The Mourinho Thread

He sets us up not to lose, now whilst that maybe all well and good in some cases we need to be far more attack minded in the bigger games. We have all the tools to do so in players like Hazard, Willian, Cudrado, Costa etc.

To all people who talking shit about Mourinho: How Bayern played yesterday with the best attacking coach in the world? Did they create a lot? How many shots on target? Shakhtar must have been blown away by best team with the best coach...

That's just a once in a blue moon.

The people criticising mourinho is not for a one game thing is for a recurrent thing.

While they might have a point, I'm not too worried about it and happy with the draw and away goal.

To all people who talking shit about Mourinho: How Bayern played yesterday with the best attacking coach in the world? Did they create a lot? How many shots on target? Shakhtar must have been blown away by best team with the best coach...

Mourinho used to be the best counter-attacking manager in the world, and I'm a huge fast paced counter style fan. He has completely abandoned his main style and it's starting to get me worried. The last time we pulled off a proper counter-attacking performance was last season against City. Its too few nowadays.

In big away games we attack as if the players just met each other for the first time and there is no sign of a practiced attacking move during the match. Its only the defensive shape I see but no plans in place when city or PSG lose the ball, we just pass to hazard and hopes he runs to the 18box successfully or we send a long hopeful ball to costa and prays he is Drogba.

What has happened to those swift counterattacks of the old Mourinho teams? He needs to implement it here against the big teams. Our weakness can't be as easy as PSG letting us have the ball then we don't know what to do or PSG stopping hazard from running past players by fouling him. It's too easy.

I know our players have weakness of keeping balls under pressure, but I need to watch our team and see some of our attacking pattern once in a while, its looking like too much guess work.

before the game : PSG will see a different Chelsea from last season.

after the game : 5 of my players didn't train.

And of course, some people still naively buy it. Why wait till your side has been categorically outclassed in every facet of football till you then go on and contradict yourself later? That was the most lopsided 1-1 I've seen in a very long time. More like 5-1. And also, how many times this season have we averaged 1 or 0 shots on target in a match? 4? 5? That's unheard of at Chelsea.

Atleast he didnt blame the fans this time.why can't he just hire an offensive coach to direct attacking drills in training like fergeuson use to do, that way he can focus on what he's actually good at and the team benefits greatly from the balance it brings.

Atleast he didnt blame the fans this time.why can't he just hire an offensive coach to direct attacking drills in training like fergeuson use to do, that way he can focus on what he's actually good at and the team benefits greatly from the balance it brings.

This would make sense. He can focus on his defensive areas and managing the tactics during the game while the attacking patterns is done by the coach. Our counterattacks have been so bad this season and its not looking normal again.

no wonder we were playing better when Ramirez wasn't available. Too bad Jose doesn't see that.

now that Ramires is recovered there won't EVER be one single big match where he won't play.

When he's given more freedom in the attack and he's in good form, he's quite useful, but to play the role demands from him and ALL AMs in those matches? Yes, it's frustrating.

I don't understand why people keep comparing us with Bayern. Bayern done their usual thing with passing but Shakhtar were effective in restricting them to shots on target. Bayern didn't sit back and defend. They were passing and looking for a way through but could not. They had 8 shots compared to Shakhtar's one. They just could not get much on target. We on the other had only had 2 shots that game. Bayern had a man sent off with 25 minutes to go as well? Do you really expect them to go all gung-ho away from home after that. There is a complete difference. Anyway I am sure Bayern will demolish Shakhtar second leg anyway but it is nonsense to try and compare our performance to Bayern's. Shakhtar were good at restricting Bayern. Shakhtar did not create and only had 1 shot that game. Bayern did not sit back. Their game plan was just not effective. We on the other hand were outplayed and were poor going forward and in defense. Our goalkeeper saved us from a beating last night.

Complete difference. We could have done much better offensively yesterday night.

Good to know I'm not the only one cursing at this thread since yesterday every time the post about Bayern's result comes up.

Who are they??? I didn't hear Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern singing this to be fair. Others, such as United, Arsenal, Liverpool are irrelevant.

United have invested almost 200m and they're playing worse than Chelsea U18s.

And then comes the usual suspects, the moral winners of every competition, Arsenal and Liverpool, the deluded teams with clueless managers/tactics that play fancy football and never win a thing.

What about Liverpool last season?? What about their all out attack tactics?? The stick Mourinho would get for blowing that lead... man, this whole forum would go into complete meltdown.

What you want is a team to entertain you the way Liverpool did last season and defend the "Jose way". That's basically the perfect football team and I'm afraid it does not exist.

And no, it is not called a balanced team. You can't score over 100 goals and allow only 20 with a balanced team. Not even Celtic could do it in SPL, nevermind EPL.

You guys talk about opposition fans, but half of United's fanbase would donate their left bollock to have Jose at Old Trafford.

This thread is quieter than a desert after a Chelsea win, but a mess after every other result. Even after a draw with an away goal that puts you in the driving seat, all you do is moan, moan, moan and fucking moan.

fine , but trying to sneak a set piece and then defend baldly when called upon , isn't really good enough. How about defending tightly but managing more than about 4 attacks?

I don't understand why people keep comparing us with Bayern. Bayern done their usual thing with passing but Shakhtar were effective in restricting them to shots on target. Bayern didn't sit back and defend. They were passing and looking for a way through but could not. They had 8 shots compared to Shakhtar's one. They just could not get much on target. We on the other had only had 2 shots that game. Bayern had a man sent off with 25 minutes to go as well? Do you really expect them to go all gung-ho away from home after that. There is a complete difference. Anyway I am sure Bayern will demolish Shakhtar second leg anyway but it is nonsense to try and compare our performance to Bayern's. Shakhtar were good at restricting Bayern. Shakhtar did not create and only had 1 shot that game. Bayern did not sit back. Their game plan was just not effective. We on the other hand were outplayed and were poor going forward and in defense. Our goalkeeper saved us from a beating last night.

Complete difference. We could have done much better offensively yesterday night.

I agree, and credit should be given to Guardiola for that, he edges José when it comes to that I guess, we were so poor yesterday, shockingly poor for a team that leads by 7 points the PL, we'll qualify though.

I think people exaggerate the level of control a manager has over match proceedings... I don't think it was Jose's intention to defend against PSG ... in fact I don't believe he ever sets teams up just to defend. He just puts out a team he believes can cope with a range of situations that could possibly unfold during a match... and some times, like Yesternight, he makes the mistake of trusting the wrong player/s to handle these situations. And when these players screw up the whole plan goes down the toilet and we end up looking like shit.