The Mourinho Thread

We are going to go into meltdown tactics. 3-5-2 with Remy and Costa or Costa and Hazard as a false 9.

Courtois

Cahill Zouma Terry

Azpi Ake Cesc Oscar Willian

Hazard Costa

Hell, we might well be better off with Hazard F-9 and Remy up front, Tottenham is not an expendable game for Costa to get his form back, not now. We need Hazard's foulling ability to pull us up the field, everybody has to track back like hell. Our bench will be a wreck. Shit, we'll only have 1 CB backup.

Bench: Cech, Iva, Christensen, Ramires, RLC, Cuadrado, Remy/Costa

Packing the mid will be the only way we'll get out of this alive, but to tell the truth, I'll be very surprised if Mou doesn't change his formation and risk a shaky Cesc-Ramires pivot.

You have a lot of fantasy, but Mou will never play like that.

I don't know which game guys here have been watching, SMH. Chelsea was in full control of the game. We weren't sitting back, ffs ... the second goal was a matter of time. What the fuck are you guys talking about...Jesus.. give us a fucking break here

We went for the goal throughout the 2nd half. People just find strange reasons to attack Mourinho

There's a line the size of a cruiser between fair criticism towards players and manager and the spoiled moaning from people that love to criticize. I don't know what's rational, fair, and so special in the arguments and reasonings a few have going on here like a broken record (thankfully they're only a few, otherwise I would have stopped coming here a long time ago, there's so many people I can have on my ignore list). They worship other managers and players - that make mistakes and have bad matches as anyone else, but they ignore completely when those teams and managers do badly. They also overly criticize Mourinho and Chelsea when things are bad or not ideal, but guess what? They take disappearing tea when things are well. This is not a case of greener grass, but downright unhappiness, bitterness and crankiness. Someone could defend them and say they're the kind of people that are perfectionists, that demand and expect a lot from others - be it the team, the manager, the board, the club. But some aren't anything else but narcissists that want to be proven right - even if it means the team's pitfall while others are just grumpy.

Now, when people that can say the difference between fair criticism and bratty endless complaining have something to say, I'm sure most people won't react as if they were spoiled bitches and call them on their moaning because then it won't be moaning, but criticism.

The team should have expanded the lead before the Matic episode, regardless of how awful the officiating have been and how it had clearly harmed us in the end. You could see the team was trying, they weren't complacent and lacking interest like we did some times last season. It's just that we didn't do it. Burnley played well against a few big teams, they were lucky today, had the referee favor, and we weren't clinical when we should have. That's what leads are for, for when matches get complicated and you just can't get the result, you still continue ahead. No team is going to win 100% of their points til the end of the season despite some here believing City, Aguero, Simeone, Atletico, Coutinho, etc are perfect and never fail, despite what their positions in the table say. Poor unlucky souls, they aren't leading their leagues, but awful bastards such as Mourinho, Costa, Fabregas, Chelsea are. This world is so unfair.

Meh, it's more of a pisstake at those who seem to be offended at any perceived slight/criticism. Rational supporters seemingly can't make any criticism of the manager, player performances, tactics etc without being shouted down or being called names.

Stop moaning :Goober:

I said in the match thread that a win against Spurs would be a huge mental boost but not only. It would bring Mou confidence back in him after the FA crap all season. And 2 years without trophy it must be a big pressure for a manager of his caliber.

Maybe it's a Mickey Mouse trophy but I really want to win in cause it could be vital.

I said in the match thread that a win against Spurs would be a huge mental boost but not only. It would bring Mou confidence back in him after the FA crap all season. And 2 years without trophy it must be a big pressure for a manager of his caliber.

Maybe it's a Mickey Mouse trophy but I really want to win in cause it could be vital.

the problem is if we don't win... and I guess it's a 50/50

Hopefully we'll win, but the team have been having too many ups and downs. The key players aren't doing well or deciding and we just lost one for the final.

Here's hoping for an Iva winner. Or Terry. Or anyone actually, but I feel like if anyone was going to get us the winner would be one of those guys.

Just remembered that's the same pivot we used against Bradford lol. It's no wonder we couldn't hang on today when it was that duo playing together again.

that's my concern to the final and the match against West Ham - and reason why I keep saying instead of addressing CAMs and wingers we should be addressing our pivot backup players.

Who can we play? Even if we move Cesc to the CAM position, who's going to play alongside Ramires? Mikel may be as good as gone imo, but at least he could have done a defensively job for the most part. Now what are we supposed to do?

Some said getting one of the defenders. I've watched Luís playing a few times, it wasn't Luiz's level, but maybe the kind of protection Cesc+Ramires could use. Just have a triple pivot and see how we cope. It could be Ake as well, but is he ready to play a final, a derby nonetheless when the club, the manager and the players have a lot of pressure to win?

I was amazed that Branislav didn't get sent off as well so he would also be banned for the final..

