David Luiz

the wes

He played out of position in midfield, but to call the experiment a failure is complete bollocks (shocker). He provided us something we were lacking in that midfield and that was passion and drive. He didn't have the fitness levels required but he still stepped up when other players in that position showed a distinct lack of drive, passion and bollocks at times.

He is still very much a CB but he showed his true colours last season when he did a job he wasn't familiar with to the best of his abilities which is why he gets so much love from the fans (and is also the reason other players simply don't receive the same level of affection within Stamford Bridge).

Exactly. You can say that he has not been sufficiently tested vs the top teams while playing in the pivot. That would be sensible.

But to say, 'david luiz in midfield' experiment failed is downright stupidity.

I would be really upset if DL4 left. He's just too good.

Just look at his hair and tell me you don't want that around CFC.

hair today ..gone tomorrow ..BUT I want him here for a long time .. He can become our leader and a legend ,,, FOB

slika-_original-1374074988-914133.jpg

Luiz is a joker, took exact picture. :)

Remember the time when Brazil was considered the best offensive side but lacked true defenders ?

Well 10 years later they undoubtedly have the best pair of CB a team can dream of ...

Anyway, Thiago Silva is a god on the pitch but I just can't get used to his baby face :lol:

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-psg-40-millions-pour-david-luiz111138

According to this link, PSG have offered €40m for David Luiz

That's some serious money if true. I want him to stay, but for that amount of money... I just don't know.

40M is huge money, but will we be able to find a great replacement for less money?

When we look at the buy out clause of some of them... 45 for Mangala (and they won't sold him for less) i don't think this would be a smart move right now, unless if David really want to leave.

If he want to join Silva and request a transfer, so we should agree that fee

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-psg-40-millions-pour-david-luiz111138

If its true, i dont belive its relevant, they just about to sign Marqinhos. He probably was the 2nd option after Luiz.

That's a great fee, BUT I guess a lot of Chels fans are pissed with them for scuppering our other transfers deals. I know I am at any rate

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-jose-mourinho-demands-loyalty-2062822

Mourinho insisted that nothing will make him even consider parting Mata or Luiz - and that they don’t need telling because they already know where they stand.

“I spoke with them during the summer, when I was on holiday and they were both at the Confederations Cup,” said Mourinho.

“But when they finished the Confederations Cup I just wished them luck and told them that I will see them on July 28th.

“I am not going to contact them based on news stories that are not true.

“And they know that the stories are not true because I have told them they are very important for me.

“How can I change that two days later because of a story? So there has been no contact with them.”

Luiz had already responded. Speaking in Brazil, he said: ‘”I do not like the rumours about me and the possible departure. I have a contract with Chelsea until June 2017 and do not want to talk to other clubs.”