Roman Abramovich Thread

Just find it crazy how we've had 7 in 9 years and only one of them has lasted a whole 2 years...longevity may not exist anymore as may attracting top class managers if we carry on.What manager with long term plans is gana want to come to us?!Espically is another club comes along who dont seem to fire their managers soon as a bad run hits.Be looking over their shoulder soon as they go on a bad run and its getting embrassing now really.

We do say about rebuilding the team and bringing in youth but that doesnt seem likely to happen espically as each manager has different plans and probably not so wanting to take massive risks or their job on the line....

Just be nice not go on a bad run and the bookies start taking bets etc...or go into a third season with the same bloke in charge...

If some of the finishing was better, we'd be 7th or 8th not 3rd.

Surely the same could be said of our finishing? We wasted chances against Shakhtar away, West Brom, Liverpool but that's the way football works, neither side will take all of their chances.

dude are you sure u r here for the right reason. its a chelsea fan forum and not a manu/ferguson hate forum. btw DAVID MOYES is a great coach who has done wonders with the limited cash he gets. Wenger is turning into a failure now but he has won his share of trophies. people who you are talking about are some big names and deserve a certain respect, so please show it.

I think u misunderstood me. I said Wenger and Moyes r gr8 coaches and Ferguson is shit! (which u understood) In the beginning of this post the guy wrote that Ferguson was in UTD for 26 yrs etc because he was awesome. I am saying no he is not awesome he is shit!!! I am saying that if we had managers who r corrupt they too would have stayed for 26 years! I am saying stop comparing our managers too Ferguson because Ferguson's there because of corruption!!!

I think u misunderstood me. I said Wenger and Moyes r gr8 coaches and Ferguson is shit! (which u understood) In the beginning of this post the guy wrote that Ferguson was in UTD for 26 yrs etc because he was awesome. I am saying no he is not awesome he is shit!!! I am saying that if we had managers who r corrupt they too would have stayed for 26 years! I am saying stop comparing our managers too Ferguson because Ferguson's there because of corruption!!!

my mistake. sorry. i thought u were ridiculing moyes too and that got me boiled up.

my mistake. sorry. i thought u were ridiculing moyes too and that got me boiled up.

np m8. I would never criticise Moyes I have huge respect for the guy and same applies for Wenger. Neither of them have gr8 budgets yet they keep their clubs at sucn a high level. We need some coaches like that too. Fed up of blowing our money like mad and then not even getting out of the group stage. Look at Juve or Shakhtar neither blow as much cash as us yet they play such awesome football.

Surely the same could be said of our finishing? We wasted chances against Shakhtar away, West Brom, Liverpool but that's the way football works, neither side will take all of their chances.

Agree m8. We've always had terrible luck. We dominate the game yet always fail to convert chances. An Old habit of ours. UTD r the opposite. Suck at the game yet Luck saves them.

Football fans get a raw deal anyway with other businesses unable to get away with what football clubs do! They do it because the fans are allegedly loyal and supporting a team is a vocation. When I don’t like the way something is run or presented I will not buy it or tolerate it in my life. This is where i find myself with Chelsea, after 40+ years of following blindly I can’t do it anymore! I like the success but do not like the way the club is run & I will no longer sell my soul to the devil for a football match! Benitez was the final straw for me as we all know about the sign that is still up in Liverpool’s training ground. I refuse to have anything to do with him: end of story.

RDM was not my choice of manager but if you give someone a job you give them a fair crack at it before firing them!

This is one of the most unstable, unpredictable, overspending clubs in history: But I love this club. There's nothing else to add to this. That's all.

The first but is untrue, we have an owner and captain that has stayed the same for nearly a decade. So we might change manager's but other clubs who have stable manager's have problems with their owners and change captain every season, what's the difference?

People just jump on the bandwagon about 'you can't keep having lots of managers' why don't you piss off and go tell that to Inter Milan or Real Madrid. Inter Milan have been poor of late, but look how many titles they have won, they won about 5 or 6 titles in a row and dominated the Serie A. Look at Madrids success, yeah Barca do get ahead of them but you need to accept that.

So if we had left the job to Scoliari, we wouldn't of found Carlo and i seriously doubt we would've won a double and scored so many goals that season. Probably the best ever season we had under Carlo.

