Roman Abramovich Thread

Unstable...okay let's give him that.

However it's got nothing to do with success.

Arsenal haven't won shit in how many years, for example.

What if Roman didn't sack all those managers? Would we be like United? No one can answer that and so no need to criticize Roman's way of business.

It's about short-term or long-term success. This is what I, and many other members where saying during AVB's time here. We, as a club, had a choice to make between instant gain, by firing Andre and getting our older players a manager they like, or long-term gain by keeping Andre, trusting his philosophy and the style of play he was trying to implement and raising our younger players on that philosophy.

You are right, there is no proof that had we kept AVB we would turn into a club with stability and one that integrates youth players on a regular basis like Bayern, but that certainly won't happen with our current policy with managers.

You can't say that the trophies we've won the last 10 years have been because of us firing managers. There are tons of other variables the most significant of those is the amount of money we spent. Our success has been largely been thanks to that. But eventually, as Neville points out in the article, you are going to run out of top-quality managers that are willing to join your club. My fear is that we are turning into a club that is largely unattractive to managers and players.

However one looks at Chelsea, one sees Chelsea are running out of willing managers to sign for the club. I agree here.

Also, one still may ask, was Pep willing to come to Chelsea ? I doubt it & I am pleased he has not signed for Chelsea.

Will Jose sign for Chelsea ? I doubt it.

Will others come to coach to Stamford Bridge ? I tend to believe, many would love to. After all, there are other coaches than Pep or Jose only.

Therefore, we all need to wait & see in the summer.

It's about short-term or long-term success. This is what I, and many other members where saying during AVB's time here. We, as a club, had a choice to make between instant gain, by firing Andre and getting our older players a manager they like, or long-term gain by keeping Andre, trusting his philosophy and the style of play he was trying to implement and raising our younger players on that philosophy.

You are right, there is no proof that had we kept AVB we would turn into a club with stability and one that integrates youth players on a regular basis like Bayern, but that certainly won't happen with our current policy with managers.

You can't say that the trophies we've won the last 10 years have been because of us firing managers. There are tons of other variables the most significant of those is the amount of money we spent. Our success has been largely been thanks to that. But eventually, as Neville points out in the article, you are going to run out of top-quality managers that are willing to join your club. My fear is that we are turning into a club that is largely unattractive to managers and players.

Ya good point but I think it depends on what our current manager can achieve.

Say we finish in the top 3 and end up keeping Rafa.. and he achieves something next season.

That should keep us attracting the best managers and players...besides the paypa they'll get.

Well I like Roman, BUT he is basicaly the biggest problem in the club. Yes, he gives us money and stuff, but just because he spent billion on club doesnt mean he actualy knows whats best for the club in terms of buying players, managers etc. Even those PSG owners or City owners have invested millions in club, but they let the managers do the work.

We have major problems with infrastructure including Roman's involvement, club phylosophy, youth evolution, loan deals, buying players, borad decisions as well squad problems with manager sacking, keep playing Torres and lack of buying the KEY players or filling the spots in team.

Seriously, sell Torres, buy striker, get a manager THAT WILL ACTUALY STAY FOR 3 SEASONS AT LEAST! and leave him to do the work. Give him all authority to manage player buys

and sells, loans, tactics, formations, style of play and who will play the games (not like ''oh he cost 50mio he has to play even he is shit'').

Once we do that, we will be on good way to rebuild the club in healthy, respectful institution,

However, Roman is Roman, he is spoiled and has our club for his toy. Things will forever stay like now, but hopefuly our players will evolve and become world class team.

However, Roman is Roman, he is spoiled and has our club for his toy. Things will forever stay like now, but hopefuly our players will evolve and become world class team.

Talk about self – sabotaging mode .

Expectation of immediate results.

Blind obsession with certain players. Playing football manager, while having all the money to hire the best experts in that field.

Relyng on ego and yes men when it comes to running this club. Having the board of business men instead of football people and advisors.

Overpaying players and reducing squad to cut costs at the same time.

Not asking coaches when it comes to signing players, erm, not allowing them to earn their salaries.

Inexplainable and meaningless sacking of proven managers and assistant coaches. It's all managers fault . Who needs time? Time is for losers.

No stability, no loyalty, no patience.

He is now seeing the effects of it. But that's the key. He didn't have to see it before. We played CL every season ( often semis), we won trophys on regular bases, we had great squad, all that has provided successful avoidance of any consequences for long period of time.

