Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Demba Ba faces Chelsea axe as Jose Mourinho looks to shake up striker options

Blues ready to dump £7m striker after only five months at Stamford Bridge

Striker Ba will be a ­surprise casualty of ­Mourinho’s return to ­Chelsea unless he can dramatically change his new manager’s mind.

But Chelsea will also ­listen to offers for Ba, even though he only signed for £7million from Newcastle in January.

Chelsea know they can make a healthy profit on Ba, having signed the 28-year-old on the cheap because of a clause in his Newcastle contract.

And there would be no shortage of takers from home and abroad, with Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain known admirers.

There would also be strong interest from Turkey and Russia.

I always thought it was very unrealistic that we'd sell him after just half a season. But from the article, it seems like selling Torres is the priority.

I always thought it was very unrealistic that we'd sell him after just half a season. But from the article, it seems like selling Torres is the priority.

Jarosik and Maniche were both players that were bought under Mourinho and sold after 4 or 5 months.

So Torres is good enough now? In what sense isn't Ba good enough? You do realise that players can be off form?

Sure Torres has been marginally better than Ba over the last month or so but I seriously hope you aren't forgetting all of his games before that. To do that is quite fickle IMO.

Forget the price, Torres is better than Ba and thats a fact.

Ba scored 2 goals in 14 PL games, do you think thats good enough? 6 goals in 22 games in all competitions?

I dont care about the player form before joining the club, Torres before Chelsea was the best in his position. So one of the most nonsensical things I read in this forum is people saying that, beyond doubt, Ba is a better player than Torres.

Cavani>Torres>Lukaku

I dont really see the need of Ba.

Come on, you're being naive. Okay, Ba hasn't been that good for Chelsea but if you think Torres is better than Ba then you must've been sleeping for the last two and a half years.

Forgetting the price, Ba has been a much better striker than Torres over the last 2 and a half years, that's fact. Torres was not the best striker before he joined Chelsea, that's nonsense. I love how people are willing to forget how garbage Torres has been over the last 2 and a half years but when Ba has a rough 6 months with us it's easy to write him off.

Anelka was exactly the same when he joined us in January 2008 and guess what? He finished top scorer in the league the season after, after he had a proper pre-season with the team.

Again, I love how you're saying "forget the stats" but then being them up for your convenience when it comes to your argument against Ba. Ba has scores 2 in 14? Torres has 8 in 36. To even say Torres has been better than Lukaku last season is absolutely laughable.

You can't just forget their wages or prices either. Ba was brought to be the 2nd/3rd choice striker, whilst Torres was bought to be the leading striker. You can't have a £50m who's on £175k a week as your 2nd choice striker. That's nonsense.

Ba's been off form in his last couple of games so it's easy for people to look at him and write him off. Torres has ended the season quite well and people are willing to forget his whole time here. It's nothing short of delusional I think.

Let's just sell Torres & Ba..cause at the end of the day, Ba is at best a 15 goal a season striker...and Torres..well he just needs to leave.

Then our forwards for next season could be: Cavani, Lukaku, Schurrle.

Let's just sell Torres & Ba..cause at the end of the day, Ba is at best a 15 goal a season striker...and Torres..well he just needs to leave.

If Ba has a good season, he can easily grab 15 a season yeah, which is good for a second choice striker I think.

It's down to Mourinho, but if we are choosing to sell between Torres and Ba then obviously we need to move on the former first. Not even a question about that in my opinion.

Madness. That's like saying Ancelotti should have gotten rid of Anelka and Kalou because they're only good enough for 15 goals a season :lol:

:doh:

What's wrong with 15-goals a season? :lol:. Like I said in the Moses thread, we need guys like this when it gets to the period of the season where it's been over 40 games and you need the squad players to come in and fill the void when the rest are suffering from fatigue. And if those players grab you 15-goals as a squad player.. Well how can we complain?

Oh joy. If we get Cavani in and sell Ba because of it, we then would have a player earning 175k p/w wages warming the bench every week...

Gotta applaud that idiotic decision made by the board to pay the flop blondie that much wages for a week!

Come on, you're being naive. Okay, Ba hasn't been that good for Chelsea but if you think Torres is better than Ba then you must've been sleeping for the last two and a half years.

Forgetting the price, Ba has been a much better striker than Torres over the last 2 and a half years, that's fact. Torres was not the best striker before he joined Chelsea, that's nonsense. I love how people are willing to forget how garbage Torres has been over the last 2 and a half years but when Ba has a rough 6 months with us it's easy to write him off.

Anelka was exactly the same when he joined us in January 2008 and guess what? He finished top scorer in the league the season after, after he had a proper pre-season with the team.

Again, I love how you're saying "forget the stats" but then being them up for your convenience when it comes to your argument against Ba. Ba has scores 2 in 14? Torres has 8 in 36. To even say Torres has been better than Lukaku last season is absolutely laughable.

You can't just forget their wages or prices either. Ba was brought to be the 2nd/3rd choice striker, whilst Torres was bought to be the leading striker. You can't have a £50m who's on £175k a week as your 2nd choice striker. That's nonsense.

Ba's been off form in his last couple of games so it's easy for people to look at him and write him off. Torres has ended the season quite well and people are willing to forget his whole time here. It's nothing short of delusional I think.

I dont care about what Ba did in last 2 years, Im discussing his Chelsea career. Ba has been out of form since joining Chelsea.

This. Always wasting chances and falling over like every game, smh. If Lukaku is going to stay, then we don't need him or Torres.

And if he were to get injured? We'd only have one recognized striker (assuming we sign Cavani)

This. Always wasting chances and falling over like every game, smh. If Lukaku is going to stay, then we don't need him or Torres.

But why not? If he is willing (which I'm sure he is) to accept 3rd choice, why sell him?

Remember it's not like we're asking to lead the line week in and week out, let's say Lukaku picks up a knock and Cavani needs to be rested (which will surely happen as the season unfolds) surely Ba would be able to do a job.

Edit: LDN beat me to it.