Roman Abramovich Thread

The string of poor results was the perfect chance for Roman to get rid of Robbie.Quite honestly,its better than sacking him at the end of the season with a top 3 finish or even with a trophy.

Roman never wanted RDM and the delay in appointing him as the first team manager proved that.The Chelsea Legend never really had a future here as a manager as the owner always had eyes for Pep.

I personally hope Pep joins some other club and we get The Special One back at the Bridge.

Roman is as much a fan of the club as anyone out there, he's been attending matches since he bought the team and shows so much emotions in the stands. To say he does not care after investing a substantial amount of his fortune and time into the club, is very absurd. The club has made a decision, it's up to the fans to get behind the team, the season is far from over. Rafa could be another RDM v2. I'll gladly be his fan if he wins us at least the league this season.

I can't even be bothered if this is the position you're starting from.

. it's clear that roman cares only about objectives. while it's good in one way that we are competing for the titles and none of the "top 4 is enough" Nonsense but the line has to be drawn somewhere. on the managerial scene, di matteo and probably carlo ancelotti were hasty decisions. clearly should have hired benitez from the start of the season if he wasn't going to trust di matteo enough to give him time till christmas at the least

Maybe he was referring to the other Cole...but I can't remember him slagging Chelsea off as an Arsenal player or fan...if any of them thought ill of Chelsea and didn't express it we can't grudge them that....

Growing up at West Ham gives the game away for me, do not think Ashley grew up at WH, do you? maybe Charlton, but again he was Chelsea youth.

. it's clear that roman cares only about objectives. while it's good in one way that we are competing for the titles and none of the "top 4 is enough" Nonsense but the line has to be drawn somewhere. on the managerial scene, di matteo and probably carlo ancelotti were hasty decisions. clearly should have hired benitez from the start of the season if he wasn't going to trust di matteo enough to give him time till christmas at the least

In the past couple of years, Ancelotti's second season has been rewritten by a number of fans. It wasn't hasty in my opinion. The football in that season, especially after Christmas, was appalling at times. He was getting plenty of stick for it in the crowd and it was fairly apparent a change was in the offing.

With Robbie, it was always going to happen if there were any major problems.

I just get fed up with this notion that Roman doesn't care about fans. He is a fan. I love the sight of him awkwardly convulsing in his seat when we get close to goal. I don't know many other owners who attend as many games as him, apart from Dave Whelan and a couple of others. People call this club his plaything, but that to me implies a sense of fun in owning a club. Why the fuck would you spend a billion quid on something that isn't fun????

He listened to the fans in the summer when we appointed Robbie. It wasn't his first choice.

In the past couple of years, Ancelotti's second season has been rewritten by a number of fans. It wasn't hasty in my opinion. The football in that season, especially after Christmas, was appalling at times. He was getting plenty of stick for it in the crowd and it was fairly apparent a change was in the offing.

With Robbie, it was always going to happen if there were any major problems.

I just get fed up with this notion that Roman doesn't care about fans. He is a fan. I love the sight of him awkwardly convulsing in his seat when we get close to goal. I don't know many other owners who attend as many games as him, apart from Dave Whelan and a couple of others. People call this club his plaything, but that to me implies a sense of fun in owning a club. Why the fuck would you spend a billion quid on something that isn't fun????

He listened to the fans in the summer when we appointed Robbie. It wasn't his first choice.

fair enough. he loves the club but my point is, the decision to sack robbie is obviously going to infuriate the fans. no point defending roman when he has clearly made another mess at the club. if he was going to be ruthless hire, benitez in the summer itself. once he appointed di matteo, he should have given rdm time. you say "it was always going to happen" but it doesn't change the fact that he has made another mess at the club.

taking nothing away from roman and what he has done to the club, at a time like this, criticism against him is justified.if he really listened to the fans, he wouldn't have appointed benitez. remember birmingham away last season - "Fuck off, we don't want you here"

fair enough. he loves the club but my point is, the decision to sack robbie is obviously going to infuriate the fans. no point defending roman when he has clearly made another mess at the club. if he was going to be ruthless hire, benitez in the summer itself. once he appointed di matteo, he should have given rdm time. you say "it was always going to happen" but it doesn't change the fact that he has made another mess at the club.

taking nothing away from roman and what he has done to the club, at a time like this, criticism against him is justified.if he really listened to the fans, he wouldn't have appointed benitez. remember birmingham away last season - "Fuck off, we don't want you here"

It's done...

