The Mourinho Thread

As I said in an earlier post, the debate is now closed, whatever the manager: there is no way now we can finish in the top 4.

All we can now hope for is to avoid relegation and humiliation in the CL.

Instead Jose and the players will be fully accountable for the outcomes.

Let's continue with the current manager and its team. Too late.

Chelsea has now nothing much more to loose. Would we be relegated or humiliated in the CL, all the blame will come on the manager and players.

As I said in an earlier post, the debate is now closed, whatever the manager: there is no way now we can finish in the top 4.

All we can now hope for is to avoid relegation and humiliation in the CL.

Instead Jose and the players will be fully accountable for the outcomes.

Let's continue with the current manager and its team. Too late.

Chelsea has now nothing much more to loose. Would we be relegated or humiliated in the CL, all the blame will come on the manager and players.

sounds like someone wants Chelsea players transferred elsewhere.

Because it allows the club to say "Oh look, we gave our manager who won the league last season the maximum amount of time to achieve the minimum objective". (I would also imagine it voids a massive chunk of Mourinho's pay-off)

I think it's more about the club not wanting to scare off the best replacement for Mourinho, not really about the CL. The fact he has lasted this long tells me the club are really trying to change their image about being trigger happy with managers.

That is true but if we really to rid ourselves of that reputation, then we need to do a lot better than just sticking with the manager till end of the season. Otherwise, sacking Mourinho next May (god I hope not because that would mean we stay rubbish till May) is not much of a difference to when we sack Ancelotti after one poor season.

Mou should now shut the f... up. I 've had enough of his rants and arrogance.

Let us now stick to this team and his manager. It is too late to change: forget top 4, forget CL. We must now try to avoid relegation.

Manager and players will all bear full responsibility for the outcome.

Big clean up will follow up.

The Board has at last decided to back a manager. If it changes, we are sure not to get any consistency for over 5 years

Yeah but tbh, who does have consistency? Wenger aside, who else is sticking around longer than 5 years lately? No clubs in the PL right now. Once Wenger goes that's it, even Arsenal will rotate managers on a 2-5 year basis.

I say this with the opinion of still wanting Mourinho here as well. But I'm not buying into this whole stability argument as a reason to keep him, I'm saying he's the best manager for us and that's why he should stay. Consistency means nothing if it's continuous failure.

Ten behind Spurs and six behind Liverpool, if we don't get top four chances are one of those two will, so we need to keep them two at a relative distance.

Liverpool just aren't that good (the fact they won at The Bridge says more about our current form then anything good about them) and Pochettino teams tend to burn out after February.

If (and I accept that's a massive if) we can sort ourselves out, top 4 isn't as impossible a task as I thought, just need to buck our ideas up come hell or high water, beating Norwich and somehow nicking it at WHL will be a good start.