David Luiz

the wes

That's Not what u quoted btw. He also said, "He CAN help the team playing in other positions."

Have no idea how you went from that to "he's an awful midfielder." I guess we hear what we want to hear.

Of course he is a CB first, but CAN play in the midfield, which is something Mourinho obviously values.

Thank fuck! Hope all you guys who think Luiz is a midfielder will stop talking now. -_-

He was an awful midfielder and a borderline liability at times. Benitez was clueless.

That's Not what u quoted btw. He also said, "He CAN help the team playing in other positions."

Have no idea how you went from that to "he's an awful midfielder." I guess we hear what we want to hear.

Of course he is a CB first, but CAN play in the midfield, which is something Mourinho obviously values.

I really dont think we're gonna see Luiz playing in midfield unless every CM\CDM we have gets injured.

The way I see it, Mou basicaly said that Luiz is a CB, and if we completely run out of options then Luiz can play CDM.

Last season it wasn't that clear that Luiz is a CB FIRST, and then a CDM.. there were a lot of discussions here about where he should play. Now this statement basicaly confirms that Luiz is indeed a CB - "For me, Luiz is a central defender...no doubt about it""

I really dont think we're gonna see Luiz playing in midfield unless every CM\CDM we have gets injured.

The way I see it, Mou basicaly said that Luiz is a CB, and if we completely run out of options then Luiz can play CDM.

Last season it wasn't that clear that Luiz is a CB FIRST, and then a CDM.. there were a lot of discussions here about where he should play. Now this statement basicaly confirms that Luiz is indeed a CB - "For me, Luiz is a central defender...no doubt about it""

imagine we are leading Stokes by a goal away from home when they start? :) playing long balls into our box exclusively (without the usual sideway pass for good measure). That's one of the very few ways one can diminish the influence of a great midfield and midfielders -- by avoiding them altogether.

If you are defending against such strategy, why not replacing a midfielder with a defender? But then you lose a midfielder when you have possession and have trouble keeping it--you end up playing long balls yourself.

However, what if you already have a defender on the pitch who can also play in the midfield? Just add another defender and give him even more freedom to join the midfield when in possession. Essentially with David you get the 3rd defender, when defending long balls, without losing the midfielder, because in possession he moves into the midfield.

Ppl are missing the point here: David is so special because he has the ability to join the midfield when attacking and sometimes defending (applying pressure with high line) EVEN when playing CB! That's precisely what differentiates him from a simpler defender who can only block and kick it upfield.

Barbara - did you know that you average around 30 posts each day... that's pretty fucking impressive! :D

She's a legend! :D.. I'm grateful that a beautiful Brazilian woman (Just being honest :-) supports the same club passionately as I do. :-)

I don't know if I'm a legend or if I just have way too much time in my hands and don't do anything useful with it :P

I suppose most of my posts make some sense - with either opinions, articles or pictures (gifs) from players and matches, but I do have my share - a considerable large one - of silly posts and useless stuff.

Thanks for the compliments, I just have the time of my life in this forum, so I enjoy you guys just as much!

:kiss: