Petr Cech

eldo

The only good thing that this transfer can bring, is that he will probably break the record of cleen sheets in PL. Something which he definitey deserves, shame he won't do it with the Chelsea badge on his shirt.
Thank you for everything Big Pete. LEGEND!

On one hand: I can understand to let him go where he wants to. he is a legend and he deserves to be treated the right way

but on the other hand: only 11 m pounds? no players in exchange? nothing? why let him go so cheap? Arsenal wouldnt do s#it and let one of their legends go to a rival for such a low sum. he still had a contract and we could at least demand 20 m or more for someone, who is still one of the best keepers in the world and miles ahead of any keeper that Arsenal currently have. Bad business from us on this one. Could backfire badly. They havent had a good GK for years and now they have a world-class one. Will miss Cech :/

Can't believe Cech has actually made this move! It shows he really doesn't care about the club or his Chelsea legacy! Lampard moved to City for 1 season, it made a small dent in his Chelsea legacy but this is on another level.

Cech will potentially spend the next 5 years at Arsenal and possibly retire there! In 5 years time if he does well at Arsenal they will be calling him an Arsenal legend, and it's highly likely by his 3rd or 4th year there most Chelsea fans will have no more love for the guy!

Such a shame after everything he has achieved at Chelsea, he will now most likely be remembered at the end of his career as an Arsenal man.

What kinda frustrates me about this is that we will do business with Arsenal.

But when we want to buy a player like Ox they won't do it.

Why are we so obtuse?

it's like we desperate to sell him...

Really hard to take and it does seem that way but unlike other times, we have been much more lenient because of the years Cech has offered us. He has won everything at us. A major reason we won the UCL was because of him and not only that he did not make much of a fuss playing second fiddle to Courtois last season. That must have been hard for him to take and yes he is a legend here and the fact that he is no longer no.1 at this club obviously indicated he was eventually going to leave. Ideally all of us would of want him here as back up or to move to PSG and ideally himself Cech would have wanted to be no.1 here, not Arsenal and although it may feel like a stab in the back to some of our fans, we have to understand family plays a key part as well. Our club and fans have a spot in his heart but his family are settled in London and children attending school. The only realistic other option was PSG and it would be difficult for Cech to move his whole family and unsettle his children. This move allows him to stay where he is and keep his family, most importantly happy. As much as he loves us, we have to accept sometimes that family comes first.

He is a legend for what he has done at us and like I was saying the fact he stayed as back up last season, did not kick up a fuss and when called upon was solid as a rock, can only compliment him for. It is hard yet understandable to see why we have been so passive in letting this deal go ahead.

GKs dont win you league titles, so i dont see it as something we should be worry about or as a game changer for Arsenal.

Imo, to be a real threat they need to bring a striker and a DM, and it looks like they're settling for Giroud and Coquelin. I think both of those players will be crucial in their on-going failure in the title race. Just not good enough.

They already passed on J.Martinez and Mandzukic, there are still Bacca, Dzeko, maybe even Lukaku (who im not sure will be better), but it looks like its not on the agenda.

They could have gone for Kondogbia and Imbula which they didnt do, looks like a DM is not on the agenda either, Wenger also said "we have enough Midfielders", when asked about Vidal.

So, I think Wenger's arrogance or zero motivation, whatever it is that makes him to be such an horrible competitor, will keep him and Cech away from a title.

But with all that being said, i dont think we should've sold him to Arsenal, just feels funny. Though its nice to discover (again) that for all this time the only real Chelsea around here were Drogba, Essien and Terry.

Never seen Petr as a Terry-like symbol, so its not really a problem for me, as opposed to the Lamaprd-CIty move which felt like a stub in the back.

After Mata to United and Lampard to City now Cech to Arsenal , what a fucking life !

Next ?!

John Terry to Liverpool ?!

This is what annoys me. They won't do business with Chelsea regarding they're own players. That's not right. I understand players wanting to stay in the country and all that, but it gets to the point where you have to take a stance and stop the madness. Remember the Modric saga? He wanted to join but Levy said no. I'm still slightly upset about that.

There's the business with Liverpool but they either turned out to be average (Mereiles), crap (Benayoun) or an abomination (Torres). I hope the club demands one of their players. I'd take Theo. Either that or make some kind of deal of being able to buy from them in the future as well.

What @ILoveLamp said, I don't want another WC goalkeeper, simply a WC signing to solidify our position at the top.

Signing Begovic, Falcao, Song are all well and good, but none of them change the dimensions of the squad - none bring us a level above. And we have seen with Mourinho that we can't 'workhorse' our way through the CL later stages. We need quality signings that consistently improve the squad to compete with the likes of Bayern, Barca and Real - no more of this 'play Azpi on the wing, defend, counter-attack and hope for the best' crap.

I believe we have enough dead weight with the likes of Cuadrado and Mikel, but instead of replacing and improving we seem to just want to take on more dead weight with Falcao and Dembele-like signings. The direction of this transfer window appears to be bringing us backwards instead of forwards.

Got it mate. But I for one think we won't be seeing any marquee signing(s) a la Cesc/Diego Costa this summer. I have this feeling that Jose's looking to keep the same regulars from last season and add more depth to his squad, improve his bench. I'm on the same page as you and I feel that Chelsea should look into bringing at least two world class players for the starting 11 (preferably a new defender and a right winger), but I just can't see it happening from the looks of it.

You guys shouldn't worry.. I know Cech is probably the best GK in the world, but think about Arsenal's defence. Who's gonna help him? Turtlesacker? Gibbs? BELLERIN? Chambers :Goober: ? They have an average defence and their style of play won't help Cech either, their defence will be uncovered multiple times and believe me, not even Cech will save them. Their problem is the defence, not the GK.

Goodbye, Legend! :worship2:

Agree. Well their problem are in every area tbh. I feel sorry for Cech have to play with those bunch of average players in front of him.

Can't believe Cech has actually made this move! It shows he really doesn't care about the club or his Chelsea legacy! Lampard moved to City for 1 season, it made a small dent in his Chelsea legacy but this is on another level.

Cech will potentially spend the next 5 years at Arsenal and possibly retire there! In 5 years time if he does well at Arsenal they will be calling him an Arsenal legend, and it's highly likely by his 3rd or 4th year there most Chelsea fans will have no more love for the guy!

Such a shame after everything he has achieved at Chelsea, he will now most likely be remembered at the end of his career as an Arsenal man.

Lmao. I can't even.

wow of all the clubs in the world, he chooses that pathetic lot of whiny, spineless, deluded losers? the thing that is maddening about this is that arse have been gutless and spineless for years, from their manager down to their 3rd gk, and now we're giving them one of the most impressive leaders and winners in all of football...

thanks for everything to PC and all but i will never consider him in the same way as if he went to psg or something, this is straight up betrayal to the chelsea fans who've supported and idolised him for more than a decade, as far as i'm concerned...

Not the best piece of business but I suppose sometimes compassion has to come over money. Especially for a guy like Cech.

Not overly worried unless they get a super centreback to replace Mertesacker. And a top striker. And a top LB.

3 signings away boys. They do us for depth of squad but we certainly have the best starting XI.