Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Disagree. Ba is a mediocre player with little mobility and poor technique. Yes, he can play target man, but that's a striker for smaller sides. Andy Carroll can do that too.

I just don't see us winning anything by starting a player like Demba Ba in many matches.

But you see us winning by starting Torres and Lukaku?! Ba is by no means world-class, but mediocre is extremely harsh. He is a prolific goal scorer. We won a lot of games with him starting last season include knocking the eventual champions out of the FA cup.

But you see us winning by starting Torres and Lukaku?! Ba is by no means world-class, but mediocre is extremely harsh. He is a prolific goal scorer. We won a lot of games with him starting last season include knocking the eventual champions out of the FA cup.

good point, but we know we are stuck with Torres. And TBH Torres has better technique, even though not as good as goal scorer (as Ba). Yes, we did win a few matches with Ba, until he stopped scoring, in which case his contribution to the team is worse than Torres'.

Lukaku is too good a prospect not to give him games. So, Ba is going to go because we can sell him and we need to sell one of the two 'not good enough' strikers we've got.

Truth is Ba is at the bottom of the pecking order of our strikers atm, therefore it's not really a surprise Jose is looking to sale him, should we buy another forward. Lukaku did a fantastic job in WBA to deserve his place in our squad for this season, while Torres is kinda untouchable with his wages, which I doubt we'll find a team that is willing/have the ability to match them.

How so? When Ba isn't scoring the goals, he still gave just that little bit more than Torres to the team. He still make threatening runs in and around the opposition's defence and offer better off the ball movements (think how he got into positions to score but just didn't). And not to mention, his hold up play is so much better than Torres's in helping us keep the ball, win free kicks and bring others into play. With Torres, he's like a statue upfront who doesn't move and more often than not, get bullied off the ball far too easily.

Too easy for people to completely missed these aspects just because Ba hasn't scored a lot. It's just like how people are wanking over Torres because he scored a few goals past average to poor oppositions in the Europa League and Confederations Cup when in actual fact, his performances have hardly even been average to say the least. His goals has masked his poor performances such as when he did play in the Premier League against better oppositions, he hardly ever looked like scoring and of course, he went 4 1/2 months before knocking one past an opposition!

Yeah, sorry, I just don't see it. I see him as a good striker for a mid size team and one who should be nowhere near Chelsea starting XI. He's so poor on the ball for me; his first touch is poor, as is his link up play. Yes, he is a good finisher, which includes movement and positionion, but that's about it.

We keep going back to Torres every time we talk about Ba, which should be very telling. Neither is good enough, and we are going to sell the one that can be sold, so our younger (huge) prospect gets more games; it's that simple.

Truth is Ba is at the bottom of the pecking order of our strikers atm, therefore it's not really a surprise Jose is looking to sale him, should we buy another forward. Lukaku did a fantastic job in WBA to deserve his place in our squad for this season, while Torres is kinda untouchable with his wages, which I doubt we'll find a team that is willing/have the ability to match them.

Actually Ba isn't being sold because he's bottom of the pecking of our strikers at the moment. It's because of the reason you mentioned with Torres there. Nobody would be willing to pay his wages and fees while Ba is on lower wages and wouldn't require a high fee to get him.

Yeah, sorry, I just don't see it. I see him as a good striker for a mid size team and one who should be nowhere near Chelsea starting XI. He's so poor on the ball for me; his first touch is poor, as is his link up play. Yes, he is a good finisher, which includes movement and positionion, but that's about it.

We keep going back to Torres every time we talk about Ba, which should be very telling. Neither is good enough, and we are going to sell the one that can be sold, so our younger (huge) prospect gets more games; it's that simple.

Nobody is saying Ba should stay be our No.1 ST in the starting XI. People are basically saying he will be a decent option as 2nd or 3rd choice to use against lower rank oppositions but the tragic thing here is Ba will probably be sold only because it's easier to do so compared to Torres.

It's funny how people go on and on about Mourinho will improve Lukaku, get Torres back to somewhere near his best form but yet, nothing similar or same is said about Ba. He has showed what's he got at West Ham and Newcastle. Ba didn't suddenly just become a bad player because he joined us or like some of his games made it out to be. Someone like Mourinho can get more out of Ba especially when you consider he isn't a washed up striker like some flop blondie.

good point, but we know we are stuck with Torres. And TBH Torres has better technique, even though not as good as goal scorer (as Ba). Yes, we did win a few matches with Ba, until he stopped scoring, in which case his contribution to the team is worse than Torres'.

Lukaku is too good a prospect not to give him games. So, Ba is going to go because we can sell him and we need to sell one of the two 'not good enough' strikers we've got.

