Petr Cech

eldo

A tough decision. I understand mate. Its awful losing our favourite player. But since seeing Frankie in that awful color blue it made me realize we should be about the club 1st. We can love what they do for us but we cant afford sentiment in team selection. But then again I will always love Zola. (But he never buggered off to the Gooners Ha!)

I'm a Member in a few forums with the same name lol... :fainthv9:

The way i look at it, loyalty is a two way street. Clubs will not hesitate to discard a player after they are no longer useful, fans will turn on a legend if they overstay(think Raul), why the hell would you expect players to be loyal?

I guess it is easy for most to be a hypocrite.

If most of you were in Cech shoes you would do the same. If he can't spend the rest of his career as Chelsea no.1 GK, then the next best choice for him would be Arsenal. It makes perfect sense for Cech.

Footballers are in the public eye, when you build such a legacy with a club it comes with responsibility rightly or wrongly.

Cech's legend status like Lamps won't be affected in the grand scheme of things, however when fans get asked who's your favorite player Didier, Lamps or Cech for example? Most will say subconsciously the player that didn't join a direct rival.

The way i look at it, loyalty is a two way street. Clubs will not hesitate to discard a player after they are no longer useful, fans will turn on a legend if they overstay(think Raul), why the hell would you expect players to be loyal?

I guess it is easy for most to be a hypocrite.

If most of you were in Cech shoes you would do the same. If he can't spend the rest of his career as Chelsea no.1 GK, then the next best choice for him would be Arsenal. It makes perfect sense for Cech.

As i look at it, the essence of loyalty in football is the of fans to their clubs. That is the true loyalty, that is untied. ¿To ensure the loyalty of their legends, the club has that to retain them until they want to retire and keep them in the XI although have better players than them? ¿How can say that a player is loyal to a club if this loyalty is conditioned by a contract and a place in the XI and titles and good money? ¿is this loyalty? no, this is convenience.

If we had ten years without winning a title as Arsenal our best players would want leave although the club would want to retain them.

I have no problem with a player moving to a rival club, not really affect me that Cech will go to Arsenal, at least he was honest and never pretended loyalty to our club. My problem is with those players who claim to love their clubs and encourage an image of loyal legend and what they really loves is the titles and the money they earn. This is also being hypocritical.

IMO, the club owes nothing to these legends. For starters, if it had not been for the investment of Abramovich, Cech and Drogba never would have come here and Lampard and Terry would have left us in the prime of their careers. They have done great things for the club but have not done for love/loyalty but rather for money/titles, and all those things have gained in abundance, they have been amply rewarded for their services and they have benefited from the club so much as the club from them.

As i look at it, the essence of loyalty in football is the of fans to their clubs. That is the true loyalty, that is untied. ¿To ensure the loyalty of their legends, the club has that to retain them until they want to retire and keep them in the XI although have better players than them? ¿How can say that a player is loyal to a club if this loyalty is conditioned by a contract and a place in the XI and titles and good money? ¿is this loyalty? no, this is convenience.

If we had ten years without winning a title as Arsenal our best players would want leave although the club would want to retain them.

I have no problem with a player moving to a rival club, not really affect me that Cech will go to Arsenal, at least he was honest and never pretended loyalty to our club. My problem is with those players who claim to love their clubs and encourage an image of loyal legend and what they really loves is the titles and the money they earn. This is also being hypocritical.

IMO, the club owes nothing to these legends. For starters, if it had not been for the investment of Abramovich, Cech and Drogba never would have come here and Lampard and Terry would have left us in the prime of their careers. They have done great things for the club but have not done for love/loyalty but rather for money/titles, and all those things have gained in abundance, they have been amply rewarded for their services and they have benefited from the club so much as the club from them.

Yes the club will do what is in their best interest. Fans shouldn't be surprised when a player does the same.

I don't think it is black and white as you make it sound. Players like Lampard, Terry, Cech, and Drogba loved playing for the club. They were loyal to the club to a certain extent, the relationship was quite beneficial to each party.

Cech gave his best years to the club, showed as much of passion as you could ask for, sacrificed his body for the club; suffered one of the most infamous injury for a GK. Cech has been the absolute professional at Chelsea, classy and respected couldn't ask for a better ambassador for Chelsea.

I was there for his 1st game for us and the guys brilliant.

But it depends on your character I suppose.

I understand its just a job to him with no love or loyalty to nobody but himself and family.

