The Mourinho Thread

Remember on new year eve when we got beat 5-3 against Tottenham ? Everyone was crying, why did we play that high, why this, why that... and now we get a good draw away from home in the CL and still not happy.

We could win 20 games in a row, scoring 70 goals and playing the best football England has ever seen then draw at The Ethiad on the 21st match which will trigger the return of the usual suspects and the tiresome clichés.

Still don't mean much.

Arsenal can have one of those days as well.

Yes it does, flat track bullying is an underappreciated trait in football, failure to master it last season cost us the title and (so far) fixing it has put us 7 points clear at the top of the league.

Cup final, 7 points clear at the top, on our way to QF of the CL, pfff. It's like we don't deserve nice things.

Still won nothing yet...in 2 weeks could be out of CL, lost the Final and lead cut to like 1-4 points. It changes every week and until we hold up a trophy it all means NOTHING. Hate it when people keep bringing these things in a debate.

It is like when people are questioning some of his tactics people start to bang on how he is a manager God and because he won 2 CL no one got the right to question anything about him.

Still won nothing yet...in 2 weeks could be out of CL, lost the Final and lead cut to like 1-4 points. It changes every week and until we hold up a trophy it all means NOTHING. Hate it when people keep bringing these things in a debate.

It is like when people are questioning some of his tactics people start to bang on how he is a manager God and because he won 2 CL no one got the right to question anything about him.

Difference between constructive criticism and some of the stuff spouted after every bad result performance.

Not even the late days of AVB there was this much general moaning.

And maybe it would be more tolerated if

it happened in reverse after a great result/performance, the fact the West Ham and Swansea post match threads had only 4 and 6 pages off reaction respectively while the Mou thread was pretty quiet (certainly in comparison to last night and Bradford) frankly says it all.

Interesting observation.

Chelsea 2-0 West Ham

We played some breathtaking footy completely dismantled and destroyed one off the most inform teams in the league, the post match thread had 4 pages, the Mourinho thread was barely touched.

Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

22 pages in the post match thread and the Mou thread in overdrive.

PSG 1-1 Chelsea

14 pages and this thread in overdrive.

Says it all.

Beause losing against batford is matter to some of us

Because against PSG, what we saw that night is indicating something really to concern not just about impression of one single performance

Because against westham, probably just want to wait and see are we really or finally capable to have that good off the ball movement, excellent football more consistently ?

which is exactly indicating succesfull of drilling in practice and manager work. If not cannot produce more consistent, maybe because there is something not right

About praise

I think some member here also often giving mou praise and credit. For example convincing and meaningful performance against top team like against city at etihad last season, chelsea fans in here really give mou praise, because he fucking deserve it.Also when he make excellent decision in tricky moment or difficult match and absolutely when we notice some solid concrete team improvemnt or progress

Difference between constructive criticism and some of the stuff spouted after every bad result performance.

it happened in reverse after a great result/performance, the fact the West Ham and Swansea post match threads had only 4 and 6 pages off reaction respectively while the Mou thread was pretty quiet (certainly in comparison to last night and Bradford) frankly says it all.

Constructive it is, I don't think anyone go full on knee jerk and post things like 'Mourinho outttttttttttt' or some bs like that

You know why the criticism is repetitive and about the same thing(his negative approach) nowadays? BECAUSE HE KEEP DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Like I said so many expected him to play that exact same tactic beforehand since that Liverpool game, get a goal park it and hope for the best. It is literally the same thing over and over again, that City away game last year looks like a one off out of his many negative games.

What is constructive criticism? highlighting his one dimensional tactical acumen and his inability to make us not play like a rich man's Westham/stoke in the big games which has been a recurring team throughout his time here sounds constructive to me. Some are simply fed up of watching the awful football he consistently serves up in virtually every big game, even our home performance in these type of games this season has been equally as poor as the away games. It can be excused, like in previous seasons, when our team wasn't equipped to play decent enough football in these games but not anymore.

Constructive it is, I don't think anyone go full on knee jerk and post things like 'Mourinho outttttttttttt' or some bs like that

You know why the criticism is repetitive and about the same thing(his negative approach) nowadays? BECAUSE HE KEEP DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Like I said so many expected him to play that exact same tactic beforehand since that Liverpool game, get a goal park it and hope for the best. It is literally the same thing over and over again, that City away game last year looks like a one off out of his many negative games.

THIS. I literally just posted a similar comment below. This is the crux of the issue behind most people's frustration regarding Jose.

Remember on new year eve when we got beat 5-3 against Tottenham ? Everyone was crying, why did we play that high, why this, why that... and now we get a good draw away from home in the CL and still not happy.

We didn't even play a high line against Spurs until we had conceded 3 goals and we were in our normal defensive shape for the entire first half. The same issues were evident in the game with PSG but they were just a lot more wasteful than Tottenham. It's not like the performance or tactics were any better so I'm not sure why people expect there to be no complaints. Regular big-game performances like these give us huge cause for concern. A good but very lucky away result against PSG doesn't take away from that.

I can't even fault Jose much this season, my main gripe with him was how we used to play so cowardly against the lower sides and we've pretty much rectified that this season, we've been great against the smaller teams. This season it doesn't seem to be working against the bigger teams as well as it did last season but the results have not been disastrous exactly. I agree that we could work on our play in the final third against bigger sides but the evolution of the team is coming along very nicely IMO.

I can't even fault Jose much this season, my main gripe with him was how we used to play so cowardly against the lower sides and we've pretty much rectified that this season, we've been great against the smaller teams. This season it doesn't seem to be working against the bigger teams as well as it did last season but the results have not been disastrous exactly. I agree that we could work on our play in the final third against bigger sides but the evolution of the team is coming along very nicely IMO.

It is not gonna evolve, not with Jose after all these years and people still believe in it...The City game away last year was probably the top of Mou's away tactics, it was probably the best ever away performance against a big team away from home by his team. For example I believe he thinks we played well against PSG yesterday so next time if we get Real/Barca/Atletico/Bayern he will do the same thing again. Hell even against Dortmund who is terrible defensively atm he will probably do it, just because it is CL and against a big team on paper.

Evolving is building on the City away last year, not regressing back to parking the bus after going ahead. Last year we should have won like 4-0 because we kept going forward after scoring and intend to score more, unlike now where it is all about defending after taking the lead against any good/great team. If we are honest PSG should have won like 4-1 if they took all their chances like Spurs did and the ref didn't miss 2 obvious pens for them.

Yes it does, flat track bullying is an underappreciated trait in football, failure to master it last season cost us the title and (so far) fixing it has put us 7 points clear at the top of the league.

Yes but that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I was talking about doing what we did to Swansea and schalke to teams like Liverpool and such. When we can do that then we can say that this team is something special.

Other then that the people complaining about the quality well that's their opinion and they have a right.

Some people here are like some Madrid fans that want to win and play good.

So in that sense they are right in regards to mourinho.

We will never play amazing against the big boys, it will continue to be like what we saw against psg, Liverpool and such.

For me I'm fine as long as we win.

For some it's not.