Roman Abramovich Thread

I think debate is great.

Glad to hear it.

But regurgitating the same old shite is just plain boring...

May be to you, seems there are a majority on here that do not share that view.

Fact: RDM is gone! Will bleating about it change anything? NO.

NO, but people are angry, letting of steam is one way to cleanse that anger

It's just stupid to have such a polarising thread in the immediate aftermath...

Well lets all wait a year, before we state anything, about anything, then everything will be forgotten, then no need for any forums.

It's not going to change opinions and only leads to conflict.

Debate changes lots of things, try it you will surprise yourself.

The subject is too emotive to be pragmatic...

So are a lot of things about Chelsea at this moment in time, does not mean we have to ignore them.

Edit: And people claiming they no longer support CFC is madness. Fine, if you're going to do it, do it - but don't then come back to a CFC forum and try to divide the forum..

No, not madness, foolhardy perhaps, many words spoken in anger, they are not dividing the forum, just stating something different to your views, that my friend is something you will have to live with, or counter it with a different argument, not just say, "close the thread".

Glad to hear it.

Well lets all wait a year, before we state anything, about anything, then everything will be forgotten, then no need for any forums.

So are a lot of things about Chelsea at this moment in time, does not mean we have to ignore them.

No, not madness, foolhardy perhaps, many words spoken in anger, they are not dividing the forum, just stating something different to your views, that my friend is something you will have to live with, or counter it with a different argument, not just say, "close the thread".

Glad to hear it.

Hmm - but having a disruptive thread where people are drawing enemy lines is not conducive to a 'debate'?

A debate can be broken to down into component parts - the problem is, that 99% of the posts are emotive and not judging RDM on his managerial skill...

RDM = Club Legend

RDM = Super Guy

RDM = Average Manager

Now that's my opinion - I'm trying to remove emotion. I went back and studied WBA form, the same thing was repeating itself at CFC - so for whatever reason, the board didn't feel comfortable that RDM would be able to turn it around.

Now RA and the Board are being abused, for putting the club first, in their opinion and best interests...

I just dont see how people can be claiming this is so bad and they don't want to support the Team because of 1 decision. None of us know if it will be the right decision until the end of the season, but my stance is, the decision has been made, let's back the Team.

If people want to bash RA - then they should send emails to the Club, not protest in-game / at games etc - as this damages the player morale - which we shouldnt be doing.

Hope that clarifies the situation...

The sacking of RDM, and the way it was done, was just wrong in my opinion and loads yesterday had the same sentiment

However looking back I was the same when Ranieri was appointed and Vialli was sacked. I was totally fucked off and ashamed to say how I cunted of the tinkerman. Lovely bloke, top manager as it turned out ( even though Bates was way out of order-he hates people richer than himself). Some dismissals however,are totally unwaranted such as replacing Jose with Grant

With hindsight no one likes change, and to attack Benitez personally is detrimental to the team.(FSW 'll be sacked soon enough anyway).

RDM knew how to defend with right players while playing defensive football. He won trophies playing like that.

He didn't know how to defend properly while playing attacking football. That is what got him sacked, and us out of CL group. In that, he was similar to AVB, shaky, clumsy, sloppy, desorganized defence combined with attractive and attacking football.

Against solid teams , we often looked out of shape. Talented individuals chasing shadows without plan and organization.

Against Juventus he tried to play defensive, looking for remi, but didn't manage to do it with current crop of players. It was different during last CL, there even Drogba played RB as often as a striker. But that's Drogba - one of the kind.

I don’t agree with people who claim that he would take us to the top four next season for sure. He wouldn't imo. Even if he got a striker . He would just last longer and would have been treated better, but he was not, from the very beginig, right man to take this club forward.

Robbie was treated unfair, I agree. But that’s because he didn’t have a striker and CM at his disposal. He was in bad place from the day one.

But with his lack of experience, it took natural born menagement skills and tactical nouse to lead the group of young, talented players to play effectively football different from the one he won CL with. To take and lead the new team of players where the most important ones haven’t played together, through Premier League without dropping out of CL.

Experience matters. Because, if you are not born talent, that is the only way to gain knowledge. I realized that RDM is not born talent after the way he handled big games and our defence. Without experience, he is the coach with amazing potential who is still learning. I wish him all luck and success in the world.

