Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

What is there to say here ?

All I can say, to those who did not believe Chelsea could win this game.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE CHELSEA.

Also RAFA should be commended for very clever tactics.

The first half Chelsea were waiting, in a bit of defending technique. Then, in the second the team was coming on.

Some might say Benfica was a better team over all but the game of football is played for scored goals. Except from that harsh penalty they did not score.

Therefore, once again I am very happy to see Chelsea end up with the EUROPE LEAGUE TROPHY.

Happy times are here again, my friends.

Get in!!!

That was a proper smash and grab lol we were finding it difficult to string 3 passes together at times.

Luiz and Ramires were astonishingly poor! Luiz is not a midfielder for fucks sake he is a defender and a great one at that. Hope Jose/the next manager realises this.

Anyway the biggest problem is the pivot. In most games we simply can't get a hold of things because there is no balance in any way shape or form

Torres was very good! Had a few great runs down the middle, similar to his goal. We were rubbish going forward so can't blame that on him because there was simply no channel from defence to attack. Held the ball up ok for someone who's not suited for that tactic. His whining may annoy at times, but you can see that it does sway refs to give more fouls in our favour which was badly needed yesterday considering the ref wasn't giving anything to us at all.

BRAN YOU LEGEND WHAT A HEADER!! BEAST!!!

Also, Jorge Jesus can SUCK IT. Fucking arrogant bitter scum

Overjoyed this morning, just delighted to see everyone up there lifting that cup and shoving back in the face of the media and fans alike around England etc who hate us. You cannot deny that we are winners, winners every single season whether people like it or not.

The performance was rank poor IMO but the sheer amount of games played this season sort of evens that out but for long periods we were second best and some of the passing was very sloppy indeed. But once again we come up with the goods and what a header, just sublime from Ivanovic.

I honestly thought Torres was excellent last night, he ran Luisao all over the shop, dumped him on his ass a few times, done him for pace and also looked very sharp on and off the ball. Well done Torres.

Well, the performance was ranked poor, I read above.

What could we have expected when the team already played 63 games, I believe ?

When the team won CL under the park the bus, many of you did not mind. The circumstances called for it, then.

The same should be applied for last night´s game. The team is a very tired bunch & played accordingly, I feel.

Paulo :D

tumblr_mmv1nmVS6p1rf2l7eo2_250.gif

I was lookimg for that GIF, thanks! :D

I thought the ref was shit and it affected both teams. He made the mistake 6 mins in not booking Matic and it was always going to be downhill for him from there. Anyway, thankfully his mistakes did not affect the game too much.