Yes, we won nothing 2008. But we played CL final and signed manager with great pedigree ( oh the irony).

Yes we won nothing 2011. But AVB was such a great prospect. In the end of that season, we won CL.

The plain truth is, all that time little suggested Roman that we are in deep trouble. On the contrary, his way could have been described as recipe for success.

And precisely for that, nothing guaranties he will continue to do the same now when he realizes that his actions caused big problems. Dropping out of CL, three lost trophys in a row, constant uncertain fight for CL , lately managerial situation, Pep, FSW, are not something that can be overlooked or thrown under the rug.

Who can assure that he doesn't have the ability to recognize his mistakes at some point and to act differently?

Believing it can/ will go on like this indefinitely is pure misconception. It's not sustainable. From financial and managerial point of view.

Talk about self sabotaging mode .

Expectation of immediate results.

Blind obsession with certain players. Playing football manager, while having all the money to hire the best experts in that field.

Relyng on ego and yes men when it comes to running this club. Having the board of business men instead of football people and advisors.

Overpaying players and reducing squad to cut costs at the same time.

Not asking coaches when it comes to signing players, erm, not allowing them to earn their salaries.

Inexplainable and meaningless sacking of proven managers and assistant coaches. It's all managers fault . Who needs time? Time is for losers.

No stability, no loyalty, no patience.

He is now seeing the effects of it. But that's the key. He didn't have to see it before. We played CL every season ( often semis), we won trophys on regular bases, we had great squad, all that has provided successful avoidance of any consequences for long period of time.

Yes, we won nothing 2008. But we played CL final and signed manager with great pedigree ( oh the irony).

Yes we won nothing 2011. But AVB was such a great prospect. In the end of that season, we won CL.

The plain truth is, all that time little suggested Roman that we are in deep trouble. On the contrary, his way could have been described as recipe for success.

And precisely for that, nothing guaranties he will continue to do the same now when he realizes that his actions caused big problems. Dropping out of CL, three lost trophys in a row, constant uncertain fight for CL , lately managerial situation, Pep, FSW, are not something that can be overlooked or thrown under the rug.

Who can assure that he doesn't have the ability to recognize his mistakes at some point and to act differently?

Believing it can/ will go on like this indefinitely is pure misconception. It's not sustainable. From financial and managerial point of view.

Completely agree with you, afterall Roman started brilliantly with getting Mou who was young, sucessfull, charismatic and had specific style of play. Ge brought couple players and in three years created team that had impact all the way till last year (and still has few players from that time). We had rich owner, fantastic coach, great buys, happy board with Ray Wilkins, youth team that was progressing in some way. Firing Mou and later Ray was signing that since things will get nasty. Only the players kept this club on high level, not Roman, coaches or board. It was the players only. Terry, Drogba, Lamps,...

Right now, Roman has to give all work to a manager that will stay here for three years at least. Even if there will be no trophy in first season. But what will actualy happen? Well fans of chelsea are soooo spoiled that if a manager wont win trophy, fans will want to get rid of him imediately. think of Avb for example...Its not just the club that has problems, but Fans are impatient too. I realy think Avb should stay, despite bad results. This was huge pressure on him from Roman and fans. If this wont change, there will be no manager that could handle the job ever. Club gets on new path in years, not in months....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P1i1lpDJm0

i am very sure the subs are totally wrong ! can someone confirm that !

Communism of Chukotka Roman Abramovich) (Reporter: oligarch. How do you feel about this?)(Abramovich: I'm not worried. Whatever you like. Сan call me parliamentarian. Recently we purchased a huge aluminum plant, many different Views.. I believe a legitimate transaction).(Reporter: redistribution of ownership-is that OK?)(Abramovich: Yes, I think that's OK.)(Reporter: Now tell me about your relationship with the business partners? ...

• 3 weeks later...

Paris Saint Germain Signs Roman Abramovich As New Club Owner

PARIS (The Global Edition) – French Football club Paris Saint Germain managed to strengthen its team by buying Roman Abramovich, owner of Chelsea FC. Qatar Sheikh, who owns the Parisian club, deemed the purchase of the rich club owner “necessary in order to increase Paris Saint Germain’s chances of winning trophies.”

http://www.theglobaledition.com/paris-saint-germain-signs-roman-abramovich-as-new-club-owner/

:ph34r:

• 1 month later...