End of story, move along, nothing to see here...

You've made your point, those that agree will agree, those that don't wont.

Mods AGAIN can we please close these threads? It's just cyclical and fractitious.

Lets just concentrate on the matchday thread :)

For the love of God - PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

It's ridiculous, same old stuff, people saying they will no longer support CFC.

We don't need this shit right now - main focus is WINNING AGAIN

Get behind the TEAM FFS!

If your pride is injured, deal with it like a man and move on....!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a forum is where people exchanged views, just because they do not correspound to your outlook/views you want to close this thread, seems a wee bit dictatorial, perhaps other people need to grow up and learn to debate issues correctly.

This is what frustrates me. I'm not bothered about RDMs sacking because I genuinely didn't think RDM had what it takes. For a while I hoped he did, but I think if we're to be honest the writing was on the wall from the day we played Atletico.

What bothers me is that he was hired to begin with. I don't see the point in hiring somebody just to fire them a few months down the line. Particularly when it was glaringly obvious for everybody to see that Roman never really wanted to give RDM the job in the first place.

This is were I disagree with most though. A lot of people talk about Roman not caring about the fans. I think his investment in the club speaks volumes about how much he cares (not that I'm overly bothered about whether he cares or not, personally). The very fact he even give RDM the job when he didn't want to suggests to me that Roman and the board gave in to the pressure of the fans.

But to say he's made a mess at the club, how? Yes it's not ideal, but it's not really a mess. And somehow Roman always manages to back up his decisions and the club gets hauled out of these "messes", if you want to call them that.

And to the people who complain about club becoming a laughing stock. Well that really only applies if you place any value on the vast majority of football fans opinions. The objective fans can appreciate what goes on. Why would you worry about what a bunch of people are thinking in regard to our hiring and firing of managers? particularly when these people blissfully ignore the string of other top clubs, like those Tomo mentioned, who continually do it too.

It's done...

End of story, move along, nothing to see here...

You've made your point, those that agree will agree, those that don't wont.

Mods AGAIN can we please close these threads? It's just cyclical and fractitious.

Lets just concentrate on the matchday thread :)

so you are suggesting we should not have freedom to discuss what we like? No wonder you like the Russian! Perhaps you should change your name to Stalin!

This is what frustrates me. I'm not bothered about RDMs sacking because I genuinely didn't think RDM had what it takes. For a while I hoped he did, but I think if we're to be honest the writing was on the wall from the day we played Atletico.

What bothers me is that he was hired to begin with. I don't see the point in hiring somebody just to fire them a few months down the line. Particularly when it was glaringly obvious for everybody to see that Roman never really wanted to give RDM the job in the first place.

This is were I disagree with most though. A lot of people talk about Roman not caring about the fans. I think his investment in the club speaks volumes about how much he cares (not that I'm overly bothered about whether he cares or not, personally). The very fact he even give RDM the job when he didn't want to suggests to me that Roman and the board gave in to the pressure of the fans.

But to say he's made a mess at the club, how? Yes it's not ideal, but it's not really a mess. And somehow Roman always manages to back up his decisions and the club gets hauled out of these "messes", if you want to call them that.

And to the people who complain about club becoming a laughing stock. Well that really only applies if you place any value on the vast majority of football fans opinions. The objective fans can appreciate what goes on. Why would you worry about what a bunch of people are thinking in regard to our hiring and firing of managers? particularly when these people blissfully ignore the string of other top clubs, like those Tomo mentioned, who continually do it too.

couldn't really care less about PR. the clattenburg issue has done the damage anyway

the issue is that yet again, we are going into a crucial crucial part of the season in turmoil with a bit of an unbalanced squad. but thankfully, our players have experience in these situations

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a forum is where people exchanged views, just because they do not correspound to your outlook/views you want to close this thread, seems a wee bit dictatorial, perhaps other people need to grow up and learn to debate issues correctly.

I think debate is great.

But regurgitating the same old shite is just plain boring...

Fact: RDM is gone! Will bleating about it change anything? NO.

It's just stupid to have such a polarising thread in the immediate aftermath...

It's not going to change opinions and only leads to conflict.

The subject is too emotive to be pragmatic...

Edit: And people claiming they no longer support CFC is madness. Fine, if you're going to do it, do it - but don't then come back to a CFC forum and try to divide the forum...

so you are suggesting we should not have freedom to discuss what we like? No wonder you like the Russian! Perhaps you should change your name to Stalin!

