The Mourinho Thread

Scary to think what he will deliver trophy wise should he see that deal out.

Two leagues

Two fa cups

One league cup

One UCL

Who can actually say that's not a possibility with Jose in charge? Am I his biggest fan with his tactics in big games? No, my posts dictate that for sure but.. No one is better than delivering trophies than this man.

Scary to think what he will deliver trophy wise should he see that deal out.

Two leagues

Two fa cups

One league cup

One UCL

Who can actually say that's not a possibility with Jose in charge? Am I his biggest fan with his tactics in big games? No, my posts dictate that for sure but.. No one is better than delivering trophies than this man.

I'm a dreamer I know, but my biggest wish is for him/Chelsea to win the Champions League and the title twice before moving out of Stamford Bridge in 2017. That'll make three titles in a row and a Champions League and that's when they'll start to really fear him/Chelsea. Chelsea playing their home games on a neutral venue probably would not count that much either as the team would be on a whole new level as well.

I really do love his commitment to the club hes at and how he has the backs of most of his players but he does seem to not have faith in some players and doesnt give them proper chances.

Does anyone else think that he doesnt have (on average) a good history with incoming transfers?

Mourinho didn't want to sell Cech to Arsenal and Chelsea allow it.

I can see this as the beginning of the end for Mourinho at Chelsea once again.

Too bad since it look promising, but we will never have a coach that will have the ultimate say in transfer.

Now if Mourinho can stomach that then good, but it didn't went well last time.....

Too bad since it look promising, but we will never have a coach that will have the ultimate say in transfer.

Now if Mourinho can stomach that then good, but it didn't went well last time.....

He'll stomach it. He knew exactly what he was coming back to.

I'm not sure I believe this. Replay his early comments about Petr's potential destination. In those he talks about a legend's right to choose, about how normally it would be different but how Petr was special in the history of this club and that meant special treatment. Jose talked about pride in his club for allowing players to choose and about how the players we sell are very, very good so, wherever Petr went, it would have to be a big fee. Only more recently has he changed his tune.

My reading of this change is that it's a negotiating stance and that Marina put him up to it.

...Too bad since it look promising, but we will never have a coach that will have the ultimate say in transfer...

Will any club after Wenger leaves Arsenal?

Very rarely do manager's have the ultimate say.

Also Jose and Roman clearly have a much better working relationship this time, they spent 6 year's apart, people underestimate just how long a time 6 year's is.

On a different note, just to add this. The thing is Mourinho can't really seriously oppose Cech going to Arsenal and not be viewed as being disingenuous at best and a hypocrite at worst (not that I'm calling him one, because I'm not) since he said something to the effect of, and we all know Jose loves his own voice, "if Abramovich lets me go, he has no qualms about managing an English rival".

Gerrard on that slip...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/24/steven-gerrard-liverpool-slip-chelsea-premier-league-title

“The slip happened at a bad time, it was cruel for me personally,” said Gerrard. “There’s not a day that doesn’t go by that I don’t think about what if that didn’t happen. Would things have been different? Would it have turned out different? Maybe it might of, I don’t know.”

That slip, capitalised on by Demba Ba, put Chelsea on their way to a 2-0 victory, which in turn halted Liverpool’s title charge before they spectacularly unravelled against Crystal Palace, enabling Manchester City to clinch the title. Gerrard’s slip was all the more dramatic because he had been so integral in a rampant Liverpool side that had won 11 consecutive matches – including a 3-2 win over Manchester City two weeks before – and were unbeaten in 16 prior to the arrival of José Mourinho’s side.

“Going into the Chelsea game I think because we were in a good run and good form and no fault to Brendan at all, but we sort of went in with the same tactics,” added Gerrard, speaking to Rio Ferdinand as part of ‘Rio Meets Steven Gerrard’ which will air on BT Sport 1 at 10pm on Wednesday.

“We heard Chelsea were possibly making a few changes and we actually have the confidence we can blow them away but I think sort of underestimated the power of Mourinho. He came and he spoilt the game. He ruined it. He had them very hard to beat. He had all the units. He spoilt the game.”

Oh my...

Shots fired...

Mourinho loves taking credit for everything - Pellegrini

The Chilean says he is the polar opposite of the Chelsea manager, who won the Premier League title last season, but insists they are not "enemies"

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has taken a swipe at rival boss Jose Mourinho, saying the Chelsea coach takes credit for “everything”.

The Portuguese guided the Blues to Premier League glory last season, finishing eight points ahead of defending champions City in second place.

But Pellegrini believes the manner in which the two coaches celebrated their respective title wins highlights key differences in their characters, with the Chilean intimating that Mourinho took the limelight away from his players.

“When he wins, Mourinho wants to take credit for everything. I never do that,” Pellegrini told Chilean newspaper El Mercurio. “When I won the Premier League, I didn’t say a word."

The two managers have endured a fractious relationship ever since Mourinho replaced Pellegrini at Real Madrid, though the City boss insists he does not hold a grudge against his Chelsea counterpart.

“I don’t have any problem with Mourinho,” he continued. “He’s not my enemy and there isn’t any conflict - but I differ from him on all fronts. I have no interest in analysing him as a person.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/06/24/13013502/mourinho-loves-taking-credit-for-everything-pellegrini?ICID=HP_BN_2

Question is whether this is true.

> Pellegrino: “When he wins, Mourinho wants to take credit for everything. I never do that”

> Pellegrino: "In Spain I changed the way of playing, using 'free' midfielders instead of number 10. This was used later by Spain national team".

What a two-storied bellend.