• Ramires
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Chris Foy (Referee)

The thing is, the football press in England are very clever. They have the ability to twist facts and spread their anti-Chelsea agenda. Chelsea represents new money, Chelsea is managed by Mourinho (cardinal sin), bankrolled by Abramovich, Chelsea is one of the most hated clubs in England. The press give the people what they want to believe about us.

Mate, you're talking complete and utter bollocks. You know fuck all about the media in this country, you have no experience of the people that work in it yet you're talking as if you're an expert on it.

Every club thinks there's an anti-us policy in the media. City fans think that the media is biased in favour of United. United fans think there's a fatwa against Moyes and Cleverley, Arsenal fans think that some have it in for Wenger.

The 'football press' as you incorrectly put it is wildly diverse in it's quality and views and to throw around accusations of people being brainwashed by it is complete crap.

The way the press and football pundits have treated us since Mourinho's return has been very strange. And know they don't "protect" him. Remember the 19th century comment? Or the Wenger comment he was TRICKED into answering so brutally? They even have Chelsea fans turning on Mourinho............ Oh, Chelsea haven't "played well". How can we be on top of the league and not "play" well? It's a paradox. I'm just glad Mourinho didn't give the bastards something to feed on in his press conference.

We've played well in spots but we've also been quite lucky. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say. We were lucky to get that goal against Everton because we really didn't do enough to win that if we're being honest. Against Spurs we were poor, until individual mistakes undid them. Fulham away we started very slowly but we deserved to win that.

But the simple fact is that we have glaring deficiencies in this team which is why the title talk was always very premature. We're a team in the process of being built so that's to be expected, and Foy was beyond awful yesterday but this season we've had more than our fair share of decisions go in our favour.

Mate, you're talking complete and utter bollocks. You know fuck all about the media in this country, you have no experience of the people that work in it yet you're talking as if you're an expert on it.

Every club thinks there's an anti-us policy in the media. City fans think that the media is biased in favour of United. United fans think there's a fatwa against Moyes and Cleverley, Arsenal fans think that some have it in for Wenger.

The 'football press' as you incorrectly put it is wildly diverse in it's quality and views and to throw around accusations of people being brainwashed by it is complete crap.

We've played well in spots but we've also been quite lucky. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say. We were lucky to get that goal against Everton because we really didn't do enough to win that if we're being honest. Against Spurs we were poor, until individual mistakes undid them. Fulham away we started very slowly but we deserved to win that.

But the simple fact is that we have glaring deficiencies in this team which is why the title talk was always very premature. We're a team in the process of being built so that's to be expected, and Foy was beyond awful yesterday but this season we've had more than our fair share of decisions go in our favour.

I lived in North London for majority of my youth, so believe me, I know what I'm talking about. If you think there hasn't been an anti-Chelsea agenda since Roman bought the club, then you need to pay more attention. Show me the article in the Telegraph, Mail, Guardian, Independent, Mirror, about Chris Foy's performance. You wouldn't find it. Remember how they hyped up the WBA penalty? (believe me, fans of other clubs still talk about it 4 months later) Many, many articles the next day in all the major papers. Or the marginal calls against Liverpool? Maybe Jose was right. We need more voices in the media. We are not a traditional big club, we represent new money and they hate it.

Many fans of other clubs also hate United too, but the difference is that that club get protection from their people in the media we don't. Can you imagine if what happened to us at Villa park happened to United? You think Daniel Taylor wouldn't have had a piece about it in the Guardian? Or if it happened to Arsenal, John Cross wouldn't have had a piece in the Mirror? And don't let me get started with the Liverpool monopoly on TV. Mourinho, despite the humour he put into it, had a point. It's unfair.

And my main point was really about us not getting any more or less decisions than our title rivals. You completely ignored that part. We have had no more or less decisions than Liverpool, Arsenal and City especially.

And for the played well in spurts part and being lucky. United were lucky last season. They were lucky at Stamford Bridge with another disastrous ref performance that went against us. Why should we care if we were lucky? It's just disgusting to see fellow Chelsea fans repeating the same rubbish that the media and rival fans say? Lucky all season with decisions? Just pure horseshit. A huge lie. Tell the same lie over and over and even our fans start to believe it. Man city have had huge decisions in the big 8 clashes (against Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham) Huge game changing decisions. Yet its us who have been lucky? Only against WBA, no place else.

Not playing well? Even when we do, we get no credit.. Everything is starting to feel like 2005 again.

