• Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Chris Foy (Referee)

To be honest, we had it coming.

Yes, Champions scrap wins like we did in some of our recent matches where we looked appalling, but I think this was our second hardest fixture since we've taken the top position (the hardest being Liverpool).

There was a very slight chance we wouldn't drop points for 10, 11 matches, the same way if very likely that City, Arsenal and Liverpool won't too. I think we lost some of the edge, but we're very much there. The day City has the same amount of matches as we do, we'll see where we really stand (does anyone know where that will be? I've seen one of their postponed matches rescheduled, but only one).

today we weren't as bad as other days, but I think we're too shy and ineffective in the attack. We created absolutely nothing.

We didn't only play with ten, we played against 12 the whole time, and in the first half, against 13. Foy is HIDEOUS, I hate him and have all sort of homicidal feelings towards him.

Our attack was terrible (all of them, without exception) and the day Torres is assured to never wear a Chelsea shirt again, it'll be the happiest for me. I can't with that scum anymore. Oscar and Willian need to get their shit together and Hazard needs to be more objective in matches like this...

I think ponderous is the word you're looking for. We just kept trying to play it over the top and got caught offside way too many times. When we were in possession we werejust ponderous, never looked to be incisive.

I also thought, that even without the goal, Delph was man of the match. He took away a lot of space and made a hell of a lot of tackles

Seriously, nobody wants to criticise Mourinho a bit? Why keep the extremely awful/booked Ramires and Willian on the pitch? I don't understand. Since the moment they scored their goal Ivanovic disappeared from his RB place on the pitch and played upfront instead, WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT?

Foy the twat only made it worse.

Azpilicueta is the ultimate hero.

I agree about keeping ramires on cause he was ticking time bomb. Even though if he could keep his head, he should thrive with his style in situations like this.

But what's wrong with keeping willian on? You can't sub every single player with a card. And Iva went up front because we were just playing long balls. I think the idea was for him and ba to hopefully be able to knock the long balls down and gain chances from that. Make sense to me.

But we get what we deserve in that fact that we never to enough early in games. Never kill anything off. We were in control but didn't do enough with it. We aren't decisive enough but that's not new

No-one wants to say it but it's true.

David Luiz was carrying an injury and CHOSE to go on international duty - Injured.

Ramires simply isn't a good footballer.

Oscar has completely lost form. He's been terrible for a while and offers so little beyond workrate...for Chelsea. For Brazil he still seems good.

Willian....this guy cost the same as Hazard but two goals in twenty league games is just atrocious.

Maybe it's the world cup on the horizon but each of these players needs to wake up.

while I agree that the Brazilians are bad now some of your comments aren't right imo.

A player CANT choose not to show up to NT when they're called - at least not Brazil NT. Either Chelsea should have said he was injured or Felipao should have spared him.

Oscar plays better for Brazil, as much as he would be playing much better if he was still in Brazil or played in let's say Portugal or Spain. The style of the matches is completely different and he has plenty more of space and has to run much less when playing for Brazil. Hinting anything else is unfair.

Willian is a playing adapting to English league after coming from Russia and previously to that Ukraine. Sorry if he doesn't blow your mind in his first season here...

I'm not defending any of them - I agree with the initial comment by Polo7. They've been beyond bad, but lately, so have your comments to be honest (not beyond bad, but still, different, in a bad way). You used to be more levelheaded in your comments, now it seems you're taking the piss about the players. Newsflash: the team isn't ready. Everybody knew it when the season started... it didn't change, although some think we're more than ready. Being there, fighting head to head for the title didn't change the fact our players are young, inexperienced and don't have the winning spirit yet (or character as someone else put). If anything the pressure of nearly making it may make them crumble.

Okay about the game as a whole, did Foy make the call on the Matic handball or was it the blind sided linesmen? After seeing it million times it looked like a handball but only if Foy makes the call.

Doesn't matter, it was a handball simple as that.

Let it all go guys, im also mad but this just wasn't our day.

Tbh, even when the season started i would already sign for a 3rd place finish hands down (looking at our squad). Some points i have:

- We have the best defence in the league but tbh none of them add something going forward. Only Dave offers some kind of threat going forward.

- Matic is a big improvement but he's no Yaya Touré (bombing forward).

- Ramires is a runner but that's the only thing he offers.

- Oscar needs space to be decisive.

- Willian/Hazard are too similar, and i know Hazard is our biggest goal threat but he's not a natural goalscorer ala Ronaldo/Messi. not at a consistent pace.

- Torres... don't get me started on him.

- Schürrle lacks the technical ability and is only usefull against teams that give us acres of space.

All things aside im still positive, and im looking forward to a statement from the lads against Gala.

Doesn't matter, it was a handball simple as that.

I think it does matter. It wasn't a stonewall handball if the linesmen gives it when he's blindsided its a poor decision to award since he couldn't have had a good sight of it.

I think it was Foy anyway, he looked like he awarded the goal and after protest took it away.

Mourinho has to take a big chunk of the blame today. His tactics were poor to say the least.

exactly! Villa defended deep and guess what?! so did we! Sometimes, defending deep isn't the best option because you can't commit players to attack and can't attempt short passes. That's one of the reasons Matic was tired at the end - he was very alone at times in midfield.

Are you fucking kidding me? What would you ave done differently today? Please tell us?

the above.

Are you fucking kidding me? What would you ave done differently today? Please tell us?

I for one would've taken off Willian for Schurrle... That bit us. Its the first decision he's made this season that I questioned.