But I don't think that one has to go. Jose can rotate them just like he rotated Dorgba, Crespo, Gudjohnsen in the 05-06 season.

when chasing a game, more often than not, it comes to target-man tactics. would keep him around to throw on as a late- game changer. add a bit of presence up-front.

Besides Rooney at United and Dzeko at City, Ba is, by some distance, the next-best second-choice striker in the Premier League. We haven't even given him a real shot, yet. I genuinely think he could do a job for us as an option from the bench, or to be rotated alongside Lukaku and Torres. He brings us a different dimension as he is very, very good as a long-ball target.

Actually Ba isn't being sold because he's bottom of the pecking of our strikers at the moment. It's because of the reason you mentioned with Torres there. Nobody would be willing to pay his wages and fees while Ba is on lower wages and wouldn't require a high fee to get him.

Exactly .... Why not ship of Torres to Russia?

Ow yes .... it may be too cold for him....

Damned. I want him at Anzhi.

^^ fact we bring Torres so much into this discussion is not good for Ba.

Nobody is saying Ba should stay be our No.1 ST in the starting XI. People are basically saying he will be a decent option as 2nd or 3rd choice to use against lower rank oppositions but the tragic thing here is Ba will probably be sold only because it's easier to do so compared to Torres.

It's funny how people go on and on about Mourinho will improve Lukaku, get Torres back to somewhere near his best form but yet, nothing similar or same is said about Ba. He has showed what's he got at West Ham and Newcastle. Ba didn't suddenly just become a bad player because he joined us or like some of his games made it out to be. Someone like Mourinho can get more out of Ba especially when you consider he isn't a washed up striker like some flop blondie.

Fine with your other points, but disagree on Ba's potential.

What you see is what you get with Ba. As bad as Torres has been, Torres was, once, world class, which is something Ba will never be. I don't need a season or two with Mourinho to find out our 27-28 squad player cannot develop much further. I'd be more willing to believe, however unlikely, in a Torres' return to form than on Ba becoming a world class striker.

Lukaku is 19/20 how much he can develop is unknown to most people--not really comparable to the other two.

I don't even rate Ba that highly as a Target Man; he goes to the ground too often and does not cause enough trouble, physically, to opponent's defense.

If we rotating Ba, that means he'd be starting matches, which is exactly the problem IMO.

Fine with your other points, but disagree on Ba's potential.

What you see is what you get with Ba. As bad as Torres has been, Torres was, once, world class, which is something Ba will never be. I don't need a season or two with Mourinho to find out our 27-28 squad player cannot develop much further. I'd be more willing to believe, however unlikely, in a Torres' return to form than on Ba becoming a world class striker.

It's not about potential here. It's about Mourinho getting Ba back to what he did best for his previous clubs and extracting just that little more out of him. Yes, he wasn't a world class player like Torres once was but Ba is effective at what he does - scoring goals(and more) - like he has shown in the past. Unlike Torres, Ba has a good mentality and strong character. It will be easier for Mourinho to work with him and get him back to his previous form, even as a squad player. Many managers have come and gone failing to get Torres into any sort of form or consistency throughout a season. Mourinho is great but not god. He can't do much if a player like Torres is already well on a decline and showed many signs that he can't be helped anymore.

It's not about potential here. It's about Mourinho getting Ba back to what he did best for his previous clubs and extracting just that little more out of him. Yes, he wasn't a world class player like Torres once was but Ba is effective at what he does - scoring goals(and more) - like he has shown in the past. Unlike Torres, Ba has a good mentality and strong character. It will be easier for Mourinho to work with him and get him back to his previous form, even as a squad player. Many managers have come and gone failing to get Torres into any sort of form or consistency throughout a season. Mourinho is great but not god. He can't do much if a player like Torres is already well on a decline and showed many signs that he can't be helped anymore.

I see absolutely no evidence of him having good mentality, and by that I mean winning mentality. Actually, I think he is WAY too nice when he plays... A guy of his build should be making the life of defenders a living hell, if for no other reason to help his teammates find space. Yet, when I watch him play I see a player who plays fair, composed, but does not go the extra mile to help his team. He also goes to the ground way too often.

That's not the type of player you need to win the big matches. I'd be extremely surprised if Mourinho uses Ba in any significant way next season. Hardly a player of the caliber or characteristics he's been using lately.

I see absolutely no evidence of him having good mentality, and by that I mean winning mentality. Actually, I think he is WAY too nice when he plays... A guy of his build should be making the life of defenders a living hell, if for no other reason to help his teammates find space. Yet, when I watch him play I see a player who plays fair, composed, but does not go the extra mile to help his team. He also goes to the ground way too often.

That's not the type of player you need to win the big matches. I'd be extremely surprised if Mourinho uses Ba in any significant way next season. Hardly a player of the caliber or characteristics he's been using lately.

No offence or anything but I'm not sure if you watched the right Ba or you have just confused yourself with Torres...