I lived in North London for majority of my youth, so believe me, I know what I'm talking about. If you think there hasn't been an anti-Chelsea agenda since Roman bought the club, then you need to pay more attention. Show me the article in the Telegraph, Mail, Guardian, Independent, Mirror, about Chris Foy's performance. You wouldn't find it. Remember how they hyped up the WBA penalty? (believe me, fans of other clubs still talk about it 4 months later) Many, many articles the next day in all the major papers. Or the marginal calls against Liverpool? Maybe Jose was right. We need more voices in the media. We are not a traditional big club, we represent new money and they hate it.

What, you want individual stories that are pro-Chelsea? How about I just tell you to look up some of Martin Samuel's articles on FFP and what a joke it is. How about Neil Ashton and a couple of other Mail writers who have written positively about our players, most recently John Terry. How about Henry Winter who has always been fair-minded.

If you're sticking to the Custis's and even Ackfords of the world then I understand why you might think we've been harshly treated, but there's no grand conspiracy against us.

The media LOVES Jose Mourinho. He gives them easy copy and great headlines. They treat him with kid gloves....just look at how many of them GUSHED over him after the City game at a Mourinho Masterclass.

Literally, just google 'mourinho masterclass' and see how many media outlets you get praising him after the City game.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mourinho+masterclass&oq=mourinho+masterclass&aqs=chrome..69i57.3127j0j1&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8#q=mourinho+masterclass&start=10

Many fans of other clubs also hate United too, but the difference is that that club get protection from their people in the media we don't. Can you imagine if what happened to us at Villa park happened to United? You think Daniel Taylor wouldn't have had a piece about it in the Guardian? Or if it happened to Arsenal, John Cross wouldn't have had a piece in the Mirror? And don't let me get started with the Liverpool monopoly on TV. Mourinho, despite the humour he put into it, had a point. It's unfair.

The reason that Liverpool have a lot of players in the media is because football on tv exploded in the 90s. Who were the big stars then?? Oh right, the recently retired stars of the 80s and 90s who were Liverpool and United players in the main. It's not fucking rocket science but if you want to get bent out of shape because Jody Fucking Morris doesn't have a tv show then you go right ahead.

Please ignore Pat Nevin, Craig Burley (cunt), Glenn Hoddle, Ruud Gullit, Michael Ballack, Franco Zola (did last night's game) and even old Cascarino who regularly get run-outs and even the positive discussion from the likes of Graeme Souness, Paul Merson and Matt Le Tissier.

And my main point was really about us not getting any more or less decisions than our title rivals. You completely ignored that part. We have had no more or less decisions than Liverpool, Arsenal and City especially.

I'm not going to count up the decisions that we've had, but honestly this season I've felt like we've had more than our fair share of luck especially at home.

We will continue the conversation tomorrow, I need some sleep-_-

1.You miss my point though. Chelsea have not had any more or less decisions than any of our rivals for the title.

2. Decisions that go in our favour, mostly marginal stuff, except WBA are magnified by the media to an incredible extent while those that go against us are swept under the carpet. Not a single article of it in any paper. Some might think it's irrelevant, but I think it leads to people believing false stuff. I.e. us being lucky with refs. I've watched every second. If I'm wrong give me multiple examples. It's been mostly 50/50 unlike some other teams.

And those names you mentioned are just guest hosts, not big time at all. Just watch as this game is swept under the carpet. It happens a lot to chelsea and it's because we lack power in the press.

We will continue the conversation tomorrow, I need some sleep-_-

1.You miss my point though. Chelsea have not had any more or less decisions than any of our rivals for the title.

2. Decisions that go in our favour, mostly marginal stuff, except WBA are magnified by the media to an incredible extent while those that go against us are swept under the carpet. Not a single article of it in any paper. Some might think it's irrelevant, but I think it leads to people believing false stuff. I.e. us being lucky with refs. I've watched every second. If I'm wrong give me multiple examples. It's been mostly 50/50 unlike some other teams.

And those names you mentioned are just guest hosts, not big time at all. Just watch as this game is swept under the carpet. It happens a lot to chelsea and it's because we lack power in the press.

So who exactly are these big names that the scousers and mancs have? Neville and Carragher? Do me a favour. Neville is about as fair-minded as you get. Hansen? Retiring at the end of the season. Last night MOTD went with Shearer and Savage.

Honestly this whole thing Mourinho started is utter bollocks and you're just regurgitating it. Jesus wept.

no sweetie, you've got it wrong.

The only good thing that came out of yesterday is Ramires getting sent off and us having this blessing in disguise of not having to deal with him for three games.

I hope Luiz is fit, but if he isn't, I'm sure Lamps can cope with a couple of matches until he is and they can maybe even alternate. It's a blessing for me not having to watch Ramires.

What he did yesterday doesn't surprise me at all. I'm not even sure the FA will give him only three games... he could have broken the other guy's leg... Atrocious, just like his performance.

Completely agree. And you know a player is awful when the club's fans are glad he gets banned!

Some of the shit ive seen around the net wanting Foy to die is a joke people need to grow up. yes foy was shit, but we were awful last night. we now need city to lose two games and tbh after there game yesterday I dont think they will. and we cannot drop any more points.

Two draws will do it actually. We're 3 points behind, if they lose four it will be enough.

I doubt we're winning the rest of our matches though, at least on draw will happen.

Completely agree. And you know a player is awful when the club's fans are glad he gets banned!

He has his quality, but he's tired and he seems to be out of it right now (what he did yesterday showed that clearly).

I can value Ramires for the good things, but at this point of the season he hasn't been bringing them anymore. And we need more quality, it's actually very simple. As he's the king of pace and work-rate, Mourinho would NEVER drop him on his own, so I think this is really a good thing. We'll use him for UCL and that's enough for now. But I'm beyond relieved we won't use him a few times for EPL and maybe José may find a better combo in the squad and stick with it if it works, even after Rami is eligible to play again.

I do believe Lamps and Luiz can partner with Matic now and deliver what we need. My main concern though is if Mourinho decides to bring Mikel instead. Then kill me.

Lets move on from yesterday's defeat and focus on the future, IMO I think if we win all our last 8 games we win the title. With Chelsea its really tough to know if they will win against small teams thgh, hopefully the result was an eye opener for the squad that small teams dont just roll over if u dont put enough effort

He has his quality, but he's tired and he seems to be out of it right now (what he did yesterday showed that clearly).

I can value Ramires for the good things, but at this point of the season he hasn't been bringing them anymore. And we need more quality, it's actually very simple. As he's the king of pace and work-rate, Mourinho would NEVER drop him on his own, so I think this is really a good thing. We'll use him for UCL and that's enough for now. But I'm beyond relieved we won't use him a few times for EPL and maybe José may find a better combo in the squad and stick with it if it works, even after Rami is eligible to play again.

I do believe Lamps and Luiz can partner with Matic now and deliver what we need. My main concern though is if Mourinho decides to bring Mikel instead. Then kill me.

Hopefully no Mikel, but against Arsenal I can see Mou doing the same, but remember the home game against arsenal when Rami was suspended he opted for Luiz lets hope u he does that again

Just saw this article by Graham Poll:

By GRAHAM POLL

PUBLISHED: 07:08 EST, 16 March 2014 | UPDATED: 07:43 EST, 16 March 2014

Chelsea have every right to feel aggrieved with the refereeing of Chris Foy at Villa Park on Saturday evening. Even though the Merseyside referee made two excellent calls his performance overall was not good enough.

There were five massive decisions in the game and all went against the league leaders who have a very poor record when Foy is in charge, having received six red cards in their last eight games officiated by him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2581973/Graham-Poll-Jose-Mourinho-intentionally-got-sent-prove-bias-against-Chelsea.html#ixzz2w85a2Eh2

The only thing that's shocked me about this defeat it's how it's removed the veil off of some people's eyes.

I'm reading some of the comments posted here & in the players' threads and I'm thinking.....have people not been watching our performances all season? Granted it's demoralizing to lose a game at this point in the race but surely people didn't think we would be able to keep scraping by on gift goals? Forget entertaining football, we've lacked quality on the ball.

We literally can't create a clear cut chance except on the counterattack and that's damning considering that the three attacking midfielders we put out yesterday cost a total of 80 million! 80 mill worth of talent, and they don't know how to build one decent attack against a poor side.

That's fucking concerning.

All season I've maintained the opinion that Mourinho has been prioritizing results over anything and given our finish in the league in the past two seasons, I think he's doing the right thing by getting the team competitive again, but next season the football simply has to improve in order for the talents of Oscar and Hazard to translate onto the pitch.

We can go out and spend 50 mill on a striker but if we continue to play the type of football we've played for the majority of the season then whoever we get won't be able to make much of a difference... unless he's superhuman.

Really, with all the panicking... It's hard to see City, even with their quality squad, winning 11 games in a row. How many teams can manage that? And in case they do it - well, that'll be a title-deserving feat.

But a lot depends on our next match. We should be getting 3 points with Arse, otherwise it's pointless to talk about chances.

Really, with all the panicking... It's hard to see City, even with their quality squad, winning 11 games in a row. How many teams can manage that? And in case they do it - well, that'll be a title-deserving feat.

But a lot depends on our next match. We should be getting 3 points with Arse, otherwise it's pointless to talk about chances.

If there is one team tht can do it its city, they have the fire power to pull them through tough times