But he didnt umm and arr when he took over from Cudi when he had a knock. He didnt moan saying no I cant take his job.

He could have played out his contract with us or gone to Mou with his problem. If he said look Ive played 15 games this season and Id like to stay If I could play 'x' games Id stay and fight for my position just like any other position on the pitch.

I love the guy but why should he get preferential treatment. Hes had the choice to play anywhere in the world yet hes gone to one of the teams we hate. You cant tell me that hasn;t crossed his mind at some point. Maybe hes doing it just to be a C.

The idea putting a club/job above yourself and your family makes no sense to me. You shouldn't never put anything above yourself and your highest principles. I simply cannot imagine doing something that goes against my best interest and the best interest of the people i love and care for.

I cant believe you are criticizing Cech for his professionalism.

Cech has been a great professional throughout this. He handled his benching with absolute class, and it is not easy being benched at the top of your game. Should be commanded for his professionalism and handling of the situation. His stay this past season was quite generous of him.

Look at how Iker has handled his situation at Real Madrid. Made a huge fuss over it with the media when Mou benched him. He uses his influence with the media to get what he wants.

The idea putting a club/job above yourself and your family makes no sense to me. You shouldn't never put anything above yourself and your highest principles. I simply cannot imagine doing something that goes against my best interest and the best interest of the people i love and care for.

I cant believe you are criticizing Cech for his professionalism.

Cech has been a great professional throughout this. He handled his benching with absolute class, and it is not easy being benched at the top of your game. Should be commanded for his professionalism and handling of the situation. His stay this past season was quite generous of him.

Look at how Iker has handled his situation at Real Madrid. Made a huge fuss over it with the media when Mou benched him. He uses his influence with the media to get what he wants.

Well it looks like hes getting a £4mill gold watch for putting himself out for a year doing the job he was contracted to do.

I was there for his 1st game for us and the guys brilliant.

But it depends on your character I suppose.

I understand its just a job to him with no love or loyalty to nobody but himself and family.

But he didnt umm and arr when he took over from Cudi when he had a knock. He didnt moan saying no I cant take his job.

He could have played out his contract with us or gone to Mou with his problem. If he said look Ive played 15 games this season and Id like to stay If I could play 'x' games Id stay and fight for my position just like any other position on the pitch.

I love the guy but why should he get preferential treatment. Hes had the choice to play anywhere in the world yet hes gone to one of the teams we hate. You cant tell me that hasn;t crossed his mind at some point. Maybe hes doing it just to be a C.

We all love Shankley's brilliant witticism. The great man's words encapsulated the attitude of football fans all over the world, but he certainly wouldn't have meant it literally. Football is not more important than life. Taking care of the interests of his wife and children is the very essence of what it is to be a man.

My own guess was that Petr and his wife would have chosen to give their children a chance to experience a different culture. If, however, their decision is that London is the place for their family, then London it has to be. That narrows Petr's choice to staying or going to Arsenal. He's a footballer, he's in the prime of his career, he wants to start. Of course he wants to start. I love the man too. I also love my club and I love it even more for being classy enough to allow one of our heroes to make his own choice.

By the way, I've heard the argument before that Petr took over when Carlo was injured. That's not what Carlo says, it's not what Jose says and it's not what the evidence says. Carlo's agent, whose job it is to spin as hard as he can for his client, is quoted in one place (that I know of) as having made that claim. It ain't so however, Carlo lost the jersey before he was injured.

We all love Shankley's brilliant witticism. The great man's words encapsulated the attitude of football fans all over the world, but he certainly wouldn't have meant it literally. Football is not more important than life. Taking care of the interests of his wife and children is the very essence of what it is to be a man.

My own guess was that Petr and his wife would have chosen to give their children a chance to experience a different culture. If, however, their decision is that London is the place for their family, then London it has to be. That narrows Petr's choice to staying or going to Arsenal. He's a footballer, he's in the prime of his career, he wants to start. Of course he wants to start. I love the man too. I also love my club and I love it even more for being classy enough to allow one of our heroes to make his own choice.

By the way, I've heard the argument before that Petr took over when Carlo was injured. That's not what Carlo says, it's not what Jose says and it's not what the evidence says. Carlo's agent, whose job it is to spin as hard as he can for his client, is quoted in one place (that I know of) as having made that claim. It ain't so however, Carlo lost the jersey before he was injured.

Absolutely agree with everything and said something similar a few pages back.