Yeah, Stalin - you're a genius, how did you know I was reincarnated?

See my post above cant be arsed going through it again...

Guillem Balague

In favour of Roman Abramovich

I can see kicking Roman Abramovich is one of Britain’s favorite sports. He has a lot that makes him an easy target but I won’t get there now. Instead let me tell you why I think he should have a much easier ride

1. His money has helped the football wheel go round

2. In July, he gave Torres the word that he will allow him to proof he is still worthy of leading Chelsea’s attack even though Falcao was offered to him all summer, including few hours before the European Supercup where the Colombian scored a hat trick against Chelsea. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but basically he was giving one of his big assets a chance before deciding what to do with him if it didn’t work

3. Roman knows about football. Enough to identify who should lead the team on the pitch and the offices. Like Michael Emanelo, who is de facto technical secretary of the club and one with an intelligent understanding of the game. Michael and Rafa will find common ground I am sure

4. If Roman wants to run the club on his own he wouldn’t have given it to José Mourinho. So now he is basically looking for someone who can do that job and he has not been convinced by the ones he gave the job to lately.

5. Finally, by choosing Rafa Benítez, a man universally respected inside the world of football, he has ignored the noises coming from the fans. I thought Roman was scared of the fans. Well, actually he must have thought, I tell you what, I have analysed the situation and

Rafa is a good solution. No matter what people think. Good

I think Rafa will be in charge for longer that people think. 7 minutes ago

Disagree with last part though.

Im going to go on a bit of an out of character rant here because tbh i am sickened by some of the stuff i have read about Roman these past 48 hours.

Now do i agree with his decision to sack Roberto Di Matteo? no, but some of the knee jerk reaction's dearie me, didn't we learn from the AVB sacking when we hastily stripped Lampard of his legend's tag, only to back track a couple of months later and realize he wasn't as guilty as we thought.

Roman is a Chelsea fan like we are, if i was the owner i would probably do things that would have some of you tearing your hair out, we would do what we think is best for the club as a whole and Roman is doing that.

We seem to want managerial stability, this is not the ancient times any more it just doesn't happen in football these days, Ferguson is a complete one off as soon as he is gone United will join the growing club or chopping and changing managers, it's the way football works these days (rightly or wrongly) and by in large it get's result's. Roman is not this evil owner who changes manager's for the sake of it, it's just the way modern football works just we for some reason seem to be scapegoated for it. Roman's method's get's result's, period.

Our stability is Roman, and believe me id rather change managers and have a dedicated owner than vice versa.

Below are the stats of most top European clubs (and Tottenham) and how many times they have changed manager since Roman's takeover at Chelsea.

Chelsea: 8

Bayern Munich: 7

Real Madrid: 10

Inter Milan: 9

Ajax: 7

FC Porto: 8

Tottenham: 6

Now if you ask the two English clubs who are in a better position now compared to 10 years ago most will say (after City) Chelsea and Spurs, surprise, surprise the two serial manager changing clubs off the last decade, but what both clubs have is stability upstairs, which is much more important.

So can someone explain why are we the 'joke' and the 'poison chalice for managers' when their is more than 1 other club around just as bad when it comes to chopping and changing ill never know.

Constant managerial changes are the norm in most football clubs on this planet these days, not just Chelsea, Ferguson is a one off, we need to get the idea of us finding our version out of our head right now.

We might if were lucky find a manger who will stick around for 3-5 years but another Fergie? as much chance as a lottery win so best never get too comfortable with a manager, because the days of managerial changes here and abroad are not going away, so best get use to it.

not exactly clubs which are stable in europe

I think debate is great.

But regurgitating the same old shite is just plain boring...

Fact: RDM is gone! Will bleating about it change anything? NO.

It's just stupid to have such a polarising thread in the immediate aftermath...

It's not going to change opinions and only leads to conflict.

The subject is too emotive to be pragmatic...

Edit: And people claiming they no longer support CFC is madness. Fine, if you're going to do it, do it - but don't then come back to a CFC forum and try to divide the forum...

There are leaders and there are sheep! you my friend are firmly in the second category!

There are leaders and there are sheep! you my friend are firmly in the second category!

So you're a leader because you slag off RA and the Board?

Hmm - I would change Leader into spoilt, whiny, clueless, spineless numpty...

What's done is done, you bleating on about (sheep reference) ain't gonna change anything.

So either accept this is the way it is (reality) or go on living in your fantasy world where RDM was the best manager in the world.