David Luiz

the wes

Luiz is so important to us, he is truely priceless, I was totally wrong when I criticized him under Di Matteo.He is a very rare type of players that stimulate a group and he will never lack ambition, confidence, his personallity and joy to live are priceless.Many people understate the psychological aspect of football, I think some players have an "aura" and Luiz is one of those who drag the team to victory.He is still very young for a CB and he only need tactical discipline, I trust José for that.

Luiz is so important to us, he is truely priceless, I was totally wrong when I criticized him under Di Matteo.He is a very rare type of players that stimulate a group and he will never lack ambition, confidence, his personallity and joy to live are priceless.Many people understate the psychological aspect of football, I think some players have an "aura" and Luiz is one of those who drag the team to victory.He is still very young for a CB and he only need tactical discipline, I trust José for that.

Drogba was like that too.

Rally the troops when the chips where down.

Mata can be great, but that is one thing he lacks. Similar to Lampard, great player, but there was a reason Terry was always the leader. Cause he can rally the troops and motivate them to push on.

Of field Mourinho motivates, but in the field you need that general and for many years it was Terry then follow by Drogba.

Now David Luiz is the new emerging leader, and so far the only one out of all these new players.

Thank fuck! Hope all you guys who think Luiz is a midfielder will stop talking now. -_-

He was an awful midfielder and a borderline liability at times. Benitez was clueless.

That's Not what u quoted btw. He also said, "He CAN help the team playing in other positions."

Have no idea how you went from that to "he's an awful midfielder." I guess we hear what we want to hear.

Of course he is a CB first, but CAN play in the midfield, which is something Mourinho obviously values.

I think he has an important quality for the football we want to play, which is to build. He's comfortable using the ball from the back.

"In this aspect, he's very important and different from the other central defenders. He can improve, everybody can. From a defensive point of view, he can be much more effective, much more solid. But, for me, the potential is incredible, amazing. He has to play always.

There we have it. Luiz is Jose's number 1 CB.

“I think he has an important quality for the football we want to play, which is to build. He's comfortable using the ball from the back.

"In this aspect, he's very important and different from the other central defenders. He can improve, everybody can. From a defensive point of view, he can be much more effective, much more solid. But, for me, the potential is incredible, amazing. He has to play always.”

source? nvm, found it

Thank fuck! Hope all you guys who think Luiz is a midfielder will stop talking now. -_-

He was an awful midfielder and a borderline liability at times. Benitez was clueless.

How did you reach at that conclusion?

That is some comprehension skills you got there, mate.

Edit: He was such a liability that we won only 12 of the 15 games that he started for us in midfield.

It seems you are the clueless here, because even Mourinho said he can help the team playing in another position. Benitez never said he was a midfielder, he just said the could play as a DM, and it seems Mourinho agrees with that.

Edit: He was such a liability that we won only 12 of the 15 games that he started for us in midfield.

We won the fucking UCL with bosingwa as a defender.That does mean anything about his abilities as a defender..

We won the fucking UCL with bosingwa as a defender.That does mean anything about his abilities as a defender..

I could explain you the logical fallacy in your argument but I think in your best interest, I should let you find it out on your own.

That's Not what u quoted btw. He also said, "He CAN help the team playing in other positions."

Have no idea how you went from that to "he's an awful midfielder." I guess we hear what we want to hear.

Of course he is a CB first, but CAN play in the midfield, which is something Mourinho obviously values.

It seems you are the clueless here, because even Mourinho said he can help the team playing in another position. Benitez never said he was a midfielder, he just said the could play as a DM, and it seems Mourinho agrees with that.

'He can help the team in another position' is about as flippant a remark he can make about Luiz midfield abilities. It was a qualifying statement to confirm that he will be a CB full-time. "Yeah he can BUT..." Do you know what qualifying a statement means? It's unbelievable that some of you are speaking about my comprehension skills. :lol:

If you have inferred from that comment that Luiz will play in midfield again, or that he is even a serious option, then you have misunderstood completely what Mourinho is saying.

Read it again, without the qualifying statement since that seems to be giving some of you trouble, and let it sink in: "For me, Luiz is a central defender...no doubt about it"

'He can help the team in another position' is about as flippant a remark he can make about Luiz midfield abilities. It was a qualifying statement to confirm that he will be a CB full-time. "Yeah he can BUT..." Do you know what qualifying a statement means? It's unbelievable that some of you are speaking about my comprehension skills. :lol:

If you have inferred from that comment that Luiz will play in midfield again, or that he is even a serious option, then you have misunderstood completely what Mourinho is saying.

Read it again, without the qualifying statement since that seems to be giving some of you trouble, and let it sink in: "For me, Luiz is a central defender...no doubt about it"

so, you quote me, but only addressed others. There is NO FUCKING WAY someone can read ANY of the quotes and conclude that "He was an awful midfielder and a borderline liability at times. Benitez was clueless." That was your personal opinion and remains so.

I reckon Luiz WILL play in the midfield in the next season. Hopefully not as often as he did for Benitez, that was overdone because of small squad, but it is a valid strategy for specific matches and opponents. For example during a match, moving David into the midfield by adding another CB could be a very effective strategy to secure a result against an opponent that is playing long balls.