I hate sounding patronising - but I think responsibility is one of the last things life teaches you and I think some posters on here just haven't 'lived long enough' to learn this - but it will come...

For me - up to around 25, it was always black/white, now it's just varying degrees of grey :)

I hold no grudges against Cech for going there. For him his family is more important and that's fine by me. It's painful but fair. He's always been professional and awesome for us.

Even though I don't like it I'm proud of Chelsea for acknowledging Cech's contribution and letting him choose what he wants to do. Shows true class.

I hate sounding patronising - but I think responsibility is one of the last things life teaches you and I think some posters on here just haven't 'lived long enough' to learn this - but it will come...

For me - up to around 25, it was always black/white, now it's just varying degrees of grey :)

:) :)

Forgive me if I have this wrong but I'm used to being one of the oldest people here. I'm therefore assuming that you are younger than me so allow me to make the following observation: -

The day will also come when you can't tell what bloody colour it is! :)

:) :)

Forgive me if I have this wrong but I'm used to being one of the oldest people here. I'm therefore assuming that you are younger than me so allow me to make the following observation: -

The day will also come when you can't tell what bloody colour it is! :)

No problem - 39 this year :)

Haha - oh well another thing to look forward too :)

Maybe that's big Pete's problem - he can't tell the difference between blue and red ;)

Im playing devils advocate here

OK if it was purely a fact of staying in London has he never heard of commuting? I went upto Manchester every morning on the train for 18 months sometimes having to stand, So Im sure (even tho it would be Mancs Id prefer it than bloody arsenal) he coud do it in luxury of 1st class or one of his many cars.

The thing is hes a clever lad, knows his psychology, so you cant tell me he didn't know that this would cause us problems and upset.

Is it his ego thats been bruised and hes done it as a fuck you?

When another player on contract throws a hissy fit saying he wanted enured 1st team selection instead of fighting for his place like every other player we go bonkers.

I'm only a couple years behind you bruv and I grew up far earlier than I should have and tho I dropped out of the rat race I understand responsibility and I live my life in one grey area.

You must agree that Petr going to the gooners will hurt many of us. Its very fresh and emotional. not to him to us. Lamps was a different thing. He didn't sign to Citeh originally and only supposedly went to keep fit (hmmm). That was more like a snideydodgy deal they did. But Petr chose to go straight to them.

I remember running into him walking in Knightsbridge just after the Liverpool game we lost after he came back from from his injury. There was some that asked would he be the same again and taking the piss out of that head guard. But I shook his hand and said you watch youre going to come back better than ever. That was when he got his player of the month award for 8 successive clean sheets. I put that down to me giving him the confidence Tease%201_zpsvnwzbfmj.gif

Unlike the Lampard move, I'm pretty sure this one will actually strengthen our rivals. No matter how shaky the Gooners defense is, I'm sure he will compensate for at least some of the mistakes they tend to make, and probably even help organize it better, especially during set-pieces.

Nonetheless, I have no complaints. He was good enough to stay and strengthen our back-up goalkeeping options for the whole of last season. Ideally, for Chelsea, he would have made the move abroad, hell even at least out of London...There are a lot of other teams I would rather have him play for other than Arsenal within England itself. But at the same time, you have to remember how many Arsenal players that have come to us, that we have put to good use and plus..his personal needs will obviously come first.

And finally remember, the most important reason for letting Cech go is because of this: Courtois. Young keepers like him don't come around often, and you have to do everything in your power to keep them at the club for as long as possible

Cech's agent, Viktor Kolar on Arsenal: "No, I cannot say too much on this. I would like to know too!” (http://getwestlondon.co.uk ) #CFC #AFC lol

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is closing in on a move to Premier League rivals Arsenal, according to Sky sources. #CFC #AFC

Sky sources report Cech, 33, has agreed personal terms in principle on a switch to the Emirates Stadium. #CFC #AFC

But Sky Sources understand the two clubs are still not close to agreeing a fee and negotiations will continue for Cech this week. #CFC #AFC

The transfer fee for Cech is unknown but it will be a cash only deal (Sky) #CFC #AFC

Chelsea's request to receive a home-grown player as part of the proposed transfer is no longer being considered. (Sky) #CFC #AFC

:rant:

Cech is said to be grateful to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich for allowing him to move to whatever club he chooses. #CFC #AFC (Sky)

Cech is believed to be keen to move to the Gunners (Sky Sports) #CFC #AFC