Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Did anyone else notice the referee letting Benfica getting away with murder all match long? They played like dirty cunts and committed plenty of bookable fouls all across the park but were never punished for it. Rafa's lack of subs was also incredibly strange, but who cares :cfc:

did anyone else notice that Benfica played well, showed a lot of skill, took control of the game, were unlucky and wasteful in front of Chelsea's net, and their fans haven't made one negative comment on this thread. Yet you still find things to complain about. Cheers.

did anyone else notice that Benfica played well, showed a lot of skill, took control of the game, were unlucky and wasteful in front of Chelsea's net, and their fans haven't made one negative comment on this thread. Yet you still find things to complain about. Cheers.

Maybe I am biased, but I think most members have been pretty respectful towards the Benfica fans who subscribed.

Anyway, I liked your contribution before and after the match. Posters from other teams who behave this way are always welcome here.

I dont feel pity for them because they were already mocking Porto for not winning the title etc and taking the title as certain, chering before the final games.. i don't like arrogance so..

If you hate JJ you'll love this:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970519_10151899763223906_1155156465_n.jpg

:ph34r:

As a Porto fan I wouldn't expect or want pity from you. Our rivalry doesn't belong in this forum. If you're a Chelsea fan and want to celebrate together that's one thing, but Porto had nothing to do with this game or competition.

Maybe I am biased, but I think most members have been pretty respectful towards the Benfica fans who subscribed.

Anyway, I liked your contribution before and after the match. Posters from opposition teams who behave this way are always welcome here.

Agreed, for the most part everyone here have been great hosts and I appreciate the class shown. My comments weren't meant to generalize everyone's attitude here, it was directed at that particular post.

For the record, I know I kinda represented the opposition in this game but going forward I hope to reprise my role in the ranks of the Chelsea faithful.

The ref was rubbish. First off Ramires committed like 10 fouls and didn't get booked. Matic committed 2 yellow card offences and didn't get booked, and then Luisao on Torres looked like a pen to me. Don't really care now though since we won, but he was frustrating all game.

The ref was rubbish. First off Ramires committed like 10 fouls and didn't get booked. Matic committed 2 yellow card offences and didn't get booked, and then Luisao on Torres looked like a pen to me. Don't really care now though since we won, but he was frustrating all game.

^no surprise really, just the usual nuisance you get from refs. The team accepted it and got on with it, so will we as we once again won against the ref :dance:

did astoundingly else notice that Benfica showed at lot of skill, took control of the game, were unlucky and wasteful in front of Chelsea's net, and their fans haven't made one negative comment on this thread. Yet you still find things to complain about. Cheers.

I never said Benfica didn't play well (because they certainly did). The only thing I said was that Benfica were remarkably dirty and the refereeing was shite, and if this is the type of thing that hurts your feelings, then boo fucking hoo.

Benfica were quite good, but that was expected by me at least. They aren't a Basel/Sparta Prague, they are UCL quality just like we are. I'm glad we had the character to beat them even though the team is obviously on its last legs after such a grueling season.

Chelsea FC certainly has had some dramatic finishes as of late, glad they're finally starting to turn in our favor.

We won the Champions League last season and killed Spurs' chances of playing it this year.

We won the Europa League this season even though Spurs were fancying themselves to win it.

We will be playing Champions League next season, whereas Spurs need Arsenal to fuck up big time.

Fuck you Spurs :D