Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

I actually think Ba was always going to leave. We need to push the boat out and at least get one MASSIVE striker. With Torres, Ba and Lukaku we don't have that lethal striker at the peak of their prime. Lukaku is still young with no experience at a top team. Ba is a good striker but not what you'd call a superstar elite striker and Torres is not what he once was. We need a top class superstar striker at the peak of their prime. The only man that suits that now is Cavani. I think we'll go all out for him now. There aren't many more options unless we go for Zlatan.

He just signed 6 months ago and still has 3 years on his contract. Why would he leave now?

because he won't be playing much, especially if we sign a better striker, which is very likely. Even if we don't though, Lukaku needs matches and has the potential to be a hell lot better than Ba.

He may well choose confort and not move, but I doubt he will be happy not playing. He just isn't good enough for Chelsea and I thought buying him was a mistake back then. Could have gotten a younger player, perhaps even on loan.

because he won't be playing much, especially if we sign a better striker, which is very likely. Even if we don't though, Lukaku needs matches and has the potential to be a hell lot better than Ba.

He may well choose confort and not move, but I doubt he will be happy not playing. He just isn't good enough for Chelsea and I thought buying him was a mistake back then. Could have gotten a younger player, perhaps even on loan.

Lukaku and Torres have a similar playing style. They both like to play on the counter and run at defenders. Ba on the other hand is our only target man and our best striker at hold up play. He gives Jose a different tactical option. I think he will get playing time, especially against weaker teams that park the bus.

Lukaku and Torres have a similar playing style. They both like to play on the counter and run at defenders. Ba on the other hand is our only target man and our best striker at hold up play. He gives Jose a different tactical option. I think he will get playing time, especially against weaker teams that park the bus.

Disagree. Ba is a mediocre player with little mobility and poor technique. Yes, he can play target man, but that's a striker for smaller sides. Andy Carroll can do that too.

I just don't see us winning anything by starting a player like Demba Ba in many matches.