Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

And if he were to get injured? We'd only have one recognized striker (assuming we sign Cavani)

Get someone from the reserves to back up the main striker till he returns. We don't need to waste wages and non HG spot on a 3rd choice striker who will rarely play. Barring injury, 2 strikers is perfectly fine.

But why not? If he is willing (which I'm sure he is) to accept 3rd choice, why sell him?

Remember it's not like we're asking to lead the line week in and week out, let's say Lukaku picks up a knock and Cavani needs to be rested (which will surely happen as the season unfolds) surely Ba would be able to do a job.

Edit: LDN beat me to it.

Real Madrid have had only Benz and Higuain the past couple seasons, and whenever one is unable to play they get Morata from the Castilla. There's no reason why we can't do the same.

Also, Schurrle is another option.

People are missing the obvious point that Torres cannot be sold for a profit; and I am not talking about the amount paid to liverpool, I'm talking about what we'd have to pay him until 2016 to cover his wages (wherever he goes).

nice explanation here: http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/6/8/4408864/can-chelsea-sell-fernando-torres

The same physical presence Ba offers (questionable as he does goes to the ground a lot) we can get from Lukaku (perhaps better). Ba does score goals, but in this day of age with the likes Lewa, Aguero leading attacks I reckon a club like Chelsea cannot start a simple old-fashioned striker like Ba.

Now, if neither Torres or Ba is good enough, why would we sell Ba? Well, because Ba *can* be sold and for profit considering we've oly paid 7m for him.

Now, if neither Torres or Ba is good enough, why would we sell Ba? Well, because Ba *can* be sold and for profit considering we've oly paid 7m for him.

And that profit would be used in paying torres his wages while he sulks on the bench or reserves.

Real Madrid have had only Benz and Higuain the past couple seasons, and whenever one is unable to play they get Morata from the Castilla. There's no reason why we can't do the same.

Also, Schurrle is another option.

The problems we faced were lack of depth and quality off the bench. By getting rid of Ba we lose both. And if we plan on challenging on all fronts we need as much depth as we can reasonably have, not to mention by keeping Ba around it would offer a nice spirit of competition. That all top clubs need to have.

People are missing the obvious point that Torres cannot be sold for a profit; and I am not talking about the amount paid to liverpool, I'm talking about what we'd have to pay him until 2016 to cover his wages (wherever he goes).

nice explanation here: http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/6/8/4408864/can-chelsea-sell-fernando-torres

The same physical presence Ba offers (questionable as he does goes to the ground a lot) we can get from Lukaku (perhaps better). Ba does score goals, but in this day of age with the likes Lewa, Aguero leading attacks I reckon a club like Chelsea cannot start a simple old-fashioned striker like Ba.

You just missed that Torres already has payed off his price tag, by "selling shirts" a couple of times. His shirt is one of the most selling in the world. This argument for the price of the players is unvallid. And getting ridiculous. If we didn't have the money, we just wont pay the price nor the wages!

Oh, And BA is SHIT!

You just missed that Torres already has payed off his price tag, by "selling shirts" a couple of times. His shirt is one of the most selling in the world. This argument for the price of the players is unvallid. And getting ridiculous. If we didn't have the money, we just wont pay the price nor the wages!

Oh, And BA is SHIT!

So, that is where we are at now...buy (rubbish) players like Torres just to sell shirts? :doh:

We pretty much did it with Ballack...and he was pretty average for the most part.

Average? Ballack had way more impact than Torres has in his 2 1/2 years. Right now, the only supposed good thing that Torres is giving us is he's selling t-shirts yet (ultimately!) not producing it on the pitch consistently and we're suffering because of it!

So, that is where we are at now...buy (rubbish) players like Torres just to sell shirts? :doh:

No mate, I'm not commenting what kind of player Torres is for Chelsea. I simply post that this with the massive price tag and wages is non valid point, because he already payed it off just because he is a Chelsea players. I can't deny that Fernando is not at his best, or even shit at this time with Chelsea. But when we bought him he was the best centre forward in the world. No body back then even heard of Cavani's or Facao's! I dont think that cheap player like Ba did us more good on the field than Torres did. It's just mine opinion. Sorry if it's not popular.

Average? Ballack had way more impact than Torres has in his 2 1/2 years. Right now, the only supposed good thing that Torres is giving us is he's selling t-shirts yet (ultimately!) not producing it on the pitch consistently and we're suffering because of it!

My point is that Torres is not exactly the first player we brought and kept where merchandise sales was an influence the decision even if (as with both Torres and Ballack) their performance did not justify the transfer and wages we paid them

Surely we should actually see him under a proper good manager before discussing whether he should leave or not..

If Torres can't succeed under Benitez he can't succeed under anyone. Mourinho is the special one, but he isn't God. Torres is a lost cause.

Surely we should actually see him under a proper good manager before discussing whether he should leave or not..

Under that theory we should give Essien another chance to prove he can get back to his old self, when a player is finished they are finished.

Why does near enough every single Chelsea fan accept Essien is done yet some still harbour this false hope for Torres?

Torres either leaves or plays a Kaka style bit part role.