The Mourinho Thread

When is he going to learn that defending isn't the best form of attack. He needs to learn and coach better time and game management to this team. sitting back deep to defend isn't going to cut it as it's a strategy that has backfired on us throughout the season. Man city for example wouldn't have retreated into their shell like a pussy if they were in a similar position. In fact they thoroughly outplayed us at the etihad with 10 men.

Your right about City.

They were 2 up vs Burnley went for more and drew, there's no right and wrong when defending a lead.

So jose should bring on willian when defending a 1-0 lead or should he substitute cech for courtois when chasing a game to be "unpredictable".

The amount of nonsensical dribble that is written on this forum after a poor day is just @#$@@$

I mean we were a goal up. We were denied 2 fucking stone wall penalties. Barnes should have atleast been red carded too for once his tackle on zouma and then iva.

We were a man down, defending a 1-0 lead with our only recongnised DM in the natch day squad red carded. What , in the name of lucifer, was jose supposed to do?

Keep cesc on the pitch as a DM? Play oscar as a DM? what difference would bringing remy on have made when we hardly had the ball. Our only hope was to bisect the mid and go long. Dont people remember the newcastle game.

This blame game on jose is getting beyond ridiculous now. That too from the fans of the club that he manages, the club which is atleast 5 points top of the table, final of league cup and with in an awesome position in CL.

Un fucking believable.

Should they be held as an example?

They are an example when bashing Mourinho but when their failings are pointed out, it's time to shift the goalposts. This is the little game we play in The Mourinho Thread on Talkchelsea.

Your right about City.

They were 2 up vs Burnley went for more and drew, there's no right and wrong when defending a lead.

You are missing the point. No one is talking about going gungho especially when ahead by two goals. I used Man city as reference because they manage the game much better than us ,and bar one or two games this season, they rarely lose or draw from a wining position because of it. How many points have we dropped this season from a winning position? quite a lot is the answer. which would suggest that our way isn't working. if you keep losing leads then you need to rethink your strategy.

I think the press make a lot of money when Mourinho makes controversial comments, so they keep costing us matches. He should just shrug it off with little comments as possible. Give the press and fa no headlines, bore them to death

They are an example when bashing Mourinho but when their failings are pointed out, it's time to shift the goalposts. This is the little game we play in The Mourinho Thread on Talkchelsea.

Preach.

Dropped points from a winning position against Everton. Dropped points from a winning position against Burnley. Surrendered a 2 goal lead against Sunderland and needed a last min goal from a 36 yr. Lost by 2 goals against Arsenal. Would have lost at home to Hull were if not for a last min free kick....

I gladly welcome measured arguments about Mourinho's tactics, but if some on here are actually positioning City as a reference point then quite frankly they are far and beyond devoid of rational thought.

That's a fair point but Courtois, Luis and Costa certainly knew how to do it last year. Jose ought to ask them for advice already. I've lost count of the number of times we've thrown away a 1-0 this season.

Trying hard to be funny but ironically true statements xD.

Meh, it's more of a pisstake at those who seem to be offended at any perceived slight/criticism. Rational supporters seemingly can't make any criticism of the manager, player performances, tactics etc without being shouted down or being called names.

Liverpool?Unless count Everton but that wasnt exactly for long late goal and all

That's the last one before Everton but Henderson did miss a sitter after we took the lead. Another question: (apart from Everton) when was the last time we convincingly held on to a 1-0? Not including 2-0s or 3-0s etc. just 1-0s where we've taken the lead and don't get another goal. We used to do it all the time but I honestly can't remember any from this season.

Jose now has the biggest challenge of his career.

Jose has a team which has played like angels at the beginning of the season.

Jose has cause a reaction in our players. They are in a state of SHOCK. Fabregas is totally disoriented. Diego Costa is obsessed with the umpires. And the team does not circulate the ball fast as they were doing at the beginning of the season.

We have one of the top three teams in the world, we have everything to win all the titles we have left, but our fuel is exhausted. Now more than ever we need the power of motivation that only has Jose.

We are playing with fire.

I trust that our stumbling today will help us to rethink our situation and begin to reverse this negative trend. This setback may be a slap in our face that makes us react.

I see our team tired, very anxious and lacking in ideas.

I think that only Jose can change this trend.

Regards to ALL.

We are going to go into meltdown tactics. 3-5-2 with Remy and Costa or Costa and Hazard as a false 9.

Courtois

Cahill Zouma Terry

Azpi Ake Cesc Oscar Willian

Hazard Costa

Hell, we might well be better off with Hazard F-9 and Remy up front, Tottenham is not an expendable game for Costa to get his form back, not now. We need Hazard's foulling ability to pull us up the field, everybody has to track back like hell. Our bench will be a wreck. Shit, we'll only have 1 CB backup.

Bench: Cech, Iva, Christensen, Ramires, RLC, Cuadrado, Remy/Costa

Packing the mid will be the only way we'll get out of this alive, but to tell the truth, I'll be very surprised if Mou doesn't change his formation and risk a shaky Cesc-Ramires pivot.