• Ramires
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Chris Foy (Referee)

Sorry if I offended you, but I'm just being honest about what I see.

I've defended Oscar, even up until the Fulham game but he's just showing a lack of quality on the ball. He's supposed to be a number 10, he's supposed to be a potential worldie yet he simply doesn't show enough class or composure when on the ball. He looks skittish, jittery and some of his touches are Torres-esque.

Willian is a nice player, he works hard but his contribution to the team offensively is underwhelming. Maybe Hazard is setting the bar too high, but he needs to start chipping in more.

Ramires....not good enough with the ball, inconsistent, dirty, loses his head and a low-iq (that's a polite way of saying stupid) player.

Luiz....said enough about him.

By the way I don't need you to tell me this team isn't ready. I've been saying that all season, that we're a work in progress and that we have glaring problems in the squad but when players take the piss I might reciprocate.

I've given credit to the players who step up week-in and week-out but I don't think I've been unfair or over the top in criticising the ones who under-perform.

You didn't offend me at all. But maybe you're mad (rightfully) or something, but lately I've seen you criticizing the team in a way you didn't at first. It's your right to do as much, I just pointed the things I think it's unfair. Maybe you're disappointed (also understandable) or just lost your patience with them.

I know I've lost my patience with Ramires a long time ago, and I feel like hitting Oscar's head in the wall to see if something else comes from his brain. I do think Luiz's been poor as a CB (still our best option to partner with Matic imo), but I'm cutting Willian some slack because I think it's the fair thing to do.

I agree with everything you said in this post - I just disagreed with the implications in the previous one: that Luiz could have said no to Brazil and that Oscar plays better for Brazil (especially if you implied it's a conscious decision or just that he doesn't put as much effort for us).

I think next season all of us will be much happier with Willian. I don't think he's anywhere as good as Hazard. Potential wise, I think even Oscar is better than him. Also he lacks a LOT of character. He's a very simple guy, he isn't very smart (based on interviews) and normally one makes those up with a winning spirit, but he doesn't have it. He needs Mourinho to teach him that - if he can learn about it at all. But technically, I think he has more to offer, but I don't think he will do it this season. It's a huge gap for him (or anyone else) to come from Ukraine and Russia to England.

I'm sorry if I offended you - I know I may have, but I didn't mean it like an offense, just an observation that you seem to have changed on how you used to approach the players and the team. If that's the case, I even understand you. When there's a lot at stake, it's harder to keep the emotions in check. I agree with you, I think you just overreacted a bit in the first post ;)

It's easy to blame the manager when we don't win a game. Like you know anything about football compared to Jose. Cut the bullshit out and think before you post. Schurrle earlier? WTF did Schurrle do against Spurs? He was shit and a waste of space. Don't blame the manager when the players are not THAT good. He has performed miracles with this squad. This was supposed to be a season of transition, but yet there we sit.... at the top of the league. Some of you guys need to get a grip. The only surprise was Eto'o not even being on the bench.

That's true, but he was useless, so I'd take him out just for that. Salah wouldn't be any worse.

Iva going upfront didn't make sense to me because this season he's been underwhelming offensively.. so putting him there would only expose our right side, and that's what happened.

Agree with everything else. :)

Fair enough, I mean Iva has been offensively normally crossing and taking players on so it was a different role to that.

But yea I agree maybe he should have put salah on. The only thing I can think of is maybe because we already had ba and shurrle on and they are both very direct type of players. So maybe he wanted willian who should be better at breaking down tight defending. There was space in behind their defense, so salah might have made sense though.

Oh don't worry about that, I know enough about the game.

I'd like to recommend coaching for some common sense though. They're a lot more useful and are known to be quite transferable to different aspects of life.

Leave it dude. Not worth it.

Sorry if I offended you, but I'm just being honest about what I see.

I've defended Oscar, even up until the Fulham game but he's just showing a lack of quality on the ball. He's supposed to be a number 10, he's supposed to be a potential worldie yet he simply doesn't show enough class or composure when on the ball. He looks skittish, jittery and some of his touches are Torres-esque.

Willian is a nice player, he works hard but his contribution to the team offensively is underwhelming. Maybe Hazard is setting the bar too high, but he needs to start chipping in more.

Ramires....not good enough with the ball, inconsistent, dirty, loses his head and a low-iq (that's a polite way of saying stupid) player.

Luiz....said enough about him.

By the way I don't need you to tell me this team isn't ready. I've been saying that all season, that we're a work in progress and that we have glaring problems in the squad but when players take the piss I might reciprocate.

I've given credit to the players who step up week-in and week-out but I don't think I've been unfair or over the top in criticising the ones who under-perform.

I see what you're saying but I think you've been a bit harsh. Fatigue is a factor for sure at the beginning of the year Oscar made Mata expendable, no easy feat.

Ramires has been ineffectual for a long portion of the season now, he hasn't provided near enough spark in the midfield as he has in the past. Not sure what the problem is with him but I have to agree when he's in possession I get a bit nervy.

Willian needs to start finishing and/or making that telling pass. Its all fine and good that he is running around a lot and making it tough for the oppo to play out the back but end product has to come to the fore NOW! Can't wait for it anymore.

Luiz is being kept out by the best defensive pairing perhaps in the world right now... He's good and may have a role to play once he's back in. Matic and Luiz may be the partnership we need to start moving the ball quicker.

Oh don't worry about that, I know enough about the game.

I'd like to recommend coaching for some common sense though. They're a lot more useful and are known to be quite transferable to different aspects of life.

We already had coaching here. As a matter of fact, he too was from India. Some fine coach, he was. Any relation to you? Lol.

Not good enough to win the game that's for sure but 11v11 we were the only ones that was going to win this game, Foy has a history about us and that is so transparently evident it is shocking that some of you lot have not commented on his previous but he had 3 other officials that were simply atrocious.

Now I've made it clear many times when we sold Mata that we would rely too much on Hazard and it is becoming obvious that when Hazard doesn't get in the game we are shire - but never mind we have always got Oscar?!!!!

Defended deep? Actually they played with a high line and it worked for them. How many offsides did we have because of that, a hundred?

Don't think you can't defend any deeper than Villa did today. The off-sides you mention took place when we played long and/or recovered the football; when we had possession anywhere Villa had 11 players in their own half and there was no space behind their defense.

Yes, had we played higher on the pitch we'd incur into more risk (spaces behind our own line), but that's the price to win. City does this better than us; they can move their defense line up and pressure these weak sides until they concede.

I don't think the performance was too dissimilar to others recently, like vs. Everton, Fulham and Tottenham. In all of those 3 games we had a poor first half, and then upped our tempo in the second half but still didn't play really well. Against Everton we were lucky to grind the win so late, Fulham collapsed defensively pushing way too high, and Tottenham practically gifted us the goals. I've been really disappointed with our performances of late and this result hardly comes as a surprise.

Villa had only one good chance in the 1st half, "raverse" shot skimmed Czech's post.

In the second half it was through give away balls, as the defense had departed.

Apart of the refereeing issue it was a failure of the front men plus of course we would n't settle for the one point.

I 've seen this many times. West Ham, the capital cup match against Sunderland, WBA and others.

I won't count Everton because they played well.