David Luiz

the wes

With the money we have available now (Mou said around 30) and with 40 from Luiz we could get Rooney, Hummels and another CB or even DDR.

Fair enough if ppl don't want it but no way it's stupid. No way.

Edit: if Mou at the same time doesn't fancy Luiz that much (I think he is worried about his discipline) it just makes even more sense.

Luiz was better than Hummels last season. Hummels had a very poor season last year. Just don't see the benefit in swapping Luiz for Hummels because as a defender it's not that big of a difference and secondly Luiz is so popular at the club. Furthermore, Dortmund won't sell Hummels either. It's another thing if you need the money for another position if you think there is a surplus at CB but to sell your best CB to finance a move for another CB makes no sense to me.

Well, I think Hummels is a better CB than Luiz. Obviously I wouldn't sell Luiz unless we were sure that we could buy Hummels.

I'm not saying that I want us to sell Luiz just for the sake of selling him. All I'm saying is that 40 mio. is a lot of money and if the offer is real we

should consider it. I love Luiz though and I wouldn't mind him staying at all - don't get me wrong.

Well he was hardly given the platform to shine like he has at benfica

He had more than enough chances to prove his worth. We see just the games, the management also see the training session. No one at all could've predicted how good he'd turn out. Anyone that says they did is liar.

No he didn't. Someone 6'4 and as technically gifted as Matic never should have been sold so soon. Wasnt given anywhere enough time to prove himself here.

And people want Hummels here? LOOOOOOOLLLL

He's just as error prone as Luiz is and he lacks the athleticism Luiz has. What would be the point?

We're simply not a selling club under Roman. What's the point of selling your best players regardless of the offer when you have almost unlimited money?

We're not paying above £30m for Rooney simply because he's not worth that much not because we can't afford him.

Gilvorak - you don't know when I started watching football and it's a little bit childish to write what you do just because some ppl have another opinion than you. Why are you even on a football forum if you turn emo everytime someone has something to say that doesn't fit with what you think? Grow up man.

If Luiz played for another club, we'd have a 300 page thread about him in the Transfer Talk section with the half the posts begging Roman to pay his 40m release clause or something.

The problem with selling Luiz, is that, already, he's our only CB who's good enough to be a starter for a team with Chelsea's aspirations. Now, we can do with Iva and Terry when fit partnering Luiz for this season, but we definitely need a to buy a top CB in the future. Selling Luiz would first be suicidal for our title hopes this season as there are no available replacements atm in the market, and it would also mean that we'd have to buy two top CBs within the next year.

of all our defenders he is the VERY last I would sell ...little wonder the top clubs want him

He had more than enough chances to prove his worth. We see just the games, the management also see the training session. No one at all could've predicted how good he'd turn out. Anyone that says they did is liar.

check back ..a number of members myself included rated Matic very highly

I strongly doubt that Bayern really offer 47m € for David Luiz. It would be a German record transfer fee. Even though an amazing player, he is not worth so much money. But as stated above he is one of the world's best centrebacks and so important to us cos he is the most all-round skilled defender we got. also it is not we got too many classy centrebacks while there are no equivalent replacements on the market. Anyway, if Bayern come up with stupid money - i doubt they will even come up with reasonable money - I honestly would consider to accept. For 50m or so we could buy an army of good centrebacks and some of them would probably turn out great.