Petr Cech

eldo

Imagine if they actually win the League next season...............

We said the same thing about Lampard last summer. And City were definitely in a better position than Arsenal are now. GKs are not the reason why Arsenal haven't won the title for so many years.

Agreed, Arsenal's squad on the whole looks full of depth and quality. There's an argument that Cech could be the final piece of the puzzle, though I think they're about 3 WC signings away from that.

Are they? At the start of last season I also thought they needed 3 more signings (GK, CB & DM) but Wenger has addressed that with Cech, Gabriel & unearthing Coquelin. You could argue they could improve on the last 2 positions but that would be nitpicking considering our own squad could also be improved upon as well. I think they could do with a WC striker but how many of those are available?

I still think that Wenger will continue to be Arsenal's downfall, him and their atrocious luck with injuries/their lack of an outstanding medical department. Jose's no fool though, he's going to see Arsenal's ambition & actions in this window and reciprocate them (I HOPE).

They've since sacked their medical department and brought in Shad Forsythe. Could be a coincidence but I remember a commentator saying that for the first time in 8/9 years Wenger finally had a fully fit squad to pick from him. Things like that including compromising his philosophy/ideals at away grounds, getting rid of that ridiculous high line, spending multimillions on World Class players like Sanchez, Ozil, Cech rather than young talent from obscure nations & winning trophies in back to back years make me believe he's finally wised up.

Don't get me wrong some of the cracks are still there (bottling 2nd place when it was in their grasp, losing to Monaco in embarrassing fashion) but there's no doubt there's been a massive improvement in that club over the last 2 years.

Last summer Chelsea clearly were the winners in astute, quality, timely signings as well as appropriate loan recalls. The window is technically still closed and we can only really hope that deals are being done in the background that the media is being shunned out of, it's not past Chelsea to carry out business like this.

That's my major worry. We're the type of club that likes to get business done early so with the Falcao signing & the links to the likes of Dembele/Song I'm already dreading this summer & I'm usually not the type of person to panic or complain about our dealings. I fear we're resting on our laurels like City have done over the years but hopefully the club still have something up their sleeve.

We said the same thing about Lampard last summer. And City were definitely in a better position than Arsenal are now. GKs are not the reason why Arsenal haven't won the title for so many years.

Lampard was a bit part player clearly past his best.

Cech can play at a world class level for a direct rival for years to come. Totally different.

Can't believe Cech has actually made this move! It shows he really doesn't care about the club or his Chelsea legacy! Lampard moved to City for 1 season, it made a small dent in his Chelsea legacy but this is on another level.

Cech will potentially spend the next 5 years at Arsenal and possibly retire there! In 5 years time if he does well at Arsenal they will be calling him an Arsenal legend, and it's highly likely by his 3rd or 4th year there most Chelsea fans will have no more love for the guy!

Such a shame after everything he has achieved at Chelsea, he will now most likely be remembered at the end of his career as an Arsenal man.

Right, let's just set a few rules so we don't face the same fiasco that was the Lampard thread last season:

Any personal insult towards Petr (or any other Chelsea player, present or past) will be removed. Repeated offenders will be warned and suspended.

Let's try to keep this debate about the football alone.

Thanks.

All I can wish to him is to stay healthy and for his family to stay healthy too.
Closed page for me.
Worst of luck in terms of Arsenal. Lots of conceeded goals, zero trophies, no prosperity.
Love you, Petr.

Can't believe Cech has actually made this move! It shows he really doesn't care about the club or his Chelsea legacy! Lampard moved to City for 1 season, it made a small dent in his Chelsea legacy but this is on another level.

Cech will potentially spend the next 5 years at Arsenal and possibly retire there! In 5 years time if he does well at Arsenal they will be calling him an Arsenal legend, and it's highly likely by his 3rd or 4th year there most Chelsea fans will have no more love for the guy!

Such a shame after everything he has achieved at Chelsea, he will now most likely be remembered at the end of his career as an Arsenal man.

It's true that he's going to ruin the image Chelsea fans have of him but I don't think they'll call him an Arsenal legend as I doubt they will win any title within the next year.

And how do you expect to replace Cech with another WC gk? Neuer isn't coming here to sit on the bench. Nor is De Gea, Lloris. Unless we're selling Hazard just to go and replace him with N'Zogbia or Markovic, then I don't see any reason to be worried. Jose knows best. You can't have a squad full of WC players. Jose's probably thinking to start the season with the same regulars that have won the league and add more quality to his bench. Begovic, Falcao, Alex Song are not bad options to have in your squad if you ask me.

What @ILoveLamp said, I don't want another WC goalkeeper, simply a WC signing to solidify our position at the top.

Signing Begovic, Falcao, Song are all well and good, but none of them change the dimensions of the squad - none bring us a level above. And we have seen with Mourinho that we can't 'workhorse' our way through the CL later stages. We need quality signings that consistently improve the squad to compete with the likes of Bayern, Barca and Real - no more of this 'play Azpi on the wing, defend, counter-attack and hope for the best' crap.

I believe we have enough dead weight with the likes of Cuadrado and Mikel, but instead of replacing and improving we seem to just want to take on more dead weight with Falcao and Dembele-like signings. The direction of this transfer window appears to be bringing us backwards instead of forwards.

You guys shouldn't worry.. I know Cech is probably the best GK in the world, but think about Arsenal's defence. Who's gonna help him? Turtlesacker? Gibbs? BELLERIN? Chambers :Goober: ? They have an average defence and their style of play won't help Cech either, their defence will be uncovered multiple times and believe me, not even Cech will save them. Their problem is the defence, not the GK.

Goodbye, Legend! :worship2: