The Mourinho Thread

After all?

Nobody liked hearing what Nasri said but surely only those with their head buried in the sand ever doubted that he was right.

the nasti lil cunt was merely trying to deflect how dreadful his team is ... AND BOY are they shit

Well, 4231 is clearly not for us in tough away games, we have always looked bad offensively without Fabregas deep. 4-3-3 would be better imo, with a DM-CM-DM lineup in the middle letting Fabregas flow.

which is exactly what we tried yesterday.

Can work but Fabregas was not particularly in form yesterday. Also he is not exactly a big game player. Did not help that our DMs and defenders where unable to even get the ball to him. Maan our transitional play was shit yesterday.

IMO he needs a bit more assistance. a proactive DB and a box-to-box midfielder with a better package than Ramires would be helpful. But I am sure Mourinho will identify someone to take that role.

I think people exaggerate the level of control a manager has over match proceedings... I don't think it was Jose's intention to defend against PSG ... in fact I don't believe he ever sets teams up just to defend. He just puts out a team he believes can cope with a range of situations that could possibly unfold during a match... and some times, like Yesternight, he makes the mistake of trusting the wrong player/s to handle these situations. And when these players screw up the whole plan goes down the toilet and we end up looking like shit.

So what you're saying is Mourinho doesn't really coach; he just assembles a good group of players and tells them to go out there and cope with whatever happens.

That explains why we look so disorganised and clueless a lot of the time to be honest.

what Nasri even said? I usually don't pay attention at those wannabes quotes/interviews to the media, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about....

"I'm a big fan of Mourinho, but I am not impressed with his team, not at all. We have played them twice, one time with 10 men, and we were better than them.

"Then we played them at the Bridge, we were better than them.

"When I have seen some of their games, I don't think they are that fantastic -- they are just strong and have a good striker up front.

"For me they are not special at all, and I think they are going to make some mistakes. We just have to perform, to win our games, and see what's going to happen.

"This title will be like this until the end of the season. No one will win the league 10 games before the end of the season."

"I'm a big fan of Mourinho, but I am not impressed with his team, not at all. We have played them twice, one time with 10 men, and we were better than them.

"When I have seen some of their games, I don't think they are that fantastic -- they are just strong and have a good striker up front.

"For me they are not special at all, and I think they are going to make some mistakes. We just have to perform, to win our games, and see what's going to happen.

"This title will be like this until the end of the season. No one will win the league 10 games before the end of the season."

just who is your team ???? Im not a big fan of Pelegrini either

as I said... wannabes.... peasants... there's a reason why I don't pay attention to them.

We've been struggling now, but guess what... RM, Atletico, PSG, City, Bayern - none of those teams are playing out of their minds at this point. The only top team playing better now than they were earlier in the season is Barcelona.

Bayern had their annual Hamburg spanking, but apart from that they haven't been playing well. And who's Nasri to say anything when City went SIX matches - including three home - without a win?

Players - especially in England as there's no winter break - are tired, many teams (including us) dealing with injured or not 100% fit players. It's normal for teams not play exceptional football at this point.

Also nobody claimed we're fantastic... but if he's not impressed with us he can be impressed with his own team playing against Barcelona next week. Peasant.

Thanks for the answer

which is exactly what we tried yesterday.

Can work but Fabregas was not particularly in form yesterday. Also he is not exactly a big game player. Did not help that our DMs and defenders where unable to even get the ball to him. Maan our transitional play was shit yesterday.

IMO he needs a bit more assistance. a proactive DB and a box-to-box midfielder with a better package than Ramires would be helpful. But I am sure Mourinho will identify someone to take that role.

Yeah I know what you mean, but by a DM I meant 2 'Matic type' players (ie Mikel-Cesc-Matic) which stay mostly in the middle third of the pitch and allows Fabregas space (this sounds silly and contradictive but almost like a false 10 - just slightly lower sitting), rather than Ramires - then again tbh I have never really liked what he brings to the table.. I think it was just a rough week in terms of injuries, but because it's Chelsea we never have injury crises according to the press and every player is expected to be at max form. Maybe it's not the formation I'm unhappy with after all, but the players we're playing.

As Barbara said (might have been another thread), we need a quicker defence to play the higher line to make it work, ie with Zouma, who may I stress would not have given away the ball for Cavani's goal. As for Iva...I don't know why we don't just make it official and name a back 3 and then we won't be as disappointed when there's an opposition attack and Ivanovic is still in an offside position in the other half.

After all?

Nobody liked hearing what Nasri said but surely only those with their head buried in the sand ever doubted that he was right.

That's not the point. If Chelsea is nothing special ¿what it is City and the remaining teams? the english football is a shit, then. To belittle Chelsea as he did, Nasri directly discredited his own team.

don't worry. I don't mind when people disagree with me. I mind when they misunderstand what I'm saying, assuming I'm saying a different thing - which I didn't even can say you were implying as most of my posts focused on something else and I wasn't explicit on what I think we could have done differently.

I didn't think they were that unfair fouling Hazard. Tbh, fouling is one aspect of the game, whether it makes it dirtier or not, it's a different story and sometimes I wish we fouled opposition in not dangerous areas than we do. It disrupts play. As I said, a bit dirty and I hate when they do this to our players, I just wish we gave teams of their own medicine.

I think we could have approached the first 45 in a different way and killed the tie. I can't predict it would have worked though.

edit:

Mourinho was very explicit in his words (I thought he was making a game of words to lead people to believe something he hasn't exactly said) and named that Willian, Oscar, Cesc, Iva and Eden haven't trained since the Everton match.