But can we afford: owner who is still learning

players who are still learning

manager who is still learning all at the same time?

I can see why RDM, Chelsea legend, was fired.

Benitez is appointed to make CL spot, that's it. I guess, he has some experience. He also had time to look back and realize what he he was doing wrong in his career. I personaly believe we will play Europa League this season and the next one. In that case, RDM firing could turn to be a mistake.

I don’t criticize Roman because he is bad owner who hurt my pride. Just because, with all the money he spent, he shouldn’t face problems he is about to face.

How important managerial longevity really is, we shall see after core of Terry, Lampard, Cole, Essien and Drogba is completely gone.

Just my opinion.

• What a great topic to post. Of course the anti Chelsea writers in the media fail to point out all the managerial changes elsewhere in the world of football. Because Roman crashed the party and pissed in the punch bowl at the party where only Arsenal, United, and Liverpool were invited. Feck em'!

Whats the bet if Shakhtar beat Juve and we win vs Nordjsaelland half of yous "anti-Benitez" critics will shut up for a while. Well hopefully.

Same old story. AVBesque

Winning trophies makes manager perfect and world class regardless of experience and consistency whatsoever.

When they are going trough bad patch in this club: Leave them, they have huge potential, they are for the future.

When they are fired, If you say, well maybe they didn't have enough skill or experience,: You are evil, I hope their future success will make you shut up. You are not supporter, or even better, you are plastic.

When somebody take over after AVB and succeed: Well AVB was clueless, look him at Tottenham, he is a clown.

I can't see if Benitez will be better, but I have a feelng not so much.

So it will take RDM to have another job in order to see if he was perfect or not.

The best scenario would be if he could get Mancini's job. Unlike Mancini, he knows how to win Champions League and I would like to see him winning another one. Not to mention, with those players, we would see how good manager he really is, without, well he has worse players than he would have with us..

Everybody is cheering when we get Mata, Hazard, Oscar and expects Falcao and so, but that comes with a price. They don't consider that maybe, for long term success, great players need even better manager to get the best out of everybody. As long as we don't have 'perfect' manager who has it all, they will search for one. Deal with it.

Being club legend and winning trophies demands respectfull treatment, but doesn't make 'perfect' long term manager for the club. Fact.

Wait for his next job, and than have your say. He won't have problems with getting one.

Good debate, decent thread - well done Tomo!

Firstly I didn't like most agree with RDMs sacking but can also understand Romans thinking- even Jose would of been fired for not making the last 16 of the CL so it came as no surprise to me, RDM was in the same boat as Ranieri in that he was a dead man walking, Roman was just waiting for the opportunity to sack him & recent results have given him that chance to wield the axe...again!

I believe Romans pride has been stung in the very fact that bringing Torres to the club was a mistake & to get him out of the £50m hole he sacks a club legend who also happens to have class & brings in a man who is the last throw of the Torres dice just to try & justify his knee jerk January transfer because that is the sole reason Benitez is here - does that justify some of the ridiculous comments on here about Roman? Absolutely not, every fam has a right to be angry & to vent some steam towards Roman & his henchmen but some comments go over the line.

Some of us waited a quarter of century to see us win something & had to endure watching crap most of the tine, Roman has taken us to the pinnacle of European elite & I will always be forever in his debt for that & some of you jonnycomelatelys should try to imagine what state we were in pre Roman & many years before that.

I'm not happy about Benitez either & already vented my anger on his performance tonight but I will remain open minded & give the guy a chance, I hope the Chelsea faithful eventually do the same.

Yes, because under RDM we would have lost to Nordsaelland, a team we beat 4-0 on the road, at Stamford Bridge and what Shaktar does is influenced by who are coach is. Give me a break.

We'll have to play even more defensive against almighty Nordsjaelland. No offence to their team as I thought they played nice football.

Why because he slagged us off in the past? you really think Lampard, Terry and Cole didn't slagg us off at any point growing up as West Ham, United and Arsenal fans respectively?

Roman always does what he thinks is best for the club, as an interim appointment Benitez is as good as we are going to get.

This has unsettled the team for yet another season. benitez going back to bertrand in midfield again. what a joke.roman should have gone for benitez from the start of the season itself.... all a bit chaotic right now --> one of the main reasons for the roman bashing