We were too ponderous when we needed to be direct in attack too.

while I agree that the Brazilians are bad now some of your comments aren't right imo.

A player CANT choose not to show up to NT when they're called - at least not Brazil NT. Either Chelsea should have said he was injured or Felipao should have spared him.

Oscar plays better for Brazil, as much as he would be playing much better if he was still in Brazil or played in let's say Portugal or Spain. The style of the matches is completely different and he has plenty more of space and has to run much less when playing for Brazil. Hinting anything else is unfair.

Willian is a playing adapting to English league after coming from Russia and previously to that Ukraine. Sorry if he doesn't blow your mind in his first season here...

I'm not defending any of them - I agree with the initial comment by Polo7. They've been beyond bad, but lately, so have your comments to be honest (not beyond bad, but still, different, in a bad way). You used to be more levelheaded in your comments, now it seems you're taking the piss about the players. Newsflash: the team isn't ready. Everybody knew it when the season started... it didn't change, although some think we're more than ready. Being there, fighting head to head for the title didn't change the fact our players are young, inexperienced and don't have the winning spirit yet (or character as someone else put). If anything the pressure of nearly making it may make them crumble.

Sorry if I offended you, but I'm just being honest about what I see.

I've defended Oscar, even up until the Fulham game but he's just showing a lack of quality on the ball. He's supposed to be a number 10, he's supposed to be a potential worldie yet he simply doesn't show enough class or composure when on the ball. He looks skittish, jittery and some of his touches are Torres-esque.

Willian is a nice player, he works hard but his contribution to the team offensively is underwhelming. Maybe Hazard is setting the bar too high, but he needs to start chipping in more.

Ramires....not good enough with the ball, inconsistent, dirty, loses his head and a low-iq (that's a polite way of saying stupid) player.

Luiz....said enough about him.

By the way I don't need you to tell me this team isn't ready. I've been saying that all season, that we're a work in progress and that we have glaring problems in the squad but when players take the piss I might reciprocate.

I've given credit to the players who step up week-in and week-out but I don't think I've been unfair or over the top in criticising the ones who under-perform.

For the people who still thinking we would we the title this season!

Man city played Wednesday - three day ago - in UCL, they play again today at 12:45 UK time away from home, they were down to 10 men within 10 minutes, played 80+ minutes without their captain a CB and managed to win the match pretty comfortably (was watching the match!) 2 nil!

On the other hand we had the whole week, rested and was played 17:30 UK time, couldn't manage to create a proper chance for 70 minutes or even threaten a little bit! with a striker who can not touch and hold the damn ball like human being for the entire match! lose one player at the end and we shit in our pants and concede within seconds and we even not playing against a top team.

Who do think would win the title?!

I'm aware referee was cunt!

I agree about keeping ramires on cause he was ticking time bomb. Even though if he could keep his head, he should thrive with his style in situations like this.

But what's wrong with keeping willian on? You can't sub every single player with a card. And Iva went up front because we were just playing long balls. I think the idea was for him and ba to hopefully be able to knock the long balls down and gain chances from that. Make sense to me.

But we get what we deserve in that fact that we never to enough early in games. Never kill anything off. We were in control but didn't do enough with it. We aren't decisive enough but that's not new

That's true, but he was useless, so I'd take him out just for that. Salah wouldn't be any worse.

Iva going upfront didn't make sense to me because this season he's been underwhelming offensively.. so putting him there would only expose our right side, and that's what happened.

Agree with everything else. :)

For the people who still thinking we would win the title this season!

Man city played Wednesday - three day ago - in UCL, they play again today at 12:45 UK time away from home, they were down to 10 men within 10 minutes, played 80+ minutes without their captain a CB and managed to win the match pretty comfortably (was watching the match!) 2 nil!

On the other hand we had the whole week, rested and was played 17:30 UK time, couldn't manage to create a proper chance for 70 minutes or even threaten a little bit! with a striker who can not touch and hold the damn ball like human being for the entire match! lose one player at the end and we shit in our pants and concede within seconds and we even not playing against a top team.

Who do think would win the title?!

I'm aware referee was a cunt!

Just looking at all the decisions that went against us in this game leaves a sore taste in my mouth. I'm not one for conspiracies, but was anybody really surprised how pathetic Foy and the other officials were?

(1)Two times Torres and Hazard were wrongly ruled for offside when through on goal.

(2)The last-ditch fouls on Schurrle and Ramires when they were both through on goal.

(3) The questionable yellows for Willian. Ramires' none existen first yellow.

(4) The 50/50's....So many went against us. Iva did nothing but was called for a foul when in an attacking position. The opposition player clearly jumped on him.

Foy would no doubt be cashing in on his performance tonight. His bets were well in, I'm sure. In a sane world, after such an incompetent performance from a ref and his officials...... in a sane world, they would be investigated for gross incompetence and possible bias.

How many critical decisions did Chris Foy make on the basis of Villa players' reactions? And how many wrong calls from the linesmen?

This is the same bastard that officiated that game against QPR that was basically a carbon copy of this one, in terms of blatant, one-sided decisions.

In 564 games Chris Foy averaged 0.17 red cards a match. In his last 8 Chelsea games he has sent off 5.. This is not a coincidence..... a lot of money involved = a lot of cheatin involved.

We were always going to get one of THESE (rigged) games, and we have to blame ourselves for not killing the game (easier said than done with the likes of Torres upfront) earlier.