The Mourinho Thread

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Before or after fair enough.

During (the game) I hope theirs only one manager getting his name sung and that's the Italian trying to win us the three points.

I can't deny that everyone making this point is absolutely correct. I just doubt that's how it will be.

If the Chels-Fans want to keep theyr dignity and respect towards Mou...:

- applaude him when he leaves the dog out... sing his name untill the kick off if you want...

- from sec. 00.000001 onwards chant Contes name and sing our songs...

- after the Game is over, and Mou shows his respect towards fans you can give him a warm applause for a good bye....

anything else will make us look like jokes... like when he played against us with Inter...

Are you really gonna chant his name when he returns to play us?

The obsession for this man is truly bizarre. He's United, deal with it

A self- called 'superfan' like TOPTB would have destroyed you for this post. :-D

2 hours ago, Weckerz said:

Are you really gonna chant his name when he returns to play us?

The obsession for this man is truly bizarre. He's United, deal with it

Absolutely 100% yes, I am going to chant his name.

Did we chant SFL's name before kick off vs City season before last? Did we* continue to do so throughout the time he watched from the bench? Did we do so again, but louder, when he came on and did we even cheer him after he scored an equaliser which, for all we knew at the time, might have cost us the title? Absolutely 100% we did, yes. And quite rightly so. Frank is a legend, Jose is a legend. Along with many others, they deserve an ovation whenever they return and they will get one.

I simply do not understand this black & white, 2D view that you recommend. You get a much clearer, more informative and more interesting look at things when viewed in 3D with colour. Stamford Bridge is going to do that, Jose's name will be sung and you are going to have to deal with that.

*I say 'we' in a collective sense but I don't go to away games so I was not there personally on that day.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Absolutely 100% yes.

Did we chant SFL's name before kick off vs City season before last? Did we* continue to do so throughout the time he watched from the bench? Did we do so again, but louder, when he came on and did we even cheer him after he scored an equaliser which, for all we knew at the time, might have cost us the title? Absolutely 100% we did, yes. And quite rightly so. Frank is a legend, Jose is a legend. Along with many others, they deserve an ovation whenever they return and they will get one.

I simply do not understand this black & white, 2D view that you recommend. You get a much clearer, more informative and more interesting look at things when viewed in 3D with colour. Stamford Bridge are going to do that, Jose's name will be sung and you are going to have to deal with that.

Lol mate, I'll deal with it, it doesn't affect me in the slightest. There's a difference in regarding someone as a club legend though and cheering on a rival club's manager when he's trying to take points off this team. But whatever floats your* boat.

Mourinho:

'My experience does not allow me to be naive, i was in Spain for two years, where the champion would be me or him.

'There, individual battles make more sense because they can affect the outcome (of the title race). If in the Premier League I were to focus on him and Manchester City and he were to focus on me and Manchester United, someone else would be champion.'

'The level of the Premier League is going to get better with the players and coaches who will come.

'Four champions in four years shows how competitive it is, and also says a lot about the television rights and its distribution, which will allow the growth of the league and all its teams.

'It is different to other leagues where the sharks will always be sharks.'

Intelligent, as always. :)

45 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

There's a difference in regarding someone as a club legend though and cheering on a rival club's manager when he's trying to take points off this team.

No there isn't.

Meanwhile, if we were into floating boats, I and people who see things my way would need a fleet of cruise liners to take to the waters.

8 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Yeah chant his name the moment United scores a late winner against us and he runs down the touchline to their fans.

If it suits you.

Because that's what he's going to do.

What sort of fan are you then mate, a) thinking Utd will turn us over and B ) thinking that our ex gaffer would do that to us despite the history we would have. No other manager has ever done that to an ex club, ask Big Sam for example.

So yeah, I will suit myself. I won't forget how divisive the decision was, but the matchgoers in the pubs around the Broadway as a collective deemed a positive judgement on him, and we all stuck together and belted his name out against Sunderland. Just like we did to force the board's hand and give JT a new contract.

3 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Because that's what he's going to do.

What sort of fan are you then mate, a) thinking Utd will turn us over and B ) thinking that our ex gaffer would do that to us despite the history we would have. No other manager has ever done that to an ex club, ask Big Sam for example.

So yeah, I will suit myself.

It's bound to happen because the guy is gunning for blood. He will do everything to prove Abramobich was wrong and he's not gonna be a nice Mourinho.

So what, when United fans start chanting "Jose Mourinho" you're gonna respond with the same even though it will be a game against a rival who wants to take points off us?

I just don't get it. Sorry but that's it.

Just now, Ledgi said:

It's bound to happen because the guy is gunning for blood. He will do everything to prove Abramobich was wrong and he's not gonna be a nice Mourinho.

So what, when United fans start chanting "Jose Mourinho" you're gonna respond with the same even though it will be a game against a rival who wants to take points off us?

I just don't get it. Sorry but that's it.

Will he? He knows the fans were with him until the end. The fans knew he was prepared to lead until the end. There was a mutual understanding.

Abramovich doesn't order decisions by himself - the board can and did decide to force him out by themselves.

I guarantee Jose will show us the utmost respect. He isn't the little boy we employed way back in 2004.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Wonder how many would cheer Hazard if he would go to a rival and score against us :rolleyes: Even though he is quite far from legend status.

Noone, probably. What are you implying?