No I understood & yes we could of been a little more adventurous (allowing are flair players to negate some defensive responsibilities for a short period) however IMHO I think there were some fundamental reasons why José stuck rather than gambled.

The lack of training/fitness to key players must not be overlooked as has the form of most of the squad, we haven't played well bar Swansea for over 2 months, so going to a very tough opponent in their own ground there has to be some degree of caution. I can understand fans frustration because this tactic has been accumulative over recent weeks & I can sympathise, however as stated I think on this occasion jose had some genuine reasons and that's why I get vexed with the spoilt brat mentality that rears its ugly head on here.

I do have a problem with the Hazard treatment though, once the ref starts doing the job he is supposed to then some yellows followed by poss reds would of ensued because their players would think twice after they had been booked about fouling Hazard, Blanc knew by stopping him they could take a result to London, his plan worked cus the official was so kin well lenient, the persistent fouls meant Hazard could not get into the game. I'm pretty sure José will make some reference about protection for Hazard come the PC in a few weeks time.

I think we were lucky & poor at the same time but you also have to expect the home team to take the initiative so we have to give them credit, nonetheless we still got a great result.

Seems some are also getting confused about the Bayern perfomance/result? Well we actually scored - enough said!

No I understood & yes we could of been a little more adventurous (allowing are flair players to negate some defensive responsibilities for a short period) however IMHO I think there were some fundamental reasons why José stuck rather than gambled.

The lack of training/fitness to key players must not be overlooked as has the form of most of the squad, we haven't played well bar Swansea for over 2 months, so going to a very tough opponent in their own ground there has to be some degree of caution. I can understand fans frustration because this tactic has been accumulative over recent weeks & I can sympathise, however as stated I think on this occasion jose had some genuine reasons and that's why I get vexed with the spoilt brat mentality that rears its ugly head on here.

You wanted us to be even more defensively vulnerable than we already were? It is possible, contrary to what we have seen this season, to defend in numbers (including the attackers) and maintain defensive solidity while still creating good chances going forward. We actually had neither (I can't stress enough how pathetic this is) a good attacking or defensive system in place for the nth time in a big game this season, so excuses like 'our players were tired' are not particularly valid.

You wanted us to be even more defensively vulnerable than we already were? It is possible, contrary to what we have seen this season, to defend in numbers (including the attackers) and maintain defensive solidity while still creating good chances going forward. We actually had neither (I can't stress enough how pathetic this is) a good attacking or defensive system in place for the nth time in a big game this season, so excuses like 'our players were tired' are not particularly valid.

Who said our players are tired? If you care to do some reading, I referenced our players hadn't trained therefore not 100% fit & if you read a little deeper I also stated that I do not buy into the bollocks of players being tired!

I think I said 'I can understand & sympathise' with fans frustration it did I not?! But i also detest the spoilt brat mentality which is rife on here, last time I looked we are 7 points clear in the PL, a cup final & a good chance of making the quarter finals - again if the CL, yet your harping on about playing defensive & creating chances! Well yeah in an ideal world we can do that we can also go back to being out of the CL places, inconsistent results & prob fined by Fifa for spending shit loads on average players.

Rome wasn't built in a day mate, I suggest you have some patience.

Here's something to cheer everyone up. We are 7 points clear at the top of the league with a cup final in 11 days.

This place is like feeding time in the Zoo after a bad/result performance.

I think people standard have increase like that of Real Madrid.

For most Real Madrid fans playing crap and win is not enough, you have to play good.

It seems like that is happening with some fans here.

While I'm not like that, we can't negate their view.

Interesting observation.

Chelsea 2-0 West Ham

We played some breathtaking footy completely dismantled and destroyed one off the most inform teams in the league, the post match thread had 4 pages, the Mourinho thread was barely touched.

Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

22 pages in the post match thread and the Mou thread in overdrive.

PSG 1-1 Chelsea

14 pages and this thread in overdrive.

Says it all.

I remember saying that who cares about the 5 to 0 against Schalke or Swansea.

When we can do that against a team like Liverpool then we can talk about this team being something special.

Until then is just same old same old. Sometimes great, sometimes average and sometimes bad.

Who said our players are tired? If you care to do some reading, I referenced our players hadn't trained therefore not 100% fit & if you read a little deeper I also stated that I do not buy into the bollocks of players being tired!

I think I said 'I can understand & sympathise' with fans frustration it did I not?! But i also detest the spoilt brat mentality which is rife on here, last time I looked we are 7 points clear in the PL, a cup final & a good chance of making the quarter finals - again if the CL, yet your harping on about playing defensive & creating chances! Well yeah in an ideal world we can do that we can also go back to being out of the CL places, inconsistent results & prob fined by Fifa for spending shit loads on average players.

Rome wasn't built in a day mate, I suggest you have some patience.

Lacking match fitness or fatigue, whatever it's the same thing - making excuses for the manager. I would be more than willing to be patient if there was any improvement in our big game performances or tactics but we've seen absolutely none (don't think Rome showed so little improvement after so much time and investment, do you?) We have no chance of winning the CL at this rate and will no doubt gift Tottenham a goal or five in the COC final. Oh and sorry for being disappointed when I see the likes of Courtois, Matic, Hazard, Fabregas and Costa in our line-up and yet still see us play with more fear and just as basic tactics against the big teams as lower league clubs show.

Edited by The Chels