Roman Abramovich Thread

seriously wow. This must be the last straw for Roman. atleast on previous occasions, the new manager coming in the middle of the season invigorated the team but rafa seems like a headless chicken. marin and oscar on during an aerial bombardment? seriously? that too for Moses?

I hope the Fat Spanish Waiter gets us top 4 and f***s right off in the summer

that's what happened when all you have are fucking midgets!

How can people who started supporting the club because of Roman be saying "Roman out"?

Do people not realise it's not as simple as that? If we get a new owner you can all fuck right off with your Cavani/Falcao/Whoever fantasises and likely settle for the likes of Bendtner and Lampard playing until he's 50.

How can people who started supporting the club because of Roman be saying "Roman out"?

Do people not realise it's not as simple as that? If we get a new owner you can all fuck right off with your Cavani/Falcao/Whoever fantasises and likely settle for the likes of Bendtner and Lampard playing until he's 50.

some of us were here long before Roman ,,,,and before Bates .....City are far better off with Mansour and Scumpool have decent owners now

How can you state that? without knowing who would take over.

We don't know what we'd get, but for people to start calling for Roman to leave....well that's just fucking thick.

Look at the top clubs in the league. Man City seem to have decent enough owners, but who knows how invested they'll be 5 years down the line. United have lumbered the club with debt, Arsenal are happy to just make a profit for their board, Spurs sold their best player in the summer and Liverpool have an owner who refused to pay £1 million more for Clint Dempsey leaving them with just two strikers.

We've got an owner who has not only helped win us trophies, but invested in our future with the academy and training facilities as well as looking to build a new stadium in one of the most expensive areas of the country. Sure we could get Man City's owners - but we could also get Malaga's.

Some people come off a little spoilt sometimes.

The three last games show how much wrong was the decision to sack our manager, how much wrong was the choice of personel, and especially how much the timing was wrong.

Roberto Di Matteo was sacked when we was entering the busiest period of the season. A run of 11 games in 35 days was coming, which makes roughly a game every three days. And we had to play three games in only one week. Even though, the board decided to appoint some block who had never worked with our players before, excepted for the ladyboy.

In this kind of situation, what was the best thing to do ? Sticking with the man who has worked with the players for the last year and a half, the man who knew our players, knew their strengths and weakness ? Or a guy who did not fuck all of them ?

Roman might have been misled by the fact that all the past mid-season sackings didn't hit us back, and at the contrary, they allowed us to bounce back. The question is, why did these sacking were "successful" ?

First off, Avram Grant situation. This season, we reached the Champions League final and we weren't far away of winning this competition. One might think that the sacking was beneficial (in the short-term). However, as I said in one of my previous post, at that time, we had true leaderS on the pitch. Furthermore, Steve Clarck remained the coach assistant, a job he had done for the three previous seasons. Therefore, all in all, we didn't fail back then, because some guys in the managerial staff were used to the team ; and players were carrying the team (at a mental level, and at a result level).

Now, Hiddink case. Once again, the managerial merry-go round turned out to be beneficial, since we were one decent ref away of the Champions League final, we won the FA Cup and had a good end of season. And once again, we had our core of players to carry the team. And in addition, the manager appointed was a great manager and a great man as well. A man who imposes respect by his aura and his C.V. A man who inspires his teams. Furthermore, he was (and still is) a close friend of our owner, and he was more or less one of Roman advisor ; thus had some knowledge about the squad.

Then, Di Matteo case. I get the feeling I am repeating myself, though sacking André Villas-Boas appeared to be the right choice at a short term level : we won the CL and the FA Cup. Once again, we had the team core to carry the team (they were a fewer than in the past, but still we had Didier, Petr, Frank and Terry). And once again, the manager appointed knew the team since he was André's assistant. He was also a respectful and inspiring man, since he was a club legend, and had some good relationship with players (especially with our captain).

I'd like to add that in the two previous cases, it was the players who get their managers out. They had at these moments something to redeem for. They had to prove they were right. This fact adds even more motivation and hunger to do well.

Finaly, the current situation. Where is the core of the team to carry us when things are tough ? The core isn't what it was. Some of these players are gone, some other are too old to carry the team week in week out, and some other are struggling with injuries. Also, players seemed to be quite affected by Di Matteo dismissal. We only have a few players with a winning mentality - the most of them are young and unexperienced boys. Therefore it isn't surprising to do not see this "fighting-back" spirit.

And where's the inspiring and respectful manager to lead the team ? Nowhere to bee seen. The guy appointed didn't know the team nor the players. This guy represents, for some of them (Terry, Cech, Lampard, Cole, Mikel, Ivanovic), someone who was their rival, someone who said bad things about the club, about us. For some other players, this guy represents a laughing stock, a guy who couldn't even make Inter - the european champion back then - a half decent team, a guy who was unemployed for two years.

Finally, the fat spaniard waiter was appointed as an interim coach. I am puting the emphasis on "interim". Players know he is a passenger, they know that he won't be here after the summer, while them, they will still be here long after. What kind of credibility this fatty has towards players ? And don't come with your "oh but they should fight for the team / for their huge wages". This is a fact, it is pretty hard to find motivation when you are are sad about losing a manager you liked/loved and then having a man who means nothing to your eyes, a man who has less "power" than you.

And was this spaniard waiter the good choice ? Not in my opinion. For the last four months, our players were shaped on purpose to play an fanciful football, an attacking football and then you throw in someone who makes them playing a negative, defensive football - this guy asks them to radically change their style of football. Such things don't happen overnight. Considering their inexperience, they must be lost, they must not know what to do. Beside, our squad isn't really suited to play to play that kind of football. Which one of our fowards has good defensive ability ? Mata ? Hazard ? Marin ? Laydyboy ? Sturridge ? Oscar ? Moses ? The only one of them with decent defensive abilities is Moses.

Considering the block appointed as our new manager, the squad at our disposal and our games schedul, it was a given, into my eyes, to have an awful run of games. I am even suprised we have two points right now, if I want to be honest. From now on we might be stuck in a vicious circle : no win, therefore there is a drop of motivation which makes us not winning, et cetera...

Sacking Roberto Di Matteo for this guy at that moment was an ill-advised decision. I hope Roman sees the big fail he has provoked, so he can think twice next time before taking such a decision.

1000 internets for you. Great, great post. Thank you. It made a terrible day just a tad better.