The Mourinho Thread

Lmao - seriously? So because we have balanced the books we should go out and splash the cash?

So let's look at the 2 biggest spenders nearly every season:

- Real Madrid

- Man City

This tactic is really working out well for them right! They're dominating their domestic leagues and snapping up EUROPEAN Silverware... Oh wait...

Jose and the board know where we need to strengthen and will attempt to redress that.

We also have a very well stocked team of U21's that are looking to break through - so there's a definite need to integrate a couple of those players - saving us plenty of money...

If Chelsea wants to assert its dominance in the long run, it needs to stay competitive in the transfer market and keep a superior squad every season.

I believe, all the effort put in by Roman and the board has brought Chelsea in a unique period/situation among Europe's elite. We're no more a Man_city or a PSG (don't need to spend that much to get the better player, anymore) and we're not yet a RM or Barca.....what Chelsea at this moment is, very appealing for world class footballers... we're a potential usurper, a rebel ... the club needs to take advantage.

A bit of perspective for people getting their knickers in a twist over transfers.

This time last week United fans were panicking like we were now look, if we get to the end of July and still nothing ill join you in worrying but for now, don't worry, this time next week things could be a lot different.

It's funny how some people are just jealous of Man Utd spending. Listen guys, they need like 5 players to challenge for the title and they are buying a lot of new players. Also, we cannot afford to spend that much money like they can. And we have a good squad and we are gonna be fighting for the title again. We already got Falcao (who knows? Maybe he is gonna be a hit. But anyway at the moment I guess he is only Drogba's replacement which isn't a bad choice at all), we also got Begovic (cannot say it's an improvement on Cech but who wouldn't like to have Begovic as a 2nd goalkeeper...). Moreover, there's no doubt we are still very much in transfer window and we are gonna buy 1 or 2 players.

P.S. People complain when Jose doesn't give chances to our youth... but when he MAYBE wants to give them next season, people again complain for not buying BIG PLAYERS... The nature of people. bah.

A bit of perspective for people getting their knickers in a twist over transfers.

This time last week United fans were panicking like we were now look, if we get to the end of July and still nothing ill join you in worrying but for now, don't worry, this time next week things could be a lot different.

Yes, thank you! I posted in another how people are freaking out about transfers when a week ago, nobody in England had made many, if any signings. A whole lot can change in a week or so.

Patience.

world class talent at a decent price? you're asking too much, mate. Chelsea got a couple of those last year, you shouldn't expect that to happen every summer. We're champions, the board has been successful in balancing the book for three years straight... Chelsea should treat itself with some fancy signings and make a statement. Champions of England can do a lot better than a crooked Falcao, ffs.

There you go then..... World class talent at a decent price is asking too much and we got lucky last year. You have just agreed with me essentially and given an argument against your original post. It isn't going to happen so you need to cut Jose and the board some slack.

As for the 2nd part of your post, I think Muzchap answered it better than I ever could.

Exactly. I said this in another post, but, I'll repeat myself: we'll only buy if we need to, and it'll be a player worth investing in.

Exactly. I said this in another post, but, I'll repeat myself: we'll only buy if we need to, and it'll be a player worth investing in.

I sort of disagree, I do feel we need to buy as we showed last time resting on our laurels will come back to bite us sooner or later and another need for evolving is that eventually be too predictable, like Real were in Mous last season.

Doesn't have to be a world class signing but take Aranguiz for example, if what I've heard about him is right he would be a very good addition at CM especially in the big game's.

Its all well and good saying we dont need to upgrade but I must be watching different players sometimes?

If you think that we can get away with the lads we played this season and win the League again and make any progress in Europe just by giving RLC and Ake more playing time then I really hope we get the chance to do it. It might mean messing this season up but then next season we could upgrade the 1st team players and the depth that we do need.

All IMHO of course.

Its all well and good saying we dont need to upgrade but I must be watching different players sometimes?

If you think that we can get away with the lads we played this season and win the League again and make any progress in Europe just by giving RLC and Ake more playing time then I really hope we get the chance to do it. It might mean messing this season up but then next season we could upgrade the 1st team players and the depth that we do need.

All IMHO of course.

We need to strengthen without a doubt. If we don't make some decent signings, we'll be fighting to keep hold of our title and won't be doing much in Europe either.

I hope the board work their magic in the next few weeks prior to the start of our EPL defence.

This is eerily reminiscent of the 2007/2008 transfer window. Or the 2010/2011 one.

Not really, at least not so far. IMO. Back then we gave away at least 3-4 key squad players while barely signing any backup for them. At least this time, so far, we have accounted for Cech with Begovic and Drogba with Falcao.

I sort of disagree, I do feel we need to buy as we showed last time resting on our laurels will come back to bite us sooner or later and another need for evolving is that eventually be too predictable, like Real were in Mous last season.

Doesn't have to be a world class signing but take Aranguiz for example, if what I've heard about him is right he would be a very good addition at CM especially in the big game's.

I just think we're waiting until the shirt launch before announcing any signings. We want the shirts to be marketable, so no point advertising new players arriving with SAMSUNG painted all over the banners and hoardings.

This is eerily reminiscent of the 2007/2008 transfer window. Or the 2010/2011 one.

not even close to 10-11.

we let go off ballack, deco, beletti, cole and sold carvalho, while buying ramires and benayoun.

this season we have let go off DD and sold cech while replacing them with falcao and begovic. its not even close.

our first team consisted of a 33 year old DD, 32 year old anelka, 30 year old malouda and 32 year old lamps just in the front 6 (while having jt and cole in the defence). things are poles apart right now.

we already have a very good squad. we need to "upgrade" it. even if we dont, we will be one of the best squads in europe with the best manager in the world.