David Luiz

the wes

Hummels? :lol: He's completely over-rated, if we payed big money on a Dortmund defender i would want it to be Subotic.

There is a reason clubs are prepared to play in excess of £40m for Luiz, because he is one of the best defenders in the world.

Hummels? :lol: He's completely over-rated, if we payed big money on a Dortmund defender i would want it to be Subotic.

There is a reason clubs are prepared to play in excess of £40m for Luiz, because he is one of the best defenders in the world.

not according to danish blue ,,,hummels is better than luiz and Jose knows that as well

Zola - yes, that's what I think. In my head you are as wrong as you think I am. Who is right? Nobody - there is not an answer who is the better one so in the end it's about opinions. I respect yours but you clearly don't respect mine. Who is the lame person in this aspect? To this on the other hand there's only one answer.

DM is a joke...and it seems they know it. Early in the day Guardiola dismissed the talk about Luiz, saying its not true at all, and he dont need any new CB.

Right now there is an 'EXCLUSIVE' in DM saying Guardiola dont want Luiz anymore...

Zola - yes, that's what I think. In my head you are as wrong as you think I am. Who is right? Nobody - there is not an answer who is the better one so in the end it's about opinions. I respect yours but you clearly don't respect mine. Who is the lame person in this aspect? To this on the other hand there's only one answer.

People on this forum would respect your opinion about Luiz if it made any sense.

You basically said we can buy 2 quality CB's for 40 million..yet you have failed to name those 2 CB's.

If Mourinho didn't want Luiz as his starting CB...he would have sold him by now.

This is just as stupid as those who thought we would swap rooney for mata.

Use common sense people. David Luiz is just as important as anyone else.

Mourinho has already reiterated that he won't be selling anyone.

It's easy to list 2 good CBs for 40 mio.

Obviously we can't get 2 CBs that are both at the same level as Luiz but we could get one at the same level and a very good backup which we need at the moment.

Hummels would be my first buy for the money. He costs 23 mio. according to transfermarkt (we don't know the real prices so ppl normally use transfermarkt)

Then we would have 17 mio. left. We could get a good CB for 17 mio. (not Luiz good but Hummels would be the direct replacement). A quick example would be Mangala. He costs 13 mio. according to transfermarkt. Then we would even have 4 mio. left.

And I talk to a lot of football fans that rate Hummels higher than Luiz - a lot of you guys are biased because it's a Chelsea player. Ask on other forums and a lot of ppl would say Hummels above Luiz.

It's ignorant to think that only a few ppl rate Hummels higher than Luiz. Come on.

Skipper - the problem is that you don't know anything about how much the clubs want for their players. We only know the price until things are official. You just guess.

That's why I said I used transfermarkt since it's a non-biased site that value the players marketvalue! You, as a chelsea fan, have another view on Luiz than 90% of the entire football community. This is where you and some other guys are wrong. Everyone else knows that 40 mio. is a super offer and most ppl don't think he is worth it. Heck it, he is only on around 26 mio. on transfermarkt.

I know that transfermarkt isn't bulletproof or that players are going for the prices there, but as I just said we have to look at their marketvalue since we are not the ones that do the negotiating.

And that's why I say those two players.

And to the ppl who say Luiz is better because Hummels just had one(!) bad season.. if one bad season makes a player a bad player Luiz would be one of the worst CBs in high-level football since his first season with us was a nightmare with all his errors. Hummels has been amazing for years and one medium season doesn't change that.

Skipper - the problem is that you don't know anything about how much the clubs want for their players. We only know the price until things are official. You just guess.

That's why I said I used transfermarkt since it's a non-biased site that value the players marketvalue! You, as a chelsea fan, have another view on Luiz than 90% of the entire football community. This is where you and some other guys are wrong. Everyone else knows that 40 mio. is a super offer and most ppl don't think he is worth it. Heck it, he is only on around 26 mio. on transfermarkt.

I know that transfermarkt isn't bulletproof or that players are going for the prices there, but as I just said we have to look at their marketvalue since we are not the ones that do the negotiating.

And to the ppl who say Luiz is better because Hummels just had one(!) bad season.. if one bad season makes a player a bad player Luiz would be one of the worst CBs in high-level football since his first season with us was a nightmare with all his errors. Hummels has been amazing for years and one medium season doesn't change that.

OK, forget the number 40 million. Since you seem to rate Luiz so low, how do you justify your statement that we can get two good defenders from Luiz sale. According to you Hummels is superior to Luiz. So when we sell Luiz for X million and approach Dortmund, will they sell Hummels for less than what we sold an "inferior" player?

someone please explain just what transfermarket is ,,, like buying players on Football Manager,????????

They are a player database website. They also assign some random current values to the players.

The numbers are mostly bullshit as they hardly consider the length of contract that is remaining and other such stuff. My advise: don't bother with them.

It's easy to list 2 good CBs for 40 mio.

Obviously we can't get 2 CBs that are both at the same level as Luiz but we could get one at the same level and a very good backup which we need at the moment.

Hummels would be my first buy for the money. He costs 23 mio. according to transfermarkt (we don't know the real prices so ppl normally use transfermarkt)

Then we would have 17 mio. left. We could get a good CB for 17 mio. (not Luiz good but Hummels would be the direct replacement). A quick example would be Mangala. He costs 13 mio. according to transfermarkt. Then we would even have 4 mio. left.

And I talk to a lot of football fans that rate Hummels higher than Luiz - a lot of you guys are biased because it's a Chelsea player. Ask on other forums and a lot of ppl would say Hummels above Luiz.

It's ignorant to think that only a few ppl rate Hummels higher than Luiz. Come on.

Yea... Right........

Transfermarkt fees are nowhere near the real life valuation of a player. Like I said before, there's no way Dortmund would sell Hummels for a mere £23m when they don't need the money. I doubt they disclosed how much Hummels is worth to transfermarkt.

And again, everyone knows that Porto never sell their players for anything less than the release clause (or close to it). His release clause is £42m. There's no way he'd go for a mere £13m. I'd go by that more than going by any fee transfermarkt puts up. The fact that Luiz is being quoted at £40m whilst transfermarkt had him at £26m should tell you why the fees they put up aren't meant to be taken literally.

I don't know why you can't comprehend why people are saying Luiz is better than Hummels. Your example is flawed - we're talking about their form from last season, not their form 3 seasons back. Hummels has been very, very error prone last season and had a bad season whether you like it or not. If going by their recent finished season, a lot of people who watch both on a regular basis would have Luiz over him 9/10 times, I sincerely believe so.