To be honest does anyone ever stop to consider that Roman was tired of the sloping?, maybe he is sick of our stupid slow starts in november. Yeah it's strict but it's fucking pathetic, we aren't title contenders if we are going to lose every game in the last two months of the year, I'm sick of the november and december results we've been pulling out recently.

Get a manager who can cut that shit, maybe Di Matteo might of been dominent, maybe not. But hell if we get a good manager we will know about it, and that's a positive in Romans ways. People just look at a trigger happy Roman instead of the alternatives about him, Roman is a legend and i doubt i will ever disrespect him, not for what he's done for this club.

@,

We have history before Roman. An unstable history. We almost went into liquidation. We almost didn't exist. We went up and down divisions. We had one of the shittest owners in history in the form of Ken Bates. God knows how he got into football.

We've then had a decade of managers. We've had all these off the pitch issues recently after being relatively quiet when it came to off the pitch. We spend literally around £100million each season at the moment it would seem on players, when collectively they're worth not even half that most the time.

We're constantly making losses and not a profit.

Last season we didn't even finish in the top 4 yet still won 2 trophies. Before that, we'd been in the top 4 for around a decade.

We've now got a strange policy when it comes to 'older' players meaning even if they're among the best left backs in history, we'll just let them go because we won't spend a bit extra on his contract and instead pump it into the likes of Torres' and new staff to make him happy.

There's a big difference between us and other clubs.

@,

We have history before Roman. An unstable history. We almost went into liquidation. We almost didn't exist. We went up and down divisions. We had one of the shittest owners in history in the form of Ken Bates. God knows how he got into football.

We've then had a decade of managers. We've had all these off the pitch issues recently after being relatively quiet when it came to off the pitch. We spend literally around £100million each season at the moment it would seem on players, when collectively they're worth not even half that most the time.

We're constantly making losses and not a profit.

Last season we didn't even finish in the top 4 yet still won 2 trophies. Before that, we'd been in the top 4 for around a decade.

We've now got a strange policy when it comes to 'older' players meaning even if they're among the best left backs in history, we'll just let them go because we won't spend a bit extra on his contract and instead pump it into the likes of Torres' and new staff to make him happy.

There's a big difference between us and other clubs.

'Uncle' Ken Bates may not have been my favourite person in the world but without his pitchowners scheme, we probably wouldn't have a club and for that I'm forever grateful. One of the shittest owners in history? I don't think so.

People just jump on the bandwagon about 'you can't keep having lots of managers' why don't you piss off and go tell that to Inter Milan or Real Madrid. Inter Milan have been poor of late, but look how many titles they have won, they won about 5 or 6 titles in a row and dominated the Serie A. Look at Madrids success, yeah Barca do get ahead of them but you need to accept that.

So if we had left the job to Scoliari, we wouldn't of found Carlo and i seriously doubt we would've won a double and scored so many goals that season. Probably the best ever season we had under Carlo.

To be honest does anyone ever stop to consider that Roman was tired of the sloping?, maybe he is sick of our stupid slow starts in november. Yeah it's strict but it's fucking pathetic, we aren't title contenders if we are going to lose every game in the last two months of the year, I'm sick of the november and december results we've been pulling out recently.

Get a manager who can cut that shit, maybe Di Matteo might of been dominent, maybe not. But hell if we get a good manager we will know about it, and that's a positive in Romans ways. People just look at a trigger happy Roman instead of the alternatives about him, Roman is a legend and i doubt i will ever disrespect him, not for what he's done for this club.

Most probably the best post i have ever read on this forum.

tumblr_me08llH1pE1rf8nieo1_500.jpg

No Piers, Abramovich has supplied millions of pieces of paper called money, acquired from the Russian people, that has enabled 8 managers to buy expensive players that have gelled together, to produce at times mouth watering football and trophies.

Although his club at seems like one of his yachts, with a captain that he sacks and gets another at will, there is an old saying -'do not bite the hand that feeds you'. For that reason we need to swallow our pride if we want 'brand Chelsea' to continue to be succesful.

Can someone tell me what Roman is actually talking about in this video?Is it related to football at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufFa8Ad9iY&feature=player_detailpage

Is this Roman Voice ? If yes than at last i heard Roman voice :getin: