• Ramires
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Chris Foy (Referee)

Chelsea had two shots on their net, but spent most of the match trying to cut through their backline which is why the shot count was low. Not sure about the handball. It hit Matic chest, deflected to his arm, that is aside & I am not sure whether that is a handball.

William red was soft, but Ramires deserved to be sent off.

Jose had a week to prepare the team. Did he? I am not sure. He must have known, Villa plays the counter, possessions do not win games, but goals do.

NOI it doesnt Steve Im amazed it wa s you that blocked it

Ron, no one blocked the MOTM poll. Steve added Chris Foy at the end as a joke. If you could not see it for sometime, then it must have been your browser or a problem with the forum loading because no one else had this problem.

Quite tragic that we couldn't even score a goal yesterday when Villa have only kept 1 clean sheet in their previous 25 home league games! ONE! :doh:

And that highlights perfectly why there is STILL lots of work to be done in the summer...

After 20 minutes I didn't see us scoring no matter how long the game went on.

I've said it before and will say it again - our INABILITY to score a first half goal COSTS US!

Why?

- Other teams build confidence

- we put ourselves at the mercy of officials

If we had of been 2-0 up after the first half - none of what happened - would have happened.

We need a Striker, a replacement for Ramires and probably ANOTHER no 10 to sit the middle.

Oscar, Hazard and Wiilian were poor, Schurrle was poor - TORRES and BA were both awful.

Whatever playing style we are trying - isn't working...

Ditch this fucking 4-2-3-1 and get a better formation FFS...

Roll on the summer....

Yes, we got some really bad decisions but we've also been on the other end of that this year. It happens. The issue for me is bigger. It's about us playing poorly over and over again and depending on us turning things around in the second half or even requiring some sort of horrible screw-up from the other side to win. We simply have to play better, more consistent football. We were playing a poor team and couldn't control the game or score.

Defended deep? Actually they played with a high line and it worked for them. How many offsides did we have because of that, a hundred?

Don't think you can't defend any deeper than Villa did today. The off-sides you mention took place when we played long and/or recovered the football; when we had possession anywhere Villa had 11 players in their own half and there was no space behind their defense.

Yes, had we played higher on the pitch we'd incur into more risk (spaces behind our own line), but that's the price to win. City does this better than us; they can move their defense line up and pressure these weak sides until they concede.

I guess you were right as I realize what I wrote above defines a high (ish) defense line: high in possession, deeper without.

Certainly higher than ours...

Well they got off-sides b/c Torres can't beat anyone - got no pace.

Yes, we got some really bad decisions but we've also been on the other end of that this year. It happens. The issue for me is bigger. It's about us playing poorly over and over again and depending on us turning things around in the second half or even requiring some sort of horrible screw-up from the other side to win. We simply have to play better, more consistent football. We were playing a poor team and couldn't control the game or score.

Not this way. Like Mourinho said, this was a complete performance of utter bias from Foy and his assistants from minute 1. Not just about Willian's "card". The entire game was a joke.

Interesting, no articles this morning on Chris Foy in the British press, but I guess it's Chelsea, so they don't give a shit. Nothing from Gallagher or Poll. We need more of our people in the media. If this was Man United or Liverpool, there would have been a riot.

Not this way. Like Mourinho said, this was a complete performance of utter bias from Foy and his assistants from minute 1. Not just about Willian's "card". The entire game was a joke.

We've had much more benefit than this. We should have lost against WBA and got a BS penalty from Ramires at the end of the game. Terry got away with a handball in the box against Villa at home which gave us 2 points. Etc...This was a poorly refereed match, but it's hardly some unprecedentedly awful refereeing. We didn't deserve to win.

We've had much more benefit than this. We should have lost against WBA and got a BS penalty from Ramires at the end of the game. Terry got away with a handball in the box against Villa at home which gave us 2 points. Etc...This was a poorly refereed match, but it's hardly some unprecedentedly awful refereeing. We didn't deserve to win.

As opposed to City with a non-existent red card for Rose against Spurs or Tiote's goal being cancelled, or the insane decisions they got against Liverpool. Stop listening to the biased cunts of other clubs that repeat this Chelsea have got decisions myth. Most of our rivals have had even MORE decisions in their favour. Jesus Christ!

As opposed to City with a non-existent red card for Rose against Spurs or Tiote's goal being cancelled, or the insane decisions they got against Liverpool. Stop listening to the biased cunts of other clubs that repeat this Chelsea have got decisions myth. Most of our rivals have had even MORE decisions in their favour. Jesus Christ!

And you're not copying Jose??

We've had more than our fair share of luck this season. That doesn't excuse Foy's performance (he shouldn't ref one of our matches for a long time) but regurgitating the same stuff about there not being enough Chelsea voices in the media is utterly pointless.

That result last night was coming. For far too many matches we've simply not done enough to win and relied on luck or decisions. Last night we didn't get the luck and we certainly didn't get the decisions, and we're not a good enough team to win without one of those.

And you're not copying Jose??

We've had more than our fair share of luck this season. That doesn't excuse Foy's performance (he shouldn't ref one of our matches for a long time) but regurgitating the same stuff about there not being enough Chelsea voices in the media is utterly pointless.

That result last night was coming. For far too many matches we've simply not done enough to win and relied on luck or decisions. Last night we didn't get the luck and we certainly didn't get the decisions, and we're not a good enough team to win without one of those.

Aside from the West Brom game, decisions wise, its just been like any other season. The thing is that when Chelsea get the 50/50 decisions, the press use it as an opportunity to hype it up (like Villa reverse tie, Liverpool) . When we have decisions go against us like yesterday..................silence. Nothing from the papers. This is how they influence the opinions of people who can't think for themselves. Not you in particular, but generally speaking.

Just in the previous game against Spurs, Lloris should have been sent off in the first minute, yet no paper talked about that, just the Kaboul red card. I even heard some biased pundits saying it wasn't a penalty. Two weeks ago, van Persie should have been sent off against West Brom for a CLEAR bookable offense, yet the ref didn't give the yellow. Compare that to Willian yesterday. Suarez's dive against Stoke and many more? How many penalties should Hazard have had this season? It's becoming ridiculous, it's not even funny anymore.

Man City are the team that have benefited the most this season, especially in the big games, like I pointed out above.

The thing is, the football press in England are very clever. They have the ability to twist facts and spread their anti-Chelsea agenda. Chelsea represents new money, Chelsea is managed by Mourinho (cardinal sin), bankrolled by Abramovich, Chelsea is one of the most hated clubs in England. The press give the people what they want to believe about us.

The way the press and football pundits have treated us since Mourinho's return has been very strange. And know they don't "protect" him. Remember the 19th century comment? Or the Wenger comment he was TRICKED into answering so brutally? They even have Chelsea fans turning on Mourinho............ Oh, Chelsea haven't "played well". How can we be on top of the league and not "play" well? It's a paradox. I'm just glad Mourinho didn't give the bastards something to feed on in his press conference.

Sorry for the long post, but that had to be said. Don't be deceived.