Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Sit back and enjoy the best 8 pages ever. (Second to us winning it last year)

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/the-europa-league-appreciation-thread.5598/page-8

Did you see the troll who got a ultra-super-fast-mega-bale ban on page 7? :Goober:

Muahahaha

76567450.jpg

Fuck yeaaaaaaaa!!!

Finaly the forum is working again :D

Im sooo happy that memebers with bad feelings were completely wrong :) :)

Lamps with THAT projectile and Iva with top header!!! Torres like his old self (to bad this wont show in next games) but still wow.

Imn first half ww were completely missing, no creativity, no fighting, just sitting on counters...fatigue got to us, but also mentality. Benfica was all over us, but second half we improved largely. Mata started to lead our line, defence was tidy.

Must say that Matic impressed me, he shown a quality of Dm who drives forward and is all over the pitch. He had some bad challenges vs Ramires, but this was final and no time to be friendly. Much better than any DM we have now. He is physicaly superb and his ball control is wonderful too. I will stop praising him now lol :)

I dislike our approach to game I would have to say. We sit back and play on counters but when we have such talented footballers its realy weird. Benfica was technicaly superior and we couldnt make two passes. Hazard was missed, as was midfield destructor/playmaker. This has to improve next year for sure.

BUT what I hate is 80 % people are blaiming us again. That we parked the bus, that we were worse than any team, disgrace to play in finals, realy lucky, etc... :( Again our team gave feeling that we won unattractive and one more year, most of people will see chelsea as Anti-football club... :( fuck off haters!

Truth is that we should dominate the game with players we have (or at least try it) but we didnt. Still we had no Hazard and 70 matches behind, but people wont understand...

But we fucking won the trophy and I couldnt be more happy about it right now, it was nice evening once again, now lets get celebrating :D

Delighted.

In my humble opinion, Benfica outplayed us. We were poor. Had a goal wrongly ruled offside, outplayed us for the majority of the game and generally kept the ball flowing and held onto the ball a lot better than we did. Nevertheless, this is what is so special about us as a club. Our backs may be against the wall but we still somehow manage to pull it out of the bag. 11 trophies in 10 years, the most successful team in England in the last 10 years - what a wonderful achievement.

Torres delightfully surprised me with his excellent performance. I thought he was really good despite lack of service; he still chased a lot of lost causes and took his goal really well - credit to the lad. My man of the match.

Ivanovic, my word, what a header. It was even better than Didier's last season (but obviously didn't mean as much as Didier's did) - the technique, elevation, the way he picked his spot even though there was hardly any pace on the ball was wonderful. Great finish Branislav. Bane was quite solid defensively as well bar that last minute gaff where he was spared his blushes by Cahill who I thought was poor throughout the whole game save his last ditch tackle in the last minute.

We were so lopsided as a team today, had no basic structure in our general play at all - Hazard was a big loss today. However, we still got stuck in and won. This is a winning club - something the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fans are jealous of. Spurs fans have no right to say we have no history when it is a fact that we've won more trophies than them:

United 61

Liverpool 59

Arsenal 39

Chelsea 26

Spurs 24

Who's the small club now Tottenham? Wankers.

Let's end the season on a high and beat Everton on Sunday.

Champions of Europe, we know what we are.