The Mourinho Thread

Filipe Luis mark II. The fact that Zouma was played at Right back when Jose's favourite son got hurt says it all.

What did it say? It seemed logical at the time because Baba was, and still is, adapting to the pace of the PL, so he continued with Azpilicueta on the left when Hazard was playing. Granted, Zouma turned out to be a flop in RB, but there's a reason why Baba did not immediately slot in.

Baba performed well in a couple of games and finally earned his chance with a start against Stoke. And then what happened? Lost his man for their goal, and did almost nothing to support the attack in that match.

That is true but if we really to rid ourselves of that reputation, then we need to do a lot better than just sticking with the manager till end of the season. Otherwise, sacking Mourinho next May (god I hope not because that would mean we stay rubbish till May) is not much of a difference to when we sack Ancelotti after one poor season.

I suppose so, but many will point to finishing outside 4th with Mourinho is a much more 'realistic' sackable offence than finishing 2nd under Ancelotti in 10/11. Maybe we're just aiming for 'realistic' sackings? Anyway, no one can argue against things being way worse under Mourinho now than things ever were under Carlo. I think the players always gave Carlo everything they could, it's just we had a very stagnant squad at the time.

Personally, I do not think we will ever get out of this rut while José is still here. I hope I am wrong, but he has driven us head-first into this. He created this storm with his team 'management' over the past 2 years. All of the players, bar Willian, seem mentally shackled. I don't think we'll ever see them perform like they did from August-December of last year while José is here - he has beaten the expression out of so many players and run them like dogs into the ground.

We can lead 4th place but we need new tactic and rebuild our mentality. And buy someone in January.

I don't think we'll ever see them perform like they did from August-December of last year while José is here - he has beaten the expression out of so many players and run them like dogs into the ground.

Exactly.

The Board has at last decided to back a manager. If it changes, we are sure not to get any consistency for over 5 years

Just our luck that they have decided to back the one manager who has shown he is incapable of planning for the long-term and is such a volatile character.

ON CURRENT FORM!!!! For people to think we can get top 4 need to get there head our there bum bum's, we will be lucky to get top 10

If we are to get near the top four we have to win all our games imo we have already lost 7 games so no more defeats and we may have a shot.

If we somehow manage to sign some big players in January we will have a great chance at getting top four.

But im really finding it hard atm to see us turning it around enough to get top four. my head is saying if we find some form we will get the area of 7th to 12th

To be honest I think in all the 7 defeats this season, during match thread, people who are here saying we played a good match yesteday were alwasy saying "brilliant football" before the opponent started scoring goals.

Football yesteday was pretty bad. For the 1st half the team played a decent football, but not for a team that is 16th in the table. Team lacked urgency and intensity, when you are in this situation you MUST win, its not like the team is sitting confortably on top of the word. Imagine you are playing a UCL semi-final, and just lost the first game and must win the match, thats not the kind of football you are expected to play.

Second half Stoke scored early. Team kept playing that lazy football, like they were winning the game. Only after 20 minutes into the second half, when Fabregas and Oscar, and later Remy, were introduced, the team started to really press Stoke, but anyone who can read the game understand the guys were playing with zero tactical plan.

What we saw was Fabregas, William and specially Hazard trying to save the game by their own. Team pressed the panic button, and adopted a high pressure defensive style and Stoke couldn't create anything. The team almost scored, but the best chances were created when the team were playing without tactics and discipline, it was just a bunch of good footballers trying to score a goal.

I asked myself why the team can't start the game doing high pressure and huge intensity. A team like Stoke would suffer a lot playing against a side playing like that. What we saw yesterday has been happening since 2013, team start slow, lacks intensity, and when realize they MUST score a goal there is no tactical plan at all, just pressing random button, think about that PSG game when Mourinho introduced Torres, Etoo, Ba at the same time, and few were created from that, but its not always that you get a lucky goal like that.

To be honest football from yesterday was pretty much the same as what we saw during many matches last season, but there is a big difference: last season the team was top of the league because of individual brilliance coming from attacking players, specially Hazard, who won at least 15 points by his own, but this season his football became pretty awful, despite what many people are saying, he was really really really nad yesterday. Yesterday he was actually trying and trying to do something, unlike other games were he was hidding, but at the end of the day he was creating few chances and making terrible decisions and killing attacking options, and was trying to play alone in the last minutes.

Perhaps people in this forum who are stunned about the current situation should go back in this thread, because since months ago many members here pointed about the problems in this teams, but many just dismissed those complains and were changing the name of this topic to "Moaning Thread", or pointing the team was top of the league.

Success is dangerous because it usually makes you hide your problems. For a long term success you must keep changing, but the moment the manager believes there is nothing to learn from others.

Critical but excellent. [emoji108]

Just our luck that they have decided to back the one manager who has shown he is incapable of planning for the long-term and is such a volatile character.

Who really is a long term manager these days? Klopp looked shot last season at Dortmund, Pep as good as admitted himself he isn't a long term manager and even Simeone is flaking a bit.

Gone are the days of a manager having a stint at a club like Rafa/Houllier at Liverpool or Carlo at Milan, never mind a Wenger/Fergie run at it.

Pochettino looks like he could be a long-term manager. Kane, Mason, Alli, Dier and Walker are all England internations that he has kept in the team and playing well, then there's Eriksen, Lamela, Dembele, Alderweireld and Lloris who are playing excellently and will most likely stay for a few years, provided they can get into the CL, which they most likely will this season as they are playing well. We need someone like him who will promote youth like RLC and get our struggling players to improve, get a good attacking style going and when we do buy players, make sure we can see them here for a few years and don't sell players we need.

Exactly. So all this dynasty talk and the 2-year extension is complete and utter bullshit. Mourinho of all people is the last person for this role.

There's no reason to stick with him now.

One would be the options available now, to what could potential be available at the end of the season. Right now there's Rodgers, Carlo, RDM, and even maybe Moyes (more of joke inclusion - haha) that are managers that be willing to join the club and might have an effect.

Not total great options, whereas if we stuck around till end of the season, we would have Pep, Simone, AVB, and plus a larger frame of time to talk to other options. We don't want to make a rash and rushed decision, to start yet another merryround of managerial faces come in and out. We need the youth to be invested into, a style of play, and a new 'life' within the club.

To me, I think Jose is the only person atm that give that.

Jose always does that, he allows the team to be more free flowing until we lose, remember all the interviews he gave saying he wanted us to playinga different style of football from previous sides he managed, he wanted our defenders to play higher up the pitch and for our forwards to press high. He then pussies out once we lose, it's really frustrating.

Indeed, I remember reading from someone how that's Mourinho genuine teams are.

It was the same at Inter, they was high scoring and flowing first half of the season and second he put on shackles.

It was the case last season, and I don't know how much of a negative effect that can have long term but I think this season is a clue.

So yes we can recover but we can easily have a lot more seasons like this with Mourinho because of his mentality towards the team he implements.