The Mourinho Thread

I think we still would have won it but just barely by a couple of points at best, usually if you only lose less than 3 games per season you will be champion.

Maybe. It would have been interesting to see 2 managers in similar mould going at it again. I mean, Mourinho v Ferguson is no Mourinho v Van Gaal/Wenger/Pellegrino is it?

Maybe. It would have been interesting to see 2 managers in similar mould going at it again. I mean, Mourinho v Ferguson is no Mourinho v Van Gaal/Wenger/Pellegrino is it?

Jose now hold less match loss? I mean the record

sorry I meant matches lost in the premier league. They said man unit had a record created during Ferguson era

You mean the one when Ferguson's United set a record for the lowest amount of defeats suffered by a Premier League club in 1998/99? We beat that record this season with just 4 defeats across all competitions.

Thinking about it, it's a shame that Ferguson retired before Mourinho came back. Would have been interesting to see those two challenge for honours in the same league again and his United are arguably the only team who could match our relentless march at the top of the table this season.

His United team of what era though?. His last premier league team of 2012- 13 wouldn't have got anywhere near our current team.

His United team of what era though?. His last premier league team of 2012- 13 wouldn't have got anywhere near our current team.

Doesn't matter though. It's his quality to instill that winning mentality and relentless/ruthless streak that makes him unrivaled by few in history.

Doesn't matter though. It's his quality to instill that winning mentality and relentless/ruthless streak that makes him unrivaled by few in history.

Well that's a nice platitude but it doesn't really answer my question. Man United winning the league in 2013 was a great personal triumph for Fergie but it was a poor team. If he stayed i just don't think they'd have been challenging last season or this. Also you have to question his judgement in personally picking Moyes as his replacement.

Well that's a nice platitude but it doesn't really answer my question. Man United winning the league in 2013 was a great personal triumph for Fergie but it was a poor team. If he stayed i just don't think they'd have been challenging last season or this. Also you have to question his judgement in personally picking Moyes as his replacement.

United were average that season and yet strolled to the title because part of the reason and similar to this season, the other teams were hopeless. The man himself is a winning machine and he drills that into his players, just like Mourinho. Managers like him are probably worth 10 points a season, they make the players give that litte bit more, playing beyond their limit.

And what does his choice of picking Moyes as his successor has to do with all of this?

United were average that season and yet strolled to the title because part of the reason and similar to this season, the other teams were hopeless. The man himself is a winning machine and he drills that into his players, just like Mourinho. Managers like him are probably worth 10 points a season, they make the players give that litte bit more, playing beyond their limit.

And what does his choice of picking Moyes as his successor has to do with all of this?

If you were the best - you'd definitely pick someone less good to come in and manage after you :)

It further reinforces and solidifies your status as legend :)

However - even SAF probably didn't expect UTD to be so shit under Moyes lol

Your original post said you would like to see Fergie up against Mourinho why?. Mourinho was more then a match for him first time round so i can't see how a near retirement Fergie would have been close to getting anywhere near us in the last two seasons. Well choosing Moyes proves that Man United is an autocracy and that Fergie had far to much power and yet with all that at his disposal he chose the massively out of his depth Moyes.

If you were the best - you'd definitely pick someone less good to come in and manage after you :)

It further reinforces and solidifies your status as legend :)

However - even SAF probably didn't expect UTD to be so shit under Moyes lol

Well i don't know about that. If Fergie truly loves Man United it's an odd way to protect your legacy by appointing someone who's massively inferior to you. He made a terrible choice. Mind you i'm glad he did can't see the man with the biggest head in football (size not ego) L.V.G lasting much longer either.