Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

2004/05: Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Kezman

2005/06: Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Crespo

2006/07: Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou

Even at Inter...

2008/09: Ibrahimovic, Balotelli, Adriano

2009/10: Milito, Eto'o, Balotelli

There's quality and more important quantity in there and even the supposed 3rd choice STs got a fair amount of game time throughout the season, scoring a few goals. Admittedly, Mourinho did play some of them out of position sometimes and despite the STs being played out of position, Jose was still able to ensure they perform as effectively as possible and do the necessary job if/when needed. Worth remembering that Ba was used out wide and also played behind Cisse numerous times at Newcastle.

04/05 and 05/06 - Eidur played all over the place and not exclusively as striker. 06/07 - Kalou played a lot of games out wide.

08/09 and 09/10 - Balotelli was around 19 under Mourinho, they got him when he was 15 so he was basically a youth team player, and he made many appearances as a substitute. While Eto'o played every time on the wings.

So you pretty much proved my point lol, it's impossible to keep 3 strikers happy unless at least 1 of them is able to do a job in another positon. Ba was shit on the wings at Newcastle and hardly scored btw.

04/05 and 05/06 - Eidur played all over the place and not exclusively as striker. 06/07 - Kalou played a lot of games out wide.

08/09 and 09/10 - Balotelli was around 19 under Mourinho, they got him when he was 15 so he was basically a youth team player, and he made many appearances as a substitute. While Eto'o played every time on the wings.

So you pretty much proved my point lol, it's impossible to keep 3 strikers happy unless at least 1 of them is able to do a job in another positon. Ba was shit on the wings at Newcastle and hardly scored btw.

Yes I realized that and I did acknowledge that point in the post. Having the numbers and options are also important and that has been the preference of Jose. And mind you, Eto'o was hardly brilliant in anyway or even Balotelli when they played out wide but Jose got them to do the necessary job effectively when needed. Ba can do that if needed. That was my point. You're making it sound like it's totally difficult or even near impossible to have 3 STs when it won't be a big problem. Won't go into it again but already made my point clear and benefits of having 3 STs.

Who cares about if they are all happy?

This is Chelsea FC not Happiness FC. The best will play, those who aren't will sit the bench and have to compete. Their personal happiness is irrelevant if they buy into the team concept.

Yes I realized that and I did acknowledge that point in the post. Having the numbers and options are also important and that has been the preference of Jose. And mind you, Eto'o was hardly brilliant in anyway or even Balotelli when they played out wide but Jose got them to do the necessary job effectively when needed. Ba can do that if needed. That was my point. You're making it sound like it's totally difficult or even near impossible to have 3 STs when it won't be a big problem. Won't go into it again but already made my point clear and benefits of having 3 STs.

If the 3 strikers are Cavani, Lukaku and Ba then it's ridiculous imo, because they can't contribute positively anywhere else. Cavani though tbf can do an 'Eto'o' and work very hard on the wings, but we won't be paying that much money to play him there while an inferior player plays upfront lol. If say we sign someone like Jovetic - unlikely - he can start as main striker, play behind the main striker or even on the wings. Anyway yeah i'm done with this discussion, we will see what Mourinho does :P

This is Chelsea FC not Happiness FC. The best will play, those who aren't will sit the bench and have to compete. Their personal happiness is irrelevant if they buy into the team concept.

It's better for the team if most of the players are happy. It's why people like Anelka and Alex were shipped off, due to their unhappiness with their role in the team.

If the 3 strikers are Cavani, Lukaku and Ba then it's ridiculous imo, because they can't contribute positively anywhere else. Cavani though tbf can do an 'Eto'o' and work very hard on the wings, but we won't be paying that much money to play him there while an inferior player plays upfront lol. If say we sign someone like Jovetic - unlikely - he can start as main striker, play behind the main striker or even on the wings. Anyway yeah i'm done with this discussion, we will what Mourinho does :P

Me too. Agree to disagree then, till something about it happens again that one of us doesn't like. :lol:

Where the hell are people plucking this Torres shirt sale figure from? Torres has not made CFC hundreds of millions of profit in shirt sales. That's nonsense.

People just bringing it up for the sake of it.

They thought they heard it from somewhere but have no solid evidence to support their arguments.

Anything to defend Torres.

Where the hell are people plucking this Torres shirt sale figure from? Torres has not made CFC hundreds of millions of profit in shirt sales. That's nonsense.

Yeah but then there on TUMBLR there are like millions of Torres fan girls. #brbfapping

People just bringing it up for the sake of it.

They thought they heard it from somewhere but have no solid evidence to support their arguments.

Anything to defend Torres.

Torres has generated more revenue for the club than any other player in the squad since he's signed.

This is well known.

Is Lukaku currently a better player than Ba?

No chance in my opinion. Despite his stellar season for WBA he still remains raw and underdeveloped in several facets of his game. While Demba was always a consistent goalscorer wherever he's played (West Ham, Newcastle & Hoffenheim) and we haven't played to his strengths nor any other striker for that matter.

I'd prefer we keep Ba and loan Lukaku out for another season. Still not convinced Lukaku is a reliable option for a club of our aspirations YET and out of all the Belgians on our books he's the one I'm least confident about

That's if we do indeed sign Cavani of course.

Mourinho came back because he's the "Happy One" :(

Is Lukaku currently a better player than Ba?

No chance in my opinion. Despite his stellar season for WBA he still remains raw and underdeveloped in several facets of his game. While Demba was always a consistent goalscorer wherever he's played (West Ham, Newcastle & Hoffenheim) and we haven't played to his strengths nor any other striker for that matter.

I'd prefer we keep Ba and loan Lukaku out for another season. Still not convinced Lukaku is a reliable option for a club of our aspirations YET and out of all the Belgians on our books he's the one I'm least confident about

That's if we do indeed sign Cavani of course.

That is the closest to a troll post but not exactly being one I have ever come across :D

Torres has generated more revenue for the club than any other player in the squad since he's signed.

This is well known.

No the hell he hasn't.

If any one player has generated the most revenue it is Drogba because he won the damn Champions League for us. And all the money we got for winning it and being in it the next season is far more than whatever Torres has generated with his stupid kit sales

No the hell he hasn't.

If any one player has generated the most revenue it is Drogba because he won the damn Champions League for us. And all the money we got for winning it and being in it the next season is far more than whatever Torres has generated with his stupid kit sales

Butttt he got us the corner... :Goober:

No the hell he hasn't.If any one player has generated the most revenue it is Drogba because he won the damn Champions League for us. And all the money we got for winning it and being in it the next season is far more than whatever Torres has generated with his stupid kit sales

Bizzare post.

If that's the case then Cech generated the most revenue by bailing the team out in the final.

Or Ramires and Torres goals in the previous round.

It's clear you despise the player though. Hope you didn't cheer his goals in Amsterdam and Barcelona.

That is the closest to a troll post but not exactly being one I have ever come across :D

De Bruyne and Courtois are both starter quality while Lukaku in my opinion still needs more experience.

Lukaku still isn't better than Ba and another loan would do him good. Hopefully, Jose doesn't cave into fan pressure and sees he's still a flawed player.

Lukaku is better than both Ba and Torres

Ba is better than Torres so he would be a good back up

Moses is better than Torres so he would be a decent emergency option

Feruz is better than Torres

Torres is good for a Championship level club about QPR's level.