The Mourinho Thread

That's just my opinion , an opinion the owner of the club also shares. No need to get defensive like a little bitch. If you like the way we played in the 2nd half, that's fine by me. Let's pretend we never play that way and it's only an oddity or anomaly because Costa and Fabregas were not there. Those two were there at the Etihad and what happened exactly? We played like dinosaurs, defending for 90 mins, like a pub side. The investment isn't matching the football.

If we don't win the league or CL this season, he'll be gone, whether you like it or not.

. How do you know what Roman thinks?

Sometimes pragmatism is the wisest course. I got hammered on here when I said a draw would do after. 20minutes ..The result

was Excellent for us .Why do you think our enemies are so bitter .i T. WAs JOB DONE

Let's pretend we never play that way and it's only an oddity or anomaly because Costa and Fabregas were not there. Those two were there at the Etihad and what happened exactly? We played like dinosaurs, defending for 90 mins, like a pub side. The

Have to agree with this. There does always seem to be a lot of excuses for Jose's big-game tactics when we don't win. Today it's fatigue/injuries and against City away it was 'a point is a good result here, Schurrle's fault we didn't win'. I remember Jose got plenty of praise on here after the Atletico 0-0 away result last season with a lot of attempts at justifying his set-up (e.g. Hazard was injured) even though playing for no away goals would inevitably prove costly. If you take today's game in isolation then the poor performance can be justified but when you look at all our big games together and see that this kind of performance happens often (although usually it tends to be away from home) then I don't buy that there always happens to be convenient excuses.

But what kind of fan/supporter are you ? The rules are to get behind the managers whatever the circumstances are, not to wish him to go out if he ends trophyless, the problem of nowadays is that no body can put himself in the manager's place and take the day by day decisions José is having, it isnt Football Manager 2015, the investement is totally matching the results, the football is also very good, and its not two or three defending halves against City that will change the fact that we are arguably the best team in England, and the one with the most chances of winning more than one trophy at the end of the season.

I never said I wished for him to be sacked. I said if he doesn't win either the PL or CL, then he'll be sacked.

Myth. The football is only good in spurts and it's only good vs teams we are so vastly to superior to, so we play with more freedom and less restriction from the manager. We've arguably played more poor football than good football this season. There have been quite a few games this season were we have had 0 to 1 shot on target for the whole of 90 mins.

Look at that 2nd half in particular and compare it to the 1st. We at least tried to attack them and when we did, we scored. In the 2nd half, you expect the manager to have some tactical output on the way his team approaches it. Instead, what we got was Mourinho's tactical input having a negative impact on our play. Courtois was no longer going short, our defense was no longer trying to play from the back. Now it was only hopeless long balls to nobody in particular, trying to play on the counter which as to be expected, NEVER materialized.

Again, Mourinho had a negative impact on the way we went about the 2nd half. We settled for either a draw or loss. We were never going to win unless we got incredibly lucky.

nothing better he could do today... what u want him? to start with RLC and ake? cammon.

Agree, just look at the bench. Mikel, Fabregas, Luis injured, Costa suspended, Schurrle and Salah has their own business, Cuadrado watching from VIP box undetected by media. This Jose tactic could has been expected by even a fool like Pellegrini.

. How do you know what Roman thinks?

Sometimes pragmatism is the wisest course. I got hammered on here when I said a draw would do after. 20minutes ..The result

was Excellent for us .Why do you think our enemies are so bitter .i T. WAs JOB DONE

It's widely reported, just the same way it's widely reported he craved the Champions League more than any other. It also matches with the profile of players we've bought ever since we won the Champions League. Technical players ahead of workman like, mechanical types. Everybody wants to see good football, but you're right we can't expect it every game. Fair enough. But from minute 1 of the 2nd half? Why not at least play for say, the first 20 mins of the 2nd half till minute 65 and then if we haven't scored and the fatigue is kicking in, then just pack it up and try and hold on.

And the excellent result is WINNING not holding on for draws at home for 45 mins.

Sometimes I just wonder if some of you lots here want Wenger to be our manager, just go gung-ho in basically every match regardless of the circumstances.

There is a middle ground. Wenger's taken 4/6 points against City this season, 2 more than us, so I don't think he should be used as a bad example here.

There is a middle ground. Wenger's taken 4/6 points against City this season, 2 more than us, so I don't think he should be used as a bad example here.

That's only this season. If you look at the bigger picture, over the last 5-6 years, how many points have Arsenal taken against the big boys? How many times have they suffered embarrassing defeats?