt trust anyone to prove. Mou keep playing Ramires on RW, what the hell? And ok if we played better or at least get results. But no. And he still doesnt make a change.

In every damn club players make some sort of surprises and get ahead of regulars or have at least some concrete impact apart from first 11. Bellerin, Young, Ibe,...what Mou does? Player plays shit and he will still continue to play him because of ''consistency''. Fuck that. If Iva plays poor, drop him. If Willian plays poor drop him. If Cesc plays poor, drop him. If you dont have players to replace, buy them. Thats why the window is for. Stop saying we have good team and then keep playing fucking Ramires on wing...and in mid season if things wont go his way, he will blame refs, players, lack of rotation, lack of depth etc. Same old, same old.

If you keep Moses, Traore, Ake etc give them the fucking chance. We dont have world class team that cant be benched. If you intend to use them for 3 games per year, then get some seniors who dont need play time, but will do their job like Belletti for example did in past.

This annoys me as well. You can't expect a young player to play when the player in his position is in good form. But when they're in terrible form, give them a chance. It's too easy to say they're not 'ready', or not good enough (without playing).

Play Musonda.

Pedro nearly done and vast amounts being bid on Stones ... think it's fair to say Roman has backed Mourinho so all of you with doubts about them falling out can rest easy.

Not going to lie, that was one of my big worries. The stress that Mourinho seemed to be under and his erratic behaviour at the whole medical department fiasco had be worried.. It's an understandable one though, I feel, our recent history is full of that infamous revolving door policy. It finally looks like we're building a long-term team, it would be excruciatingly annoying if we'd have to start again.

Pedro nearly done and vast amounts being bid on Stones ... think it's fair to say Roman has backed Mourinho so all of you with doubts hopes about them falling out can rest easy be disappointed.

Fixed.

Typical Mourinho. Even fucking Young gets a chance ahead of Di Maria to prove himself.

But Mou cant for once try something and give chance to others. Traore, Moses, last season Ake, RLC are all just figures for Mou. No wonder our bench is so poor if Mou doesnt trust anyone to prove. Mou keep playing Ramires on RW, what the hell? And ok if we played better or at least get results. But no. And he still doesnt make a change.

In every damn club players make some sort of surprises and get ahead of regulars or have at least some concrete impact apart from first 11. Bellerin, Young, Ibe,...what Mou does? Player plays shit and he will still continue to play him because of ''consistency''. Fuck that. If Iva plays poor, drop him. If Willian plays poor drop him. If Cesc plays poor, drop him. If you dont have players to replace, buy them. Thats why the window is for. Stop saying we have good team and then keep playing fucking Ramires on wing...and in mid season if things wont go his way, he will blame refs, players, lack of rotation, lack of depth etc. Same old, same old.

If you keep Moses, Traore, Ake etc give them the fucking chance. We dont have world class team that cant be benched. If you intend to use them for 3 games per year, then get some seniors who dont need play time, but will do their job like Belletti for example did in past.

Well said.

Absolutely fantastic post. For example I genuinely believe Nathan Ake would have done a much better job than fabregas in majority of the big games he has played and done so poorly in. for one the youngster is more athletic and both physically and tactically stronger. He's also significantly more tenacious. Players aren't running or in some instances even jogging past Ake like they do fabregas with ease and He's not the type to go into hiding either but Jose is the very antithesis of a risk taker.

Absolutely fantastic post. For example I genuinely believe Nathan Ake would have done a much better job than fabregas in majority of the big games he has played and done so poorly in. for one the youngster is more athletic and both physically and tactically stronger. He's also significantly more tenacious. Players aren't running or in some instances even jogging past Ake like fabregas and He's not the type to go into hiding either but Jose is the very antithesis of a risk taker.

Imo Fabregas will have to be given a Pirlo role if we want to continue to play him in bigger matches - that is, playing behind 2 athletic midfielders who can recover for him and basically be his legs and tackling ability. (ex used: Vidal. I suppose Willian could go there in emergencies.)

Cesc

*Vidal* Matic

Oscar

The downside is that it will end in Hazard being shoehorned into a second striker role, supporting Diego Costa in attack. Which could either end well or badly for him.

It could also spell the beginning of the end for Iva, JT in defence as it will be impossible to protect them when 2 midfielders already have to do the work of 3, let alone be 30% of the defence.

my-two-cents.jpg

Imo Fabregas will have to be given a Pirlo role if we want to continue to play him in bigger matches - that is, playing behind 2 athletic midfielders who can recover for him and basically be his legs and tackling ability. (ex used: Vidal. I suppose Willian could go there in emergencies.)

Cesc

*Vidal* Matic

Oscar

The downside is that it will end in Hazard being shoehorned into a second striker role, supporting Diego Costa in attack. Which could either end well or badly for him.

It could also spell the beginning of the end for Iva, JT in defence as it will be impossible to protect them when 2 midfielders already have to do the work of 3, let alone be 30% of the defence.

my-two-cents.jpg

Isn't it ironic that Jose, a manager who built his career on athletic and hardworking players signed one of the most unathletic midfielders in europe to be his main man in midfield. A crucial position of the pitch where lack of pace/athleticism is easily exposed and exploited unless ofcourse the player has the tactical intelligence and awareness of a Makelele or a Busquet. the irony of life.

Isn't it ironic that Jose, a manager who built his career on athletic and hardworking players signed one of the most unathletic midfielders in europe to be his main man in midfield. A crucial position of the pitch where lack of pace/athleticism is easily exposed and exploited unless ofcourse the player has the tactical intelligence and awareness of a Makelele or a Busquet. the irony of life.

I honestly can't believe Jose did not make an approach for Vidal - he has the marks of Essien, one of the best midfielders ever to play for Chelsea before Ghana destroyed him with poor treatment and many consequential, consecutive knee injuries (imo). Fabregas is a notable exception, honestly I think his purchase was due to the lack of availability of Koke than any other reason. Barcelona sold him to us on the cheap for a reason, I guess. A midfielder that lives in a bubble. Which baffles me further as to why he would not buy a Vidal to add more protection for him.

Still. There are solutions to this - City face a similar problem in the pivot of Toure-DM, a lazy midfielder who doesn't like to run backwards. They get around it by attacking and crossing their fingers the opposition either sit back or are in such a dysfunctional state that they cannot string a set of passes together. Arsenal do something similar with Cazorla-Coquelin. It's also why they collapse when they come up against teams with equal attacking prowess and/or a defensive midfield/defence with any pace and recovery players. IE City vs Barcelona 2014-15 CL both legs (Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, MSN), CFC vs Arsenal SB 2013/14 (Matic-Luiz-Oscar).

To be honest I have a hunch that both Ramires and Fabregas would not have played had Oscar and Moses been available, Jose is not blind, he sees the weaknesses (unless it's Ivanovic), and Matic-Willian-Oscar midfield is a lot closer to a traditional Jose Mourinho midfield than Matic-Cesc-#10. Cesc is fantastic for breaking down bottom 10 teams, less effective for 5-10 teams, and a fucking liability for the top 4 sides. Which is also why the whole "Oscar fell out with Mou and therefore the injury is a lie" conspiracy does not wash with me.

Indeed spot on on Cesc.

Imo he will have Mata fate in the future. Good player, likable and great stats. But he is not the man for the very top. Not for Mou team at least.