David Luiz

the wes

barcastuff@barcastuff2m

Talks on a transfer of David Luiz have started. A Barcelona director could soon travel to London. Sources say possible deal next week. [md]

Bullshit

Bullshit indeed. They say the same about Kompany, Agger, Vermaelen, Vertonghen ....

What are they gonna do ... Buy all the EPL CB's :Goober:

Skipper - Luiz still only had one good season for us and it's not like he as been all amazing. He has only been alright if you consider the money we paid for him.. yes, he was our best CB but that only says something about our other CBs. Terry has not played that well and Cahill is per definition nothing more than okay - that's why a lot of ppl think that Chelsea need a new CB. 2 seasons ago we finishes 6th in the league and had the worst defense in our Roman period.

Seriously, I love Luiz (I never said otherwise) and the only thing I said from the beginning is that we should consider 40 mio. for him because of the fact that he is not worth 40 mio. - and yes, I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl from other parts of the football community will agree here.

I know transfermarkt is not always the right prices but I just used it since I see a lot of ppl on this site do it all the time. And hey, do you know better than them? Why don't you get a job there then? More ppl use transfermarkt than you for prices so even though the are not always right it's more reliable than what you think.

Hummels will never go for even close to 40 mio. Why? Because he is not close to worth it. Luiz is not close to being a 40 mio. player aswell and that's why we should consider it - it's a ridiculous offer.

But hey, I don't mind him staying at all. In fact I would love it - I'm just thinking about what players are worth and what not.

I would still have Hummels over Luiz though. I love discipline in the defense and it's crucial not to make mistakes down there. Luiz don't fuck up that much anymore but you still have the feeling that it can go wrong everytime he is near the ball - I don't have that feeling with Hummels when I watch him. But that's just me, ppl have different taste. No doubt Luiz is more "spectator-friendly" with his step over tricks and curly hair though.

Skipper - Luiz still only had one good season for us and it's not like he as been all amazing. He has only been alright if you consider the money we paid for him.. yes, he was our best CB but that only says something about our other CBs. Terry has not played that well and Cahill is per definition nothing more than okay - that's why a lot of ppl think that Chelsea need a new CB. 2 seasons ago we finishes 6th in the league and had the worst defense in our Roman period.

Seriously, I love Luiz (I never said otherwise) and the only thing I said from the beginning is that we should consider 40 mio. for him because of the fact that he is not worth 40 mio. - and yes, I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl from other parts of the football community will agree here.

I know transfermarkt is not always the right prices but I just used it since I see a lot of ppl on this site do it all the time. And hey, do you know better than them? Why don't you get a job there then? More ppl use transfermarkt than you for prices so even though the are not always right it's more reliable than what you think.

Hummels will never go for even close to 40 mio. Why? Because he is not close to worth it. Luiz is not close to being a 40 mio. player aswell and that's why we should consider it - it's a ridiculous offer.

But hey, I don't mind him staying at all. In fact I would love it - I'm just thinking about what players are worth and what not.

I would still have Hummels over Luiz though. I love discipline in the defense and it's crucial not to make mistakes down there. Luiz don't fuck up that much anymore but you still have the feeling that it can go wrong everytime he is near the ball - I don't have that feeling with Hummels when I watch him. But that's just me, ppl have different taste. No doubt Luiz is more "spectator-friendly" with his step over tricks and curly hair though.

I agree with a lot of this, and have mentioned a few of these points in the past. We still talk about Luiz in terms of what he can be, not what he is so when you factor in his age (26 and with almost 300 first-team appearances in his career) then he probably isn't worth £40 million. That's why any offer would have to be considered.

In terms of replacements then you're almost certainly looking at younger players with potential as well, along the lines of Zouma or Mangala. But my personal preference would be to take that £40 million and dangle it in front of Real for Varane.

If any club is foolish enough to grossly overpay for a defender to the tune of £40m plus then it would be equally foolish to reject such an offer. that's the price for elite defenders in their prime which Luiz ISN'T imho and people can bang on about potential all they want. You pay such for Silva, prime Nesta, prime vidic, prime canavaro etc. not Luiz.

I agree with a lot of this, and have mentioned a few of these points in the past. We still talk about Luiz in terms of what he can be, not what he is so when you factor in his age (26 and with almost 300 first-team appearances in his career) then he probably isn't worth £40 million. That's why any offer would have to be considered.

In terms of replacements then you're almost certainly looking at younger players with potential as well, along the lines of Zouma or Mangala. But my personal preference would be to take that £40 million and dangle it in front of Real for Varane.

I think Luiz brings alot of intangibles which can't be measured by money.

I don't know how much Luiz is worth...but not many defenders in world football are actually worth 40 million.

If Luiz was to be sold (which is unlikely), why not make Barca overpay for him?

If any club is foolish enough to grossly overpay for a defender to the tune of £40m plus then it would be equally foolish to reject such an offer. that's the price for elite defenders in their prime which Luiz ISN'T imho and people can bang on about potential all they want. You pay such for Silva, prime Nesta, prime vidic, prime canavaro etc. not Luiz.

Lol, he's about a season away maximum from his prime, maybe even next season.

Luiz is barely potential. Sure, he can still improve mentally but physically and technically his game is set. He's one of the best CBs out there in those aspects and can walk into almost any team. We're a club that don't sell their best players. He's still got a long term contract here with us. That's why he's being quoted at £40m.

What you fail to understand is that Chelsea doesn't want to sell Luiz. If he was transfer listed and we were looking to sell him of course no one would reject 40M.

If you don't want to or have to sell him then whatever is being quoted doesn't matter. Chelsea don't need the money.

Chelsea is not a selling. club. Would have thought most people here would realize that by now. Im sure Chelsea would reject a 40m bid for Luiz, because, why would we sell him? To get 40m only to spend 30-35m on someone else to fill that spot? Please use your Brains.