I'm so upset and angry I can't get over it, why do they have to screw us?? If he had only given just one penalty, that would have been three points?? :(

I was so happy start of the game I predicted branislav to score first I was screaming with joy couldn't believe how bad it would then get and I just love how Sky are such ***** they put it on game of the day??

and with mikel no?

yeah, I know what you're saying ... but Rambo has been terrible this season and the idea of him and Cesc <_< .. can't see nothing good coming out of it

that's my concern to the final and the match against West Ham - and reason why I keep saying instead of addressing CAMs and wingers we should be addressing our pivot backup players. Who can we play? Even if we move Cesc to the CAM position, who's going to play alongside Ramires? Mikel may be as good as gone imo, but at least he could have done a defensively job for the most part. Now what are we supposed to do? Some said getting one of the defenders. I've watched Luís playing a few times, it wasn't Luiz's level, but maybe the kind of protection Cesc+Ramires could use. Just have a triple pivot and see how we cope. It could be Ake as well, but is he ready to play a final, a derby nonetheless when the club, the manager and the players have a lot of pressure to win?

We are definitely very light in the DM position and I think that might have been an oversight by the club. Hmm Mourinho hasn't really trusted Luis much in his best position so I don't think he will play him at DM. I actually think it will be Cahill next to Ramires since he did play there for a short while against City, and Jose did sometimes use Pepe in the midfield against Barca. I would rather see the Luiz-Lampard duo from last year than that though!

We are going to go into meltdown tactics. 3-5-2 with Remy and Costa or Costa and Hazard as a false 9.

Courtois

Cahill Zouma Terry

Azpi Ake Cesc Oscar Willian

Hazard Costa

Hell, we might well be better off with Hazard F-9 and Remy up front, Tottenham is not an expendable game for Costa to get his form back, not now. We need Hazard's foulling ability to pull us up the field, everybody has to track back like hell. Our bench will be a wreck. Shit, we'll only have 1 CB backup.

Bench: Cech, Iva, Christensen, Ramires, RLC, Cuadrado, Remy/Costa

Packing the mid will be the only way we'll get out of this alive, but to tell the truth, I'll be very surprised if Mou doesn't change his formation and risk a shaky Cesc-Ramires pivot.

The sanction of Matic is like a kick in our mouth. I think he is totally irreplaceable. But now we start thinking like replace him.

I think that although it sounds crazy, Ruben Loftus-Cheek's the only chance we have on the bench to replace Matic. I do not know how, maybe with a defense of 5 with three Centre-back and playing with Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Ramires - Fabregas.

Ramires is impossible to occupy as much space as it does Matic. Therefore, Ramires

need another midfielder with him. With Mikel injured, I think the ideal would Loftus Cheek to mate with Ramires player. Maybe Nathan Ake has characteristics similar to Ramires (although Ake can better distribute the ball).

I think Ramires - Fabregas - Willian would be too risky. Maybe Willian in the left side with Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Fabregas in the center would be a good option.

The finals maybe are not good day to do experiments.

But it is also true that maybe placing Ruben Loftus-Cheek may be our best option, an unexpected choice that may surprise our opponents.

The sanction to Matic leaves little margin for reaction. Mikel is injured ... Wow! Damned red card!

Another option would be that pose last year Jose against Atletico de Madrid when Jose put Azpilicueta ahead of Ivanovic on the right side. Maybe this year Jose place Luis Filipe on the left side ahead of Azpilicueta.

There are many possibilities, but none as Matic.

The main objective for us must be given full freedom of movement for Fabregas. Fabregas need more freedom. No having to worry about nothing more than create football.

Option 1.

Courtois

Zouma John Terry

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Ramires Loftus-Cheek

Willian Filipe Luis

Fabregas (False position)

Diego Costa Hazard

In defense.

Courtois

Zouma John Terry Azpilicueta

(As false Centre-Back)

Ivanovic Filipe Luis

Willian Ramires Loftus-Cheek

I think with Filipe Luis in the starting eleven we can take the risk of putting Ruben Loftus-Cheek as midfield, despite being a final.

I believe that placing Ramires and Fabregas alone in midfield could be too risky.

If Mikel does not recover for next Sunday Ruben Loftus-Cheek or Nathan Ake must be our starting eleven. True, it is risky to play with young boys a final, but it is also true that it would be very risky to change our usual game, where the position Matic is always present. We need a player with those specific characteristics.

I hope your comments.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

You are missing the point. No one is talking about going gungho especially when ahead by two goals. I used Man city as reference because they manage the game much better than us ,and bar one or two games this season, they rarely lose or draw from a wining position because of it. How many points have we dropped this season from a winning position? quite a lot is the answer. which would suggest that our way isn't working. if you keep losing leads then you need to rethink your strategy.

Fair enough, although I don't think this team are equipped to go for it and risk the counter, it's catch 22 at the moment as I believe the squad is still evolving one way or another, im sure our activity in the summer will help like we fixed the majir issues last.