The Mourinho Thread

Some players are clearly not good enough, but the only excuse I can think of for a player like Salah playing so badly vs teams like Shrewsbury and Bradford is lack of confidence and game time. It's unreasonable to expect someone to play once in 2 months and play at a high level.

Zouma might be an exception, but not everyone can be like him.

The most interesting stat for Salah: He has been in the matchday squad only 9 out of 22 EPL games this season...and he's played only 33 minutes of football

Last season, after the 6-0 thrashing of Arsenal, he was involved in every EPL game..

The only people clamoring for Cech's returns are his fan boys. Majority probably prefers Cech to leave instead of returning to no1. No need to generalise it mate.

Im not generalising, im not saying every one does of course not, but in a combination of here, facebook (people on my friends list not in groups) and real life a lot have said Cech should return.

‘I find among my bad feelings about the game and the result, space to feel happy for Bradford,’ said Mourinho when it was time to talk to the media.

‘But I also feel ashamed and the players should feel exactly the same as I feel. By one side this is the beauty of football, because in not many sports is it possible for the best players to lose against a team or players with completely different potential.

By another side this is the beauty of the FA Cup because it happens in this more than in other countries, but this is only one part of my feelings and analysis. For the other part I repeat the words I used yesterday in the case that we lose, that it is a disgrace – a sports disgrace.’

‘I know that in the history of this competition this happens to every team now and again. For me it is the first time, for Chelsea it doesn’t happen a lot, and it is unacceptable to lose against a team from a lower league.

‘I don’t know what the media are going to do in relation to their work but if I was them I would be very critical of Chelsea, the Chelsea manager and the Chelsea players but not just that, because Bradford don’t deserve that we forgot them and just focus on the negative Chelsea. We should also focus on them because they deserve it after such an impressive result.’

‘What I did is normal. The players who played are not a team of kids and the selection was more than good enough.

‘The only player who comes from youth football, Andreas Christensen, did his job very well and we didn’t lose because of him. The other players are ones who have to be ready to play for Chelsea, they have to be ready to play any game. If they can’t play against a team from the Championship or League One or League Two, what do we do?’

‘I always said that I don’t choose competitions and we go match after match. The most important competition now is the Capital One Cup because it is the next game. Obviously the Premier League is in front of the cups but the way we prepare in a serious and a professional way, I can’t say we don’t care about the FA Cup. We lose and we care.

‘The players who were not involved directly in this game – Matic, Ivanovic, Diego Costa - I don’t think they can be affected by it. We lost at home against a lower division team and in an ideal word it will affect us in a positive not a negative way, like we have to win the next match and let’s go for it - but I don’t know. I have to feel it tomorrow and after tomorrow.’

My stupid feeling keep telling me Jose planned for this, to have the bounce back result for Pool game, and for the long term to focus more in PL.

If I were Brendan Rodgers, I don't want Chelsea losing against Bradford, right before Chelsea facing my team.

^^ well, as it normally happens - I completely agree with Mourinho on basically everything.

We didn't lose because of Christensen, those players should get the job done against a third division team, no matter how long they haven't started a match and it's embarrassing.

Hopefully it will help the team in the long term, but we seriously need more players from the same profile we had in 2004... we do have a bunch of bottlers among a few warriors - and it concerns me.

I've came from very unhappy with Mourinho lately to understanding more why he's been so keen to the same selection over and and some tactics. The awful truth is this team while very technical, with some very skillful and talented players has many players that aren't born winners... it shows.

My stupid feeling keep telling me Jose planned for this, to have the bounce back result for Pool game, and for the long term to focus more in PL.

If I were Brendan Rodgers, I don't want Chelsea losing against Bradford, right before Chelsea facing my team.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST ALERT!!!

^^ well, as it normally happens - I completely agree with Mourinho on basically everything.

We didn't lose because of Christensen, those players should get the job done against a third division team, no matter how long they haven't started a match and it's embarrassing.

Hopefully it will help the team in the long term, but we seriously need more players from the same profile we had in 2004... we do have a bunch of bottlers among a few warriors - and it concerns me.

I've came from very unhappy with Mourinho lately to understanding more why he's been so keen to the same selection over and and some tactics. The awful truth is this team while very technical, with some very skillful and talented players has many players that aren't born winners... it shows.

I agree.This result today can only be a mental thing. You can't lose a two goal lead just because a player is tired or some other player didn't track back etc. Without watching the game one can only blame the team's mindset for such a result. Unfortunately it's a bigger problem than what it seams at first and it's worrying.

Also the fact that the "biggest shock in FA cup" was never televised is beyond be. What's more sick though is that it was actually possible to vote for a match you never saw! :doh: . But anyway, I guess that's better for us eventually.

Some of the comments on here are sad. A bad result will bring negative emotions and perspectives, some people need to learn to control themselves, because its embarassing at times. In a few weeks when we're still on top this will be forgotten. As fans we have had a magic season, hardly gets any better, yet a bad result people are reacting unbelievably negative. Chins up and move on!

KTBFFH

Best defense my foot. Madrid and Barcelona attack far more than we do and their so called rubbish defenders get isolated one on one against almost all their opponents they face but they handle it.

Our so called best defense has finally played in a Chelsea side which attacks more than the previous ones and they can't handle any pressure unless we park the bus. Bullshit defense.

They can't handle any pressure even when we park the bus. how many times this season we have scored a goal, then went to park the bus mode but conceded a goal?!! our main problem is that we have pathetic defenders in Cahill and Ivanovic and they should be dropped but our coach never takes any proper action and they are both untouchable for our clueless coach. Hopefully next season we will have new manager with new ideas with new centre backs and Azpili as our right back.

They can't handle any pressure even when we park the bus. how many times this season we have scored a goal, then went to park the bus mode but conceded a goal?!! our main problem is that we have pathetic defenders in Cahill and Ivanovic and they should be dropped but our coach never takes any proper action and they are both untouchable for our clueless coach. Hopefully next season we will have new manager with new ideas with new centre backs and Azpili as our right back.

We have conceded 11 goals in january and the month is not yet over. Wtf

Just terrible, I keep on watching us and realizing how bad our defenders are at man to man defending. They have got so used to parking the bus for years and they now don't know what to do when they get isolated once in a while this season because of our more attacking approach.

@optajoe

12 Most goals conceded in 2015 (all comps): Burnley 12 Swansea 12 Spurs 11 Millwall 11 Chelsea 10 Blackpool 10. Porous.

Blackpool only got the mention there because they shipped in 7 against Watford yesterday. :lol:

That stat can give the wrong impression to people really.

Jose trying to shake hands before the final whistle and getting blanked yet again :lol:

https://vine.co/v/OTzvWDWB2Zx

‘He [Mourinho] came over to shake hands but at that point there was still three-and-a-half minutes left and I wasn’t getting drawn into that,’ Parkinson said.

‘You know that if Chelsea got one [goal] back even at that late stage, and with their world class players on the pitch, they could easily have got a second [goal] so we wanted to concentrate on what we had to do and see the game through.

Take the hint, Jose, and shake hands at the end like everybody else. Stop embarrassing yourself, man. :lol:

Jose trying to shake hands before the final whistle and getting blanked yet again :lol:

https://vine.co/v/OTzvWDWB2Zx

Take the hint, Jose, and shake hands at the end like everybody else. Stop embarrassing yourself, man. :lol:

You can't blame the man for being consistent, even when we're losing. :P