The Mourinho Thread

A friend and I have been wondering for a while why Coentrao stays at Madrid? Since we're talking about full backs, could he not have been an option to sign (not saying we shouldn't have signed Rahman)?

He's a good player who hardly receives as much playing time as he deserves and could be at any other good club in the world. Also he's Portugese and is it not true that Mourinho likes him a lot?

Hi friend!

Coentrao is a great player ... but only when he is focused on football.

Coentrao is a legend of the nighttime parties in Madrid. This guy prefers a night out to drink and dance than playing football. That was his big problem. In fact, Coentrao was in another Spanish team (Zaragoza) on loan from Benfica before going to Real Madrid and he had many problems with their fans because he did not have a good performance

because he was every night in parties.

And that affects their physical performance, because Coentrao is always injured by their muscle injuries. As a person and as a player he is a disaster.

But when Coentrao wants to play, he is much better than Marcelo. In fact, in the World Cup or Euro he has had a fantastic performance with Portugal.

Great qualities, bad head.

Regards.

Anyone think Jose intentionally set us up to be exposed at City to make a message to the board about our squad? I know if we really wanted we could have parked the bus way harder like we did in the past and they wouldn't have been able to create so many chances. I am thinking if he did then it is a good thing because I would rather us be found out when the transfer window is still open so we can fix it with signings instead of starting perfectly with a few 5-0 wins and wait until October for the squad weaknesses to be found out like in 2010-11 season.

While this might be cynical on Jose's part it is also beneficial for us in the long term.

We didn't even start perfectly in 10-11, not in terms of performances anyway, those two 6-0s were the two most misleading 'big' wins I've ever seen.

Also I very much doubt Mou threw the game, you do realise match fixing is illegal? Which would be pretty much what he done if he did what you suggested.

VIPs: Jose Mourinho's last six ‪#‎BPL‬ defeats have come against a manager who has a surname starting in P: Pulis, Poyet, Pardew, Pochettino, Pulis (again) and Pellegrini.

:ph34r:

Can be framed better, since march 15 , 2014 Mourinho has lost ONLY lost 6 games in the PL and it came against Manager's whose surname starts with P (which really seems so important doesn't it :D:D:D )

We didn't even start perfectly in 10-11, not in terms of performances anyway, those two 6-0s were the two most misleading 'big' wins I've ever seen.

Also I very much doubt Mou threw the game, you do realise match fixing is illegal? Which would be pretty much what he done if he did what you suggested.

Oh I don't mean as in official match fixing like telling the players to go out and lose on purpose or something like that but more like tweaking his tactics so our issues are exposed more clearly. For example anyone can see after the Swansea game how bad Ivanovic was destroyed by a speedy player and usually someone like Mou would move to rectify this straight away, yet a week later he seems to do nothing and as a result the same thing happened again. Also it is weird why we suddenly decided to play the highline in a big game away from home even though I bet Jose knew that would leave Cahill and Terry vulnerable due to their lack of pace, again this could be used to indicate that we desperately need a new CB. This is just 2 of many strange elements I have noticed about us since preseason, Jose knew these issues existed so instead of moving to temporarily fix them with tactics, he chose to let them be exposed further to encourage the board to sign new players.

Like I said nothing wrong with this and sometime it is necessary thing to do as we want to be found out early in the season like atm instead of like a few years ago.

Oh I don't mean as in official match fixing like telling the players to go out and lose on purpose or something like that but more like tweaking his tactics so our issues are exposed more clearly. For example anyone can see after the Swansea game how bad Ivanovic was destroyed by a speedy player and usually someone like Mou would move to rectify this straight away, yet a week later he seems to do nothing and as a result the same thing happened again. Also it is weird why we suddenly decided to play the highline in a big game away from home even though I bet Jose knew that would leave Cahill and Terry vulnerable due to their lack of pace, again this could be used to indicate that we desperately need a new CB. This is just 2 of many strange elements I have noticed about us since preseason, Jose knew these issues existed so instead of moving to temporarily fix them with tactics, he chose to let them be exposed further to encourage the board to sign new players.

Like I said nothing wrong with this and sometime it is necessary thing to do as we want to be found out early in the season like atm instead of like a few years ago.

Fans of rival teams will see this and go tell the other people on their forums of your theory and they'll laugh their asses off.

We just got thumped by City. That's all.

Anyone think Jose intentionally set us up to be exposed at City to make a message to the board about our squad? I know if we really wanted we could have parked the bus way harder like we did in the past and they wouldn't have been able to create so many chances. I am thinking if he did then it is a good thing because I would rather us be found out when the transfer window is still open so we can fix it with signings instead of starting perfectly with a few 5-0 wins and wait until October for the squad weaknesses to be found out like in 2010-11 season.

While this might be cynical on Jose's part it is also beneficial for us in the long term.

This is what I've been thinking and I actually also made a post about it in the pre-match thread of City:

stroey posted Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:55 PM

Would you rather end the month with 5 points (losing 3-0 against City, draw with WBA and beat Palace) and see the board coming with 1-2 improvements.

Or would you prefer our team to grind out 10 points but see no new faces at the end of August except for a left back?

In June+July Mourinho hinted uncountable times in interviews/pressers that he wants to strengthen but could not do it because of the ''1 in 1 out policy''. Basically the impression he gave was, that the board/Roman did want to spend a lot.

So at that moment I thought ''how could he still convince the board?'' The answer was to lose big time against City, to give the board a wake up call, because apparently losing against Arsenal was not enough.

I do not rule out that he intentionally played a high line (like you said) and played Cesc in the pivot while he normally plays Ramires there, even in games like Stoke and Westham away.

Something interesting here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9960211/jose-mourinho-is-not-happy-at-all-about-chelseas-stuttering-start

But Mourinho said Terry was withdrawn due to his lack of pace and on Friday the manager said that he may utilise quicker defenders and different formations more often.

"When you have strikers like we have, why not play with two strikers?" he said.

"When you have fast people like (Kurt) Zouma, (Cesar) Azpilicueta, why not play with three defenders?

"And now we are having time to do that because we have a week between games, so we are thinking about that."