Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Delighted.

In my humble opinion, Benfica outplayed us. We were poor. Had a goal wrongly ruled offside, outplayed us for the majority of the game and generally kept the ball flowing and held onto the ball a lot better than we did. Nevertheless, this is what is so special about us as a club. Our backs may be against the wall but we still somehow manage to pull it out of the bag. 11 trophies in 10 years, the most successful team in England in the last 10 years - what a wonderful achievement.

Torres delightfully surprised me with his excellent performance. I thought he was really good despite lack of service; he still chased a lot of lost causes and took his goal really well - credit to the lad. My man of the match.

Ivanovic, my word, what a header. It was even better than Didier's last season (but obviously didn't mean as much as Didier's did) - the technique, elevation, the way he picked his spot even though there was hardly any pace on the ball was wonderful. Great finish Branislav. Bane was quite solid defensively as well bar that last minute gaff where he was spared his blushes by Cahill who I thought was poor throughout the whole game save his last ditch tackle in the last minute.

We were so lopsided as a team today, had no basic structure in our general play at all - Hazard was a big loss today. However, we still got stuck in and won. This is a winning club - something the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fans are jealous of. Spurs fans have no right to say we have no history when it is a fact that we've won more trophies than them:

United 61

Liverpool 59

Arsenal 39

Chelsea 26

Spurs 24

Who's the small club now Tottenham? Wankers.

Let's end the season on a high and beat Everton on Sunday.

Champions of Europe, we know what we are.

WHat is the exact offside rule?

Is is the whole body, feet, head?

I have no clue.

Delighted.

In my humble opinion, Benfica outplayed us. We were poor. Had a goal wrongly ruled offside, outplayed us for the majority of the game and generally kept the ball flowing and held onto the ball a lot better than we did. Nevertheless, this is what is so special about us as a club. Our backs may be against the wall but we still somehow manage to pull it out of the bag. 11 trophies in 10 years, the most successful team in England in the last 10 years - what a wonderful achievement.

Torres delightfully surprised me with his excellent performance. I thought he was really good despite lack of service; he still chased a lot of lost causes and took his goal really well - credit to the lad. My man of the match.

Ivanovic, my word, what a header. It was even better than Didier's last season (but obviously didn't mean as much as Didier's did) - the technique, elevation, the way he picked his spot even though there was hardly any pace on the ball was wonderful. Great finish Branislav. Bane was quite solid defensively as well bar that last minute gaff where he was spared his blushes by Cahill who I thought was poor throughout the whole game save his last ditch tackle in the last minute.

We were so lopsided as a team today, had no basic structure in our general play at all - Hazard was a big loss today. However, we still got stuck in and won. This is a winning club - something the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fans are jealous of. Spurs fans have no right to say we have no history when it is a fact that we've won more trophies than them:

United 61

Liverpool 59

Arsenal 39

Chelsea 26

Spurs 24

Who's the small club now Tottenham? Wankers.

Let's end the season on a high and beat Everton on Sunday.

Champions of Europe, we know what we are.

The goal was offside, his head was ahead of all the players, it was a tight call but it's offside regardless.

Any part of your body what can score counts as offside.

The goal was offside, his head was ahead of all the players, it was a tight call but it's offside regardless.

Any part of your body what can score counts as offside.

I have no clue.

Fair enough, I didn't see the replay so I thought we were arguably let off - cheers for clearing that up guys. Great call by the lino in that case.

Fair enough, I didn't see the replay so I thought we were arguably let off - cheers for clearing that up guys. Great call by the lino in that case.

Aye, but you where right though, we where definitely the 2nd best team allround. Benfica where very unlucky, I hate the manager but It's been a hard week for them, losing the title and this cup all in one week, must be really hard on the fans.

Aye, but you where right though, we where definitely the 2nd best team allround. Benfica where very unlucky, I hate the manager but It's been a hard week for them, losing the title and this cup all in one week, must be really hard on the fans.

I agree. We need to learn how to pass the ball.

I have no clue.

Any playable part that might be in front of the second-to-last opposition player!

Meaning that if your arm is in front but your body isn't, you are onside. However, if your head/shoulder/foot is in front, you are offside...