Petr Cech

eldo

Terry on Cech...

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-petr-cech-worth-15-points-arsenal-claims-chelsea-captain-john-terry-150622151629

“There’s talk of Arsenal signing Petr Cech and, if they do get him, he will strengthen them for sure. He will save them 12 or 15 points a season,” the former England skipper told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show.

“Petr was an unbelievable professional last year. When you get left out of the team it can be hard to accept but, when he came in [to the side], he was exceptional.

“He deserves a lot of credit for that. We understand he wants to play first-team football but nobody wants to see him leave the club.

“He’s going to be sorely missed and will improve any side he goes to."

Hard to disagree with that...

It will be an atrocious transfer window if Cech goes to Arsenal and we only sign mediocre crap like Falcao, Dembele etc. (Not to mention possibly losing the likes of Remy).

We are the champions and we are losing 1 WC player - we need another WC signing to replace him in the squad.

It's really looking that way isn't it? Our only saving grace is none of the other contenders have really signed quality so far.

Forget it. If supposedly he refused an offer of 150K-a-week from PSG, it´s that he does not have any intentions of going to a foreign club.

It will be an atrocious transfer window if Cech goes to Arsenal and we only sign mediocre crap like Falcao, Dembele etc. (Not to mention possibly losing the likes of Remy).

We are the champions and we are losing 1 WC player - we need another WC signing to replace him in the squad.

And how do you expect to replace Cech with another WC gk? Neuer isn't coming here to sit on the bench. Nor is De Gea, Lloris. Unless we're selling Hazard just to go and replace him with N'Zogbia or Markovic, then I don't see any reason to be worried. Jose knows best. You can't have a squad full of WC players. Jose's probably thinking to start the season with the same regulars that have won the league and add more quality to his bench. Begovic, Falcao, Alex Song are not bad options to have in your squad if you ask me.

And how do you expect to replace Cech with another WC gk? Neuer isn't coming here to sit on the bench. Nor is De Gea, Lloris. Unless we're selling Hazard just to go and replace him with N'Zogbia or Markovic, then I don't see any reason to be worried. Jose knows best. You can't have a squad full of WC players. Jose's probably thinking to start the season with the same regulars that have won the league and add more quality to his bench. Begovic, Falcao, Alex Song are not bad options to have in your squad if you ask me.

I think he's talking about number of world class players in the squad rather than his actual position per se.

Meh, I don't really care now.

I just hope this club pulls of some extraordinary signings between now and September that means Arsenal can sign whoever the f*ck they want, but still won't challenge.

In an ideal world yeah but this is real life unfortunately. This is Arsenal's best squad since the Invincibles. With Cech they're definitely our biggest contenders. United are still in rebuild mode while City have an aging squad.

CIHOUR7WcAAwXo8.jpg

In an ideal world yeah but this is real life unfortunately. This is Arsenal's best squad since the Invincibles. With Cech they're definitely our biggest contenders. United are still in rebuild mode while City have an aging squad.

Agreed, Arsenal's squad on the whole looks full of depth and quality. There's an argument that Cech could be the final piece of the puzzle, though I think they're about 3 WC signings away from that.

I still think that Wenger will continue to be Arsenal's downfall, him and their atrocious luck with injuries/their lack of an outstanding medical department. Jose's no fool though, he's going to see Arsenal's ambition & actions in this window and reciprocate them (I HOPE).

Last summer Chelsea clearly were the winners in astute, quality, timely signings as well as appropriate loan recalls. The window is technically still closed and we can only really hope that deals are being done in the background that the media is being shunned out of, it's not past Chelsea to carry out business like this.