The Mourinho Thread

After a defeat we see lots of weird things here trying to explain why we lost, from the use of one single youngster to the lack of Matic in the midfield.

Mourinho should get criticism when he deserves to. Last season his work was average at best but he received few criticism. As someone said, last season the victories against PSG, Liverpool and City were 100% attributed to Jose's tactics. When the team lost at home 3-1 to Atletico in a UCL semi there were even people saying Madrid's squad was way stronger than ours...

Having said that, I don't get why someone would criticize Mourinho after a FA Cup game, when the team is 5 points clear in top of PL, and during a season that we can really see us winning UCL. Perhaps I'm wrong, but imo this team can beat Bayern, Real or Barcelona.

I don't know what you guys think, but for me the season would be a failure if at the end of it, all we got is a Cup trophy, because we all know this team is supposed to do a lot more.

Until now, Mourinho's jobs this season has been correct. its also really good for my taste that people are talking more about Costa, Fabregas and Hazard than how genius Mourinho is, because at the end of the day we know that the real stars are on the pitch.

The only complain I have about Mourinho until now is that he failed to improve our defense. I don't how who is fooling when keeps saying our back four are amazing and Terry is as good as in 2005. it seems he really believe all defensive problems relied on Luiz.

which one mate?

maybe slump was the wrong word. "rut" would be more apt. we are in a rut. we have no consistency. over the last 3 matches we have ranged from exqusite (swansea), to poor (pool) to absolutely horrendous (bradford). the match before that (newcastle) we were awful in the first half and deserved to be losing 2-0 and then had an awesome second half.

we are giving away leads (something unheard of in any jose team). its time we went back to basic (starting tonight) and put in solid performancs.

After a defeat we see lots of weird things here trying to explain why we lost, from the use of one single youngster to the lack of Matic in the midfield.

Mourinho should get criticism when he deserves to. Last season his work was average at best but he received few criticism. As someone said, last season the victories against PSG, Liverpool and City were 100% attributed to Jose's tactics. When the team lost at home 3-1 to Atletico in a UCL semi there were even people saying Madrid's squad was way stronger than ours...

Having said that, I don't get why someone would criticize Mourinho after a FA Cup game, when the team is 5 points clear in top of PL, and during a season that we can really see us winning UCL. Perhaps I'm wrong, but imo this team can beat Bayern, Real or Barcelona.

I don't know what you guys think, but for me the season would be a failure if at the end of it, all we got is a Cup trophy, because we all know this team is supposed to do a lot more.

Until now, Mourinho's jobs this season has been correct. its also really good for my taste that people are talking more about Costa, Fabregas and Hazard than how genius Mourinho is, because at the end of the day we know that the real stars are on the pitch.

The only complain I have about Mourinho until now is that he failed to improve our defense. I don't how who is fooling when keeps saying our back four are amazing and Terry is as good as in 2005. it seems he really believe all defensive problems relied on Luiz.

Terry is not a weak link in our defence, though. Our left side is solid. The problem is that Ivanovic does simply not defend and Cahill is inadequate. Zouma looks like a stronger defender already, tbh.

He was right to get rid of Luiz. You cannot criticise him for this, that was just about enough to pay for both Diego and Cesc, arguably 2 of the best signings this season.

Kind of like it like this, last few weeks look like he has been bored because nothing controversial has been going on so start with silly comments about fans...etc. His interview was calm as well, very good to see. Oh and that passion at the end :)