Petr Cech

eldo

Cech just need a game time in any club and his place in NT won't even bothered. He could choose any London club and still get a called up, decent wage, etc. He should know Arsenal won't go far in CL either. So it means only one thing, the same reason why Frank joining City. To stop us and prove something :(

I can't see it being a case of wanting to stop us.Arsenal more likely to win trophies which every player wants to do and challenge for the league etc.likes of spurs,West ham etc won't so makes sense.

We've got the short end of the deal with little money for it but what can we do..what we do in the market and league what counts

I can't understand how people think Cech is staining his image. Or people upset he's joining Arsenal. He is a person, he enjoys London, as does his family. He didn't choose to be replaced, he needs to make a living, play and enjoy his last few years in the game. Fans would prefer he uproot his family or sit on the bench. He is a person, Chelsea have decided he is no longer good enough to start. He's not a slave.

Rightly or wrongly he will have put a little dent in his legacy, even subconsciously in some cases.

Ask Chelsea fans next season who's their favourite out off Drogba, Cech and Lamps and it will be interesting to see who would have formally said one of the latter two changes to Didier without even thinking.

You are delusional if you think he isn't staining his legacy by potentially spending the next 5 years at Arsenal! In 5 years time he could potentially become an Arsenal legend, your crazy if you think that will have no effect on his Chelsea legacy.

You may be right but I'll be sad if you are. Petr certainly won't damage his legacy in my eyes, no matter who he joins. If and when he returns to The Bridge I'll cheer him at the top of my voice and I'd bet a lot of money that I'll be in the majority. The large majority.

Dont worry Arsenal will never be a league winning side under Wenger even with Cech.

Cech is classy man and he pushed for this due to family reasons. Family comes first, everything else comes second. I would choose my family over the club 100%.

Only thing I would increase the amount to £18 as they are a direct rival.

Now that would be taking the piss laughingsmiley001.gif

You may be right but I'll be sad if you are. Petr certainly won't damage his legacy in my eyes, no matter who he joins. If and when he returns to The Bridge I'll cheer him at the top of my voice and I'd bet a lot of money that I'll be in the majority. The large majority.

yeah we're quite nice to our old lot.Lampard got a good ish reception.If they win however end probably be different lol

Just be so weird seeing him at arsenal

Rightly or wrongly he will have put a little dent in his legacy, even subconsciously in some cases.

Ask Chelsea fans next season who's their favourite out off Drogba, Cech and Lamps and it will be interesting to see who would have formally said one of the latter two changes to Didier without even thinking.

It doest matter for me. Cech deserve to pick any club that he want. Him wanting to stayed a year is more than enough to showed how much he respect the club.

Cech is on the verge of completing his move across London to Arsenal for a fee believed to be in the region of £11m. (Evening Standard) #CFC

Standard Sport understands that Cech's move is very close to completion but the clubs are yet to officially confirm the transfer. #CFC #AFC

Cech, who has told his Blues team-mates he is leaving for north London, will likely face #CFC in the Community Shield (Evening Standard)

Reports Arsenal have signed Cech are premature. Negotiations progressing but currently no deal in place. (via @bbcsport_david) #AFC #CFC

Chelsea getting £11m for Cech at 33 having paid €8m for Courtois. That's what you call succession planning.

While personal terms have effectively been agreed between Cech & #AFC, at around £100,000-a-week, talks continue over a fee. (Guardian) #CFC

Chelsea are seeking up to £15m for Petr Cech with Arsenal hoping to pay nearer £10m. #CFC #AFC (Guardian)

Cech may be followed to the Emirates by his goalkeeping coach, Christophe Lollichon (Guardian) #CFC #AFC :rant:

Mourinho already has Silvino Louro, one of his assistant first-team coaches, on his staff, though #CFC could recruit from outside (Guardian)

Chelsea had praised Cech’s professionalism last season but feared frustration would prompt him to request a move (Guardian) #CFC

Chelsea would have been more comfortable selling Cech abroad, particularly given Paris Saint-Germain had expressed interest (Guardian) #CFC

But Petr Cech is reluctant to uproot his family back to France where he had played at Rennes. #CFC #AFC #PSG (Guardian)

Cech made clear his priority was to remain in London further encouraging Arsenal’s conviction he will be secured this summer (Guardian) #CFC

Chelsea would have to enter the market to purchase a replacement and have expressed interest in Asmir Begovic and Rob Green. (Guardian) #CFC

Terry: "To take Pete out of the team, you have to be great talent. Thibaut has done that" #CFC (Guardian)

Sports PR Company@SportsPRCompany

@MailSport @LeeClayton_ as we told you, No transfer deal has been done yet for @PetrCech - as soon as any news @PetrCech will confirm.

yeah we're quite nice to our old lot.Lampard got a good ish reception.If they win however end probably be different lol

Just be so weird seeing him at arsenal

Lamps did damage his reputation as far as I'm concerned but because of the dishonesty, not because he joined City. Had he just moved to City openly then said I want to play and I'd love to win another Premier League title, that would have been fine with me.

Lamps did damage his reputation as far as I'm concerned but because of the dishonesty, not because he joined City. Had he just moved to City openly then said I want to play and I'd love to win another Premier League title, that would have been fine with me.

but even with all that he still was received well back at the bridge so agree Cech will be as well.Especially as it's not much requested a move out the blue.times up and not number one anymore.Nice to hear him say goodbye at the parade at least

We only need Mourinho to manage City/United in the near future and we're all set.

Wouldn't be surprised: "The day Mr Abramovich thinks I am not good enough for Chelsea I want to work, and if possible in England too."

Hopefully this put some people doubt their high horses and banishes the thoughts such as 'we are Chelsea we don't sell players we don't want to a rival'...etc and faces the reality that sometime the players need to have their wishes respected too.

Cech deserves to go wherever he wants purely out of respect for everything he has done for us, it is not like he demands out either but this is a guy who simply loves London life and wants to play every week at top level, you HAVE TO RESPECT THAT. People want every Chelsea player to be like a Gerrard and either stays for the rest of their career until the club PUSHES them out or leave on our term, it doesn't always work like that.

Saying this I expect some idiots will boo Cech everytime we play Arsenal if he does move there...