The Mourinho Thread

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

While I don't deny he has always had some sort of attraction to the United job, their isn't one shred of evidence he actually wanted that over a return here.

WHS confirmed in I think late January/early February the deal for him to come back was done and Rafa has since confirmed he knew Jose was returning to Chelsea when he had that meltdown after the Boro game, which was late February/early March, which alone shows up that Diego Torres to be a liar.

Also he didn't mean the three years here, he meant the last three years for United.

He probably didn't know Fergie was gonna retire 3 months later and wanted to secure a job early before we had a chance to look at anybody else.

:Goober:

On a serious note - you can clearly see he's trying too hard with his sentence about saying things in the past where his former employers were not happy about it. He'll be the corporate guy.. until the first meltdown ofc.

He's probably feeling more guilt towards us than excitement towards the United fans. He's fulfilling a dream he didn't even have anymore, to say 'Here you go' to his child-self still yearning for this United goal to be achieved. 

He said he had always "felt an affinity with Old Trafford" and claimed he has "always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans".

What, like when every time we've played them and they sing ''FUCK OFF MOURINHO, FUCK OFF MOURINHO'' <_<

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He said he had always "felt an affinity with Old Trafford" and claimed he has "always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans".

What, like when every time we've played them and they sing ''FUCK OFF MOURINHO, FUCK OFF MOURINHO'' <_<

Thats what their fans are like lol. Plastic, hate Mourinho then worship him.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Have a feeling he won't fail so badly over there (and even him failing means winning titles along the way). He treated Chelsea as his own, he was worshipped here and therefore was above everybody else, he got overly arrogant and confident and spinned out of control as a result. At United I think he will be more careful with everything he does or says and he knows he will have to win everybody over from scratch, including the fans and the ones in the board against his appointment. He will have learned from his mistakes (hopefully not) and will try to cater to their wishes. Being in the same city with Guardiola will give him a kick up his butt for sure. I have a feeling this is what will happen, I hope not of course.

Yeah, Utd is completely different. None of that greatest manager ever, god status and whatever. He'll never touch Ferguson.

Don't think the attitude will change though. Just look at Van Gaal. But I'm 100% sure the media will treat him differently now he's a Red.

There would be nothing more ironic than Willian leaving after being lauded by our dumb fans for his passion & loyalty while the much maligned Hazard stays despite being one of the few players in the world that can pretty much pick any club of his choosing.

19 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

There would be nothing more ironic than Willian leaving after being lauded by our dumb fans for his passion & loyalty while the much maligned Hazard stays despite being one of the few players in the world that can pretty much pick any club of his choosing.

why dumb?

31 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Unfortunately for you, I doubt Willian will leave. Conte will no way make it happen. Would be a ludicrous thing to do. But I remember thinking the same thing with Mata when Mourinho arrived. I would never have guessed he would of eventually leave to United so that proves anything can happen in football but Willian leaving? Nah.

And @Special Juan it is these sort of comments that caused me to tell him to :middlefinger: a fortnight ago. The way he talks about Willian and people who laud him really pisses me off.

4 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

We sold Mata, we'll probably sell Willian too if the price is right. Especially with the emergence of Musonda.

Come off it. Do you really think that is in our club's philosophy of thinking that way? That is what the likes of Ajax do, sell their best players and promote their youth. Musonda is more than 90% certain going to remain at Betis next season anyway. Even with Willian was to be sold, we would most likely buy another player with equivalent price range. Anyway, hopefully Conte has no intention of selling him, whatever the price. I am hopeful him and Hazard can wreak havoc next season.

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

That's your opinion, but i'm fed up with changing managers like some people change their pants. I think we had something really great and unique with Jose Mourinho.
Sure at that time emotions were running high, but with the transfer window coming up, we could have tried a different approach.
Sometimes it's worth it to stand side by side, but that's not the Chelsea way with Abramovich and Emenalo in charge. It's always the manager who is wrong, never the player(s).
I really do have deep regrets, but that's it, it's fucking over.

It's the same at every club, man.

I can't remember when a club sold all their players because they don't want to play for their manager anymore.

For that to happen you have to have the SAF influence in the club which no manger have in modern footblall.

Probably in Mourinho's head he have the biggest influence wherever he goes but his spells with us and Madrid showed different.

1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

So obvious he always wanted that job. You can also tell he's still pissed off with how it went at Chelsea the second time around and you can rest assured he will be gunning not just for Pep and Wenger but for us as well, possibly in a more personal way to prove a point. 

I remember when he signed to come back here and my dad said to me, 'this doesn't feel right, it isn't genuine, this will end in tears', he was right (annoyingly), I knew it myself but I didn't want to openly admit it until now. We were second choice, all the talk about the 'Happy One' was BS, he was the most grumpy SOB since he came back, and being 'One of Us', well that was just manipulation and spin. 

I was happy when he got sacked, I literally couldn't take any more of the post match press conferences, the picking of the same old tired, over the hill players, the excuses, the outright mental breakdowns after games. He went from box office to car crash tv since Madrid. Man Utd have their honeymoon period with Jose now, like we all did first and second time around, and while I wish him no ill at all, he's just a football manager at the end of the day, people say the board made some bad choices over the summer but Jose made rank bad choices week after week, after week, after week and that's been forgotten by some on here (although I think the Mourinho FC lot will be signing up to Redcafe soon).

It's all about us now, and Conte is the man, let's hope for a good summer window and a positive start to the season. The media wankfest will go on but let's for a change, hopefully, fly under the radar and make it a great bounceback season!

UP THE BLUES! KTBFFH!!

Spot on mate and I would like to add one more thing - Mourinho supposedly become unhappy because the board did not back him in the transfer market last summer. Something I can't agree with or deny because I don't know what's happened behind closed doors. But ok, let's say the board did not buy the players he wanted. Well, if he cared about this club as much as he said he cared, maybe for once in his life could have moved on and accept the situation. Instead he got grumpy and fucked our season big time, burned bridges with everyone at the club and got the sack he deserved. I don't want to come up with fucked up theories that he did it on purpose just to get the sack and go to United, knowing United are desperate to land him. No, but damn mate, it looks like that with every day going by. 

It's like something got into his brain the day the board told him that they can't afford to buy the players he wants and he chose to act like a spoilt brat. It's not like Chelsea didn't back him enough during all his years at the club. Mourinho is the manager that has spent the most money in the transfer market ever and he is millions short of reaching 1 BILLION Euros spent on players. Surely this summer he will reach that mark. 

And if you ask me the worst thing was this morning when he praised United with that bullshit talk, mystique, romance and shit like that. At least out of respect for those who were still chanting his name in December he could have spared the Chelsea fans from shit like that. This goes to show how sick he is and that one of the reasons why he took the United job is to get revenge on Abramovich & Chelsea. This is Mourinho, a vengeful, sick human being